“Not The Bees!?”

Cliffe Castle Museum & Park
Ranked #5 of 37 things to do in Keighley
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Museum that belongs in a museum. I have a special place in my heart for this place.

However, the refurb really didn't deliver the update I was expecting. There is still exhibits, with props in them, made from a packet of saxo stuffing that went out of date in 1982!

My favourite attraction is and has always will be the bee hive. however it seems that on my last visit all the bees were dying. I hope this gets sorted out soon

on the plus side the grounds and the building are a pleasure to walk around, and I will keep visiting and supporting this local attraction

1  Thank Joe T
in 7 reviews
"worth a visit"
"two hours"

Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was cold and quite misty day when I visited with a friend. However, we thoroughly enjoyed walking around the grounds and having a fantastic vegetarian lunch in the cafe (run privately by a lovely, welcoming young woman).

To top it all the museum was fascinating and well-presented with very friendly and helpful staff.

Will certainly be recommending to friends and it is now firmly on my list of must-see destinations for my visitors.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

An amazing array of exhibits very well displayed with clear written text and photographs to give a comprehensive history.
We could only get an overall impression and would need to spend many more visits to absorb everything.
This museum had the wow factor and was such a pleasant surprise to find such a resource locally.
Grounds and play areas for children.
Free parking
The rooms are stunning.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Something to interest almost everyone.
The display of rocks and minerals are extensive and there are a lot of links to local landscape.
I heard a lady adding to some of the history and wondered if it would be worth gathering information from local people before it is no longer available.
It would take too long to describe everything . Go pay a visit.

1  Thank Snowdrop7
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Me, my husband and son went to cliffe castle to check out the new improvements, cliffe castle was somewhere i went often when i was a child, so i had prior knowledge of the layout. It looks great, and its alot bigger than you expect it to be. There doesn't seem to be alot for little ones to do, my son's three, but it managed to keep him entertained!
The grounds are vast, plenty of room for children to play, as well as a great new park, which is suitable for little babies right up to big kids. The cafe is a bit of the expensive side for what it is, but you could take a picnic.
My only criticism is that i think they should supply new comers with a map of the museum, as parts can be easily missed. There's a map at the entrance, but that's no good when you're walking around!
I hope they keep up the good work and start doing events/special days.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I visited Cliffe Castle on Sunday with a friend who had told me about it - I didn't even know such a place existed in Keighley!........but what a wonderful hidden gem!! The 'house' rooms are beautifully laid out and very well kept - as many of your reviewers comment - and the museum side has so much more than I had expected.....for something on this scale i'm sure you couldn't have had a better find in London......its a delightful surprise and WELL WELL worth a visit! The grounds are lovely to walk round, a playground for the children and a nice café - it really does have something for all ages, in fact it got very busy when we were there and it was lovely to see families with younger children enjoying it too. I don't know how you open these places for free but a donation from each of us was most deserved in the lovely 'bear' near to the entrance. Well done to all those involved - we really enjoyed our visit and will be back again before too long!

2  Thank caroline b