“Very good”

Ranked #46 of 189 Restaurants in Keighley
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Pakistani, Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: National Award-Winning Restaurant serving the finest and rare Asian cooked food In the heart of Keighley. Highley acclaimed by food critics and judges.
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We've been here on several occasions and on each occasion the food and service as been of a very high standard, I would recommend giving this curry house a go as it really is worth visit

• Visited February 2014

Keighley, United Kingdom
“Bland”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have ordered many curries in my life but never have I had to order a Vinderloo to get any
flavour. The starters are equally bland, the kebabs were tasteless. The prices are extortionate.
Reservations are a laugh we waited about an hour over our allotted time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank john b
“The best!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

As a seasoned curry diner, ex chef and part time food critic and writer; i cannot express the excellent service and food quality of shimla keighley. Quite simply a far superior meal to any of which i have purchased or cooked. A fine and just worthy vurry house. Looking forward to the burnley branch opening in a few months! Jw.

• Visited February 2014
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Quality Food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Regular visitor to this establishment. Both the take away and restaurant offers splendid food and service. It's certainly not the cheapest Asian restaurant in Keighley but you get what you pay for.

I'd like to see the restaurant offer more authentic desserts. It's a shame that they have the usual bought in offering.

Visited December 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst service and longest wait of any restaurant I have ever visited!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

When I rang up to organize a leaving party for my colleague, I arranged a meal for 15 people for an 8:30pm sit down. I gave Shimla a couple of weeks notice and promised to keep in touch with them to let them know the exact number of people who would be coming as there are always indecisive folks, and those who have last minute baby sitter cancellations etc. I kept up this promise so that the restaurant did not needlessly waste seats and tables.

On the night myself and my girlfriend popped in at about 7:30 to drop off my colleague's gift and also leave a bottle of wine with them for when we sat down as Shimla is not licensed for alcohol.

After getting the group together on the night at around 8:15, we were told that out table would be slightly delayed, however this slight delay was actually extensive and we were finally shown to our table at around 9:15pm - 45 mins late. The manager seemed little interested in apologizing, and when pushed, offered a second round of poppadoms as compensation for our wait.. lucky really as we were starving!

Then the waiter started taking orders (slowly), as he came to us, we asked for our bottle of wine, which then started another comical display of incompetence whilst one - by - one the waiter brought us different bottles of wine from the one we had left with them. Clearly other customers had the same Idea, yet shimla had not embraced such organisation as a pack of sticky labels and a pen to match the bottle to the customer..

Then the real insult began, 4 of our colleagues received their food a full 30 minutes before the rest of the table! half an hour! the rest of our food arrived at 10:15pm, almost 2 hours after we arrived!

This was outrageous, we did not get an apology, or a discount off our bill, simply a painfully slow service for dull and uninteresting food.

I will mention that I have ordered from shimla before both eat in and take away and been happy but this experience has lost my business forever, and demonstrated that they are unable to handle large groups without double booking the tables but i'v booked many many staff meals and events and the Shimla is now off my list forever

• Visited October 2013