“Best UK hotel staff and hotel!”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Brize Norton, United Kingdom
“Best UK hotel staff and hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels but never with our one year old. We wanted a stress free stay and thats exactly what we got. I believe Chris Hartley the General Manager checked us in and even though we were early he called housekeeping to see if our room was ready and arranged the cot to be delivered straight away. He explained all the facilities and was one of the most helpful and approachable people I have ever come accross in all the hotels I have stayed in. Q-Hotels and Marriott are normally our hotels of choice but after this visit we are wholly converted to De Vere - I just hope all their other hotels meet the same value and service as this one. The room was stunning, great decor and very clean and quiet even though its next to a main road. The only thing we did miss was a hairdryer and a bath having a little one but he loved the big shower! The variable lighting was very helpful when trying to get the little one off to sleep. The leisure club was lovely and we could take mini man in during certain times. The pub in the restaurant does some great meal deals although the drinks are a little bit expensive but nothing out of the average for normal hotel prices. The restaurant for breakfast was great and the food was fab. I got the impression that we were not very popular with some business types having a quiet small child as they looked at us with buldging eyes when the waitress suggested a few sit by us they quickly shook their heads! The waitresses made us very welcome and put us at ease with all the friendly chat and we were in very early 7am! so as not to interrupt any child phobes! Starbucks on site was great for a spot of lunch and I cannot recommend the hotel enough, I believe Amy Holloway checked us out and we were quickly sent a follow up email to check we were happy with our stay. Thanks to all staff, the hotel is doing the chain proud. We visited the White Rose Centre just 2 minutes away, Elland Road (hubbie is a Leeds fan) and Stockheld Park for the Christmas Adventure brilliant hotel location and break.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Minky2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We booked a two night stay with a meal included on the first night, which we thought was good value. We arrived and found the check in staff friendly and helpful. We were given a room on the second floor, and it was at this point that we thought the decor wasn't very tasteful with stripy carpets and bright blue doors.

Our room looked ok, clean and comfortable however it lacked the finishing touches you expect from a hotel in this price range these days. We appreciated the walk in shower, however the lack of a heated towel rail meant that the towels had to be changed each day as they did not dry. The little touches were missing like a shower cap, toiletries, safe, fridge and biscuits on the tea tray which is why we felt it was not much more than a Premier Inn, however we appreciated the better TV and Wi-Fi in the room.

In the restaurant we found our evening meal to be fairly poor and the breakfast was not much better, special mention must be given to the cheap nasty bread they provided for toast, that was the worst I have ever been offered.

If you're staying overnight on business then I would say this hotel is acceptable but if you're staying away for a nice break to explore the area or shopping in Leeds then I would say there are nicer hotels to be found for a similar price.

1 Thank Wico32
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here because it had good access to my office but it was deceptively a long ride to city Center. Service wasn't rude just a bit empty. Returned back from dinner at 11 and waited around at reception to ask a question for maybe ten mins without seeing anyone. My room, the bathroom had a huge patch in the ceiling replastered and just left as a rough patch that had obviously been there a while. There was trash on the floor, the bed sheets were not fixed correctly so when the duvet pulled back everything came with it. The remote batteries were flat, so had to adjust the tv manually. The apple charger only supported 3Gs, so only 3 years out of date and all of the lights buzzed loudly when turned on. The blind wouldn't shut because the Venetian blinds were obstructed by the window handle, the curtains made it so dark that even with the lights it was still dark. Didn't want to open the floor to curtains because of the wide open view the car park would have had of me in my bday suit! All for £99 a night, could have stayed at the Hilton, park plaza or Novotel for less and all are much better.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank chewie55
Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We booked this for an overnight stay for a wedding in Leeds. at £65 B & B it was a lovely hotel. Handy with the motorway (overlooking the M62 from our room) and clean and tidy. Breakfast was good and the staff were very heloful.

The room and bathroom were a decent size and very clean.

There was a party going on downstairs (Saturday Night) however the rooms were well away from the party area so nothing could be heard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Arrived friday afternoon for our weekend stay Ami on reception could not have been more helpfull we got to our spacious modern room but it did not have a bath my wife likes a bath,
Informed Ami and said she would upgrade us to a room with bath free, well impressed.
We booked our meal in the restraunt and had a great 3 course meal for 2 people for only £29.00. Had breakfast saturday morning what a selection I cannot believe some peoples comments about the food as we found there was everything you would expect and more.We had booked the restraunt for saturday night but were told by Ami that they were having a tribute band night and this would include a 3 course meal as well as the mersey beat band all for only £15.00 per head what a great night. I can only speak as I found but could not find fault with anything in this hotel, We will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are very quiet I think rooms at the rear may hear noise from the fu...
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stopped for one night on Business. Room well presented with a comfortable firm bed, so i had a good nights sleep, The bathroom is a proper walk in "wet room", so points for that although the large shower head was partially blocked, but this was easily fixed.

Eat in the "Victory" bar. What possessed De Veres to theme a bar after possibly one of the worst films in history? The bar was very busy, and the food was distinctly poor, The flat bread pizza I had would have been at home in the Iceland anything for a pound cabinet, and my colleagues burgers looked very similar.

Breakfast was better , but I would still only rate it as average. I don't like to sound fussy but there you go.

One major plus point , They have a Starbucks, so good coffee.
In common with other Villages, the gym and pool looked good , but as this was a booking on top of another couple of nights away elsewhere I had no gear to try them out.

I will stay again , but will probably look to eat out.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

This visit was my third to a Village hotel and it was equally as good as the others.
The reception staff were welcoming and helpfull as was the bar manager.
The rooms are comfy, clean and modern.
We had a meal in with our stay as well as bubbly in the room and a glass of wine with the meal-all for £40 each. The meal was lovely and the service in the restaurant was excellent-our waiter Tom was a star and he was on hand to arrange a nice table for us for breakfast.aswell!!
The hotel group offers excellent value for money and we'll be visiting again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends