“Helpful staff”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keighley
Sydney, Australia
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My friend and I arrived late at night, tired and hungry after cycling 70 miles. The manager did everything possible to help us, providing a hose to wash down our bikes, secure storage for them at the back of the hotel, and supplying us with various take away menus and recommendations.
The room and bathroom were fine, only issue being that the towel hooks or racks seemed to be temporarily missing, The beds were comfortable, the room really quiet and we both slept well.
The included breakfast was great value and cheerfully served to us according to our individual requests.
Our twin room was great value and although the Dalesgate is a little out of town I'd gladly stay there if I was visiting Keighley again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Stephen A, General Manager at Dalesgate Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks for your comments, as a popular cycling route it seems logical to have bike washing & storage facilities. Pleased to hear you had a comfortable nights sleep and a hearty breakfast prior to departure. Not sure what the problem was with the towel rail. We would be pleased to see you in the future if you want to cycle part of the Tour de France 2014 cycle route.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Last night we at the Dalesgate Hotel as a party of six adults x 3 double bedrooms .
The welcome to the hotel was very poor .The bar was a joke , there was dirty glasses on a table on our arrival at 2.30pm and our dirty glasses along with the other ones, were still lying there this morning. Our room was O.K. however our friends room only had one towel and enough soap for one use.
As we were exiting the hotel this morning my Mother In Law who is in her seventies had a nasty fall down the stairs followed by my Father in law . Our friend called out for help one employee did look out to see what was going on but just turned back and totally ignored our pleas for help. Our friend had to go in and ask for a plaster.
I then went back in to return the key and the guy on reception did not even acknowledge me " how rude "
As it was only for one nights stay I was not concerned with the unpleasant smell on arrival or the small stuffy rooms . But there is no excusing total appalling customer service and downright bad manners.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank S88lmc

Travellers are raving about these Keighley hotels

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We chose this hotel as we were attending an event nearby, therefore the location for us was ideal. There is a large car park to the rear but we parked on the road as my husband is not good with stairs and there is no lift. We were able to have a room at road level which, being at the back of the hotel, was nice and quiet with a view of the hills beyond. Our daughters had a front facing room with double glazing and were not disturbed by any traffic noise.

The breakfast was lovely, freshly cooked to order and plentiful.

The rooms were clean and spacious with lovely white fluffy towels in the shower room. Shower worked a treat, no problems with the rooms at all.

Overall the whole hotel could do with a refurb, its a bit tired and décor dated, but otherwise ok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Pros: Good location, amazing free breakfast, exceptional staff.
cons: the bed was awful, the noise from the street kept us awake all night, and the bathroom needs a good deal of work.

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel for a few reasons. Firstly, we wanted something decidedly "English", as we can stay at a Best Western anywhere and they are all the same. We wanted something different. It certainly had some of the charm we were hoping for. A great building, a pub on premises. The staff were exceptional, friendly and helpful. The location was also fairly good, especially if you are from North America and find the distances much closer than by European standards. The room was ample in size, and everything appeared clean. The bathroom however left much to be desired with clear signs of wet rot and mildew in the corners of the shower. Our room was on the ground level and the noise from the street made for a very poor sleep. To further add to the poor sleep, the "king" bed was actually two very uncomfortable twins pushed together, making for a hard ridge in the middle of the bed, with two very very soft spots on either side. Despite the rough condition of the shower, the water pressure was ample to wash away the aches left by the poor mattress. The full english breakfast which was included in our rate was out of this world. I can eat a lot, and could not finish this meal. I will say, there is nothing like a proper english breakfast, and when it's free, all the better. Overall I would stay here again, but not without checking a few other hotels in the area, and I would certainly ask for a better bed next time. While the price was higher than you would pay in other parts of Europe, it was by far one of the more affordable Inns in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear will be much less noisy, hidden from the road traffic. Ask to check the bed befor...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pandrol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I won't put how much I payed as I don't think it's fair but on certain nights when quiet I think your able to negotiate a bit, the hotel as a whole is dated !!!! But for the money I thinks it's fine, for food u can walk left out of the hotel to a nice resturant or past that is a pub which is ok ish !!!! Defiantly ok if u need a b&b but its no destination hotel !!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Having read the reviews I was expecting the worst! However, it wasn't that bad. I chose this hotel as it was pet friendly.

I'll start with the positives: its cheap, nice helpful friendly staff, lovely cooked breakfast, nice comfy bed, room looked clean and fresh, ample parking at the rear. I stayed in a loft room at the front, it had a sloping ceiling but I didnt find this to be a problem. Everything in the room was in full working order. The furniture looked new and there was plenty of storage space.

Negatives: PILLOWS! They are made of some sort of rubber and are very uncomfortable, decor is dated- woodchip paper! creaky floorboards, shower is like a trickle.

Overall, it has everything you need and for the price I think its worthwhile. Very worthwhile if you have dogs as they stay free of charge. Its rated as a 2 star, if you want something better -pay more and go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Having mucked up my calendar, I ended up booked for two nights here but was only able to stay for one. I got a very friendly, polite call asking me where I was when I forgot to turn up on the first night, and they bent over backwards to make sure I could get in on the second night when I didn't have time to check in.

Not only that, but they refused to charge me for the first, missed, night, even though it cost them the use of a room in the middle of summer.

Fantastic people, wonderful service.

Room Tip: If you are easily disturbed in your sleep, ask for a room on the side away from the road. It really...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank michaelc_nash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keighley
Premier Inn Bradford North (Bingley) Hotel
#1 of 2 in Shipley
Five Rise Locks Hotel
Five Rise Locks Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley

Been to Dalesgate Hotel? Share your experiences!