“Great Wedding Venue, Great Night's Stay”
Review of Steeton Hall Hotel

Steeton Hall Hotel
Ranked #14 of 27 Keighley B&B and Inns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pickering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We held a wedding in Steeton Hall in April - the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating - nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was very good, as was the wedding meal - however the burger the night before was pretty awful - even the replacement!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Enns
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We were looking for a place to stay because we couldn't reach your accommodation because of the snow chaos. Our accomodation highly recommended the hotel. So we went there. The car park was completely empty, it was six p.m. and there was no one in the restaurant or bar. We have a little boy, he is nearly 2 years old and we took him with us when asking whether they had any rooms available for us. The guy only said that they were fully booked and had no room for us. This was after he saw our little boy. I don't mind honesty but what I don't like is not being honest and not being child friendly. Really disappointednand hotel is not recommendable for families!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Pompeyste, General Manager at Steeton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Paula Enns, I’m deeply sorry you felt one of our members of staff wasn’t honest with you and that your visit to the hall didn’t meet your expectation, and for this I apologise. Firstly I wish to inform you that although our hotel looked empty a very large proportion of business comes from the corporate world and the factories behind the hotel, this means it’s very rare they have a need for cars especially those using the train station across the road from us and our international guests.
The hotel is very customer focused and believe ourselves to have good connections to the local community, and children which we feel was proven by the great success of the Halloween party we threw for kids in our neighbourhood only last year.
Whilst I understand your frustration of being turned away on the night I feel it somewhat harsh to review a hotel of which you did not stay. I too would be angry if I felt someone wasn’t helpful whilst travelling with my child to whom I would like to make sure had the rest he needs at such a young age, however I would like to assure you the member of staff wouldn’t have intended to be rude to yourselves in any way.
We currently run at a high occupancy rate and we are sorry we were unable to accommodate you on the night, but I’m sure you can imagine with the way business is at the moment we have a high booking level from corporate bookings and visitors to Yorkshire.
Once again I would like to apologise for how you felt a member of staff treated you, and I can assure you questions will be asked of my team due to this.

Kind Regards
Steeton Hall Management Team
Keighley
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Went to wedding in late Feb.Facilities wher good and prices were surprisingly reasonable.Could have done with more staff on bar service was very slow.Buffet was a hog roast nice but you had to pick it up from outside.a bit chilly in late Feb.But good and hot despite this.

• Stayed February 2013
Watford
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Good location by Aire Valley railway. Plenty of parking. Large rooms but slightly faded decor. Very small TV in large room!! Great breakfasts. Spa bath not working. Convenient for the Dales Skipton nearby

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
oxford
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times now, largely because it is so convenient. Only a few miles from Skipton, at the gateway to The Dales, and right alongside the railway into Bradford - ideal location for a hol. There's plenty of parking, too.
The hotel is a large Georgian Manor, tastefully decorated, with huge rooms and log fires. (Its main usage seems to be as a wedding venue). The breakfasts are incredible - on top of cereal, juice & toast, you can have local bacon, herby sausage, gorgeous black pudding, mushrooms, beans, tomato, & a choice of eggs, all cooked to order & piping hot. The staff are really friendly & helpful, even if they don't always get things done because they're over-stretched.
Yes, the splendour is somewhat faded in places, the four-poster a bit hard & our spa-bath out of order, but it's clean & at £72.50 B&B for a huge double with hairdrier, TV & alarm-radio, very reasonable. Approach it positively & you'll have a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Skipton UK
Reviewed 5 September 2012

whilst travelling earlier this year in the UK as I now live abroad, I happened upon Steeton Hall Hotel via my old work colleague, I needed an over night stay and they found me a room, rather sharp chap at the bar on my arrival turned out to be very pleasant, and locals poked fun at him while he worked haha (Basil or Nick was his name as I never found out the truth) food was great and the cozy restaurant just lacked the open fire being lit.
The Bedroom was spacious and had a seating area tv and games console (not needed) nice touch with the tea and coffee and bottled water. however my only disappointment was to be had in the morning I had not realised the room only had a large bath with extending shower head thing (I need my shower) any way mood set for the day breakfast was good and hearty lashings of tea and toast, bacon sausage eggs mushrooms tomato and Black Pudding (I don't get this where I live) all great and well, check out seamless and a good night enjoyed, big thanks to all that where their.

Room Tip: If like me ask if the room has a bath or shower as I prefer a shower and not all rooms have them.