“Great Pizza, Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #553 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$0 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Quarry Hill
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Pizza, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We always really enjoy our visits to Pizza Express, and the one located at Crown Exchange just behind the corn Exchange has a great atmosphere too. Pizza Express pizzas never taste quite as good when bought from a supermarket and cooked at home too!
For the starter we ordered a portion of dough balls and Bruschetta con Funghi. Both were excellent and arrived quickly even thought the restaurant was quite busy.
For the main my partner ordered an American classic and I ordered the Calzone Prosciutto Pesto. The Calzone was just oozing with filling when cut open and was simply gorgeous!
We ordered a side of Polenta chips to share, and were great too, big chunky home cooked style served with a delicious mustard dressing.
The bill for two including a couple of large bottles of Peroni beer was reasonable too. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sunmagic

Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Great family lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

Really enjoyed family meal for 21 people on Sunday. Excellent service and food despite our number. Very attentive and friendly staff.

• Visited February 2013
Halifax
“Standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

The standard Pizza Express fayre, delicious as ever however despite the restaurant being quiet the service was a little lacking. It was early doors on a Sunday.

Visited February 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“What's the problem a disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Went on a quiet Saturday afternoon and only 7 tables and so no rush but pizza came undercooked chips undercooked and waiter far too touchy feely.
Complained and manager struggled to come to table which made situation worse so told manager we would be leaving without paying a thing.
Even though we had also bought a £20 bottle of wine which was half full with full glasses in table.
First time to a pizza express ever and the last very poor

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“THE best Pizza Express in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews on here I thought I would share my thoughts. Firstly, the restaurant is based at the Crown Exchange - an area of Leeds that is not far from the river (there is a bar called Skylon not very far from it that has a terrace overlooking Leeds, which is perfect for a drink but a tad expensive). When I went to this Pizza Express I never had any experience like the ones described in other reviews.

Service is done with a smile by most of the waiters, they leave enough time for you to look at the menu and if they come back then if you just say 'can I have another minute please' they will leave you alone for a further 5mins while you decide what to have. I have never experienced rude or unhelpful staff.

I love the layout of the restaurant, they even had someone playing the piano when I visited, which was fantastic as not many restaurants have this that aren't high-end.

The food has always, in my experience, arrived well cooked and is delicious. OK, there have been times when I have been waiting more than 15 minutes for food but this doesn't bother me, as long as I haven't got a film to go and watch but I often leave 2hrs in between for a meal and chat with friends. It is reasonably priced and they often have deals on, for example you can often get three courses for £12.

I would thoroughly recommend this Pizza Express, in a vibrant location, to anyone with a love of food.

• Visited August 2012