“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quarry Hill
Description: Bella Italia is synonymous with good quality, affordable Italian cuisine and this Leeds Briggate branch is no exception. Located just moments away from the popular Leeds Shopping Plaza, Bella Italia is the perfect place to stop for a bite to eat at lunchtime or to enjoy an evening meal with loved ones. The outdoor terrace is wonderful during the summertime where you can watch the world go by in Leeds whilst tucking into tasty Italian fare. Dishes include the Fritto Misto (tempura battered prawns, cod pieces and calamari served with fries and a side salad) or the chargrilled sirloin steak with garlic butter, garlic mushrooms, fries and rocket. A little taste of Italy in the heart of Leeds.
“Great food”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I went to this branch for a late lunch and there was a discount on the O2 priority app at the time as well. The food was excellent and the service was attentive.
Even if you're not on O2 there's a lunchtime menu which looked reasonable.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Yummy meals..!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Location: 5 minutes walk from the train station.

Decor: Nicel and roomy. Neat and clean.

Seating: We got seated straight away, and could have had a table outside in the sun if we wanted. Tables nicely spaced apar and roomy, and I had a good view of the kitchen window and seeing the staff beavering away. .

Service: Ok, our order was taken in a few minutes and we didn't have to wait long before the grub arrived. Pleasant waitress, and she took our order after a short while. It was quie busy as we dined about midday Saturday, but we weren't kept waiting..

Food: We ordered olives to start,1 x Burger Americano with goats cheese ( no sald as requested ). 1 x Chicken Breast with peppercorn sauce and 1 x Margherita pizza. Good portions on all 3 dishes.
We had a e-voucher for free desserts, so we enjoyed a tasty banana sundae, pannacotta, and a cookie lava cake..mmmmmmmm
Coffee and cokes.
Food was delicious, and the portions were better than we are used to. We were impressed.

Price: £43 for the three of us, so I was content with that price for a tasty meal.

Overall we gave it 9 out of 10. Atmosphere was fine. Good menu to choose from.
We will certainly be visiting again. An enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
England
“Saturday Evening Meal”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Was lovely to sit outside on a sunny evening with a glass of wine and a meal. Good pricing and not too expensive at all. Nice staff, good menu choice and the food was wonderful!

Visited July 2014
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We dropped in as we were starving. Had the pram with us and the waiter greeted us at the door, seated us quickly in a great spot for the pram and we were served very quickly. My and my wife got a pasta and pizza and shared half and half. Food was great. We'll be back. Thanks

Leeds
“Shocking service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I took my family for a pre theatre. The children had the kids menu which was good value at £5.25 for 3course including drinks, me and my partner opted for calzones, sides and drinks.
Two meals came out wrong and had to be sent back. When my meal did arrive everyone else had finished and my side was cold. The waiter didn't ask if my meal was ok the 2nd time or offer me pepper and there was no question if we would like more drinks. I then had to search for the waiter to order the children's meals, she did not take the empty plates I had impatiently stacked. They did not have the children's doughnuts in so they served them unappealing looking Brownies.
Then to my astonishment the manager came over and said he had been watching from a far the whole time we had been there and witnessed the terrible service and apologised for this and said he would adjust the bill accordingly, it came to £21!
Now I am pleased I did not have to complain but would have preferred to pay full for an enjoyable meal with my family. I felt like a mystery shopper with a bad waiter and had to pay for the privilege.