“Is it me, or are most curry house the same ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Purple Garlic

Purple Garlic
Ranked #64 of 186 Restaurants in Keighley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Silsden, United Kingdom
“Is it me, or are most curry house the same ?”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I'm no curry officionado, but I do like a good, fresh-tasting spicy meal. I have nothing to complain about this place, but to me it basically served the same sort of curry you can get anywhere and everywhere. Probably pre-made sauces with a bit of a dash of coriander or extra spice, along with your meat of choice to satisfy the descriptions. Tasty if you'd had 10 pints but otherwise pretty average. Service was ok, with the normal "is everything ok with your meal" interruption half-way through. If there was a category for "nothing special" this is the mark I would give this place.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Neil W

“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Having had many take always we decided to eat in. The staff were lovely and the atmosphere and restaurant itself were just right. The food was lovely with the only gripe being the shells left on the prawns meaning we won't be ordering that dish again. Overall we had a lovely evening and will be returning!

• Visited May 2014
Leeds
“Food good, rest grubby”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The food was good and the service excellent but it is let down by its décor. The toilets are dirty and grim and the restaurant area needs a good clean.

Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have had takeaways from Purple Garlic a few times, and they are always much better than any other in the local area. My boyfriend and I ate in the restaurant recently, and really enjoyed it. We were seated quickly and given really friendly, attentive service, and didn't had to wait long at all for our food. The food itself is good; not amazing, but a very decent standard. For the prices you pay, I'd say it's very good value.

• Visited April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lukewarm Bhajis - chewy chicken”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We too have just recently moved to Silsden my bhajis were lukewarm in fact one was almost cold - my main I have frankly eaten better from Asda and made better ones myself. Very disappointed but then we did used to go to seemas in Ilkley before we moved and most likely will be going back there as we have yet to find other restaurants to match their excellence both in food and service. sorry Garlic Purple but dont think we will be paying another visit.

• Visited January 2014