“.........CLASS!”

Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Westhill
“.........CLASS!”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed here for last weekend (25th-27th November) and this hotel is absolute class. From the moment we arrived to checking out , the staff were warm and friendly. We paid £110 for the 2 nights - superb value!!

The rooms were modern, clean, comfortable and luxurious. I loved the big screen tv embedded into the wall. The throw-over on the bed was of real good quality, typically emphasising the rooms luxury appearance.

Breakfast was of high quality. It was help yourself but the friendly waitresses were around to give you coffee and tea.

Outstanding facilities with gym etc.

only minor point was that you had to travel a bit as it is outside Leeds city centre - about 8 pounds in a taxi

I was down with friends and had little expectations but was very pleasantly surprised, so much so I'll be back with my missus!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We have just returned from our weekend away at the village hotel and I would just like to say what a joy it was - the stay at the hotel I mean! We arrived slightly earlier than anticipated but it seemed that that was not a problem as the room we were allocated was ready. I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff who dealt with us - including Amy Holloway - we were made to feel very welcome and nothing was a trouble. We dined in the bar area on Sunday as our Niece and family called on to see us and again the bar staff could not do enough for us. In these days where young people get a lot of bad press I would just say, go to the village hotel in Leeds and see how the young people there can change your mind, they were very polite and nothing was a problem for them even in busy times.

Hinckley
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed over on business, my room key card didn't work, nor that of chap in adjacent room.
He ran to desk for us and got it sorted, but they still failed! Next attempt with clerk got us in rooms.
Apparently day before all rooms affected, this time it was just ours apparently! However I could not let myself into room at all and it was embarrassing to have to get clerk to 'take me to my room' every time!
No offer made to change my room despite hotel half empty!
On top of that my room was evidently not cleaned properly as I found the previous occupants car keys on my bedside table!!! Again no real apology received!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were so glad we drove the extra 10 miles to use this hotel , after ski sessions at Xscape, we arrived early, lovely ambiance in the foyer, warmly welcomed and dealt with quickly and efficiently by very nice staff. The room was very nice, all rooms seemed much the same. Leisure facilities were first class especially after skiing. Restaurant food was delicious, very well presented and again staff were lovely . Breakfast was busy, and usually everyone does want breakfast at the same time but busy staff still had time to greet you with a smile. Amy was very helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay even more special, felt like guests rather than just customers. Well done Village! A good value break and would recommend without hesitation.Thank you .

Brize Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels but never with our one year old. We wanted a stress free stay and thats exactly what we got. I believe Chris Hartley the General Manager checked us in and even though we were early he called housekeeping to see if our room was ready and arranged the cot to be delivered straight away. He explained all the facilities and was one of the most helpful and approachable people I have ever come accross in all the hotels I have stayed in. Q-Hotels and Marriott are normally our hotels of choice but after this visit we are wholly converted to De Vere - I just hope all their other hotels meet the same value and service as this one. The room was stunning, great decor and very clean and quiet even though its next to a main road. The only thing we did miss was a hairdryer and a bath having a little one but he loved the big shower! The variable lighting was very helpful when trying to get the little one off to sleep. The leisure club was lovely and we could take mini man in during certain times. The pub in the restaurant does some great meal deals although the drinks are a little bit expensive but nothing out of the average for normal hotel prices. The restaurant for breakfast was great and the food was fab. I got the impression that we were not very popular with some business types having a quiet small child as they looked at us with buldging eyes when the waitress suggested a few sit by us they quickly shook their heads! The waitresses made us very welcome and put us at ease with all the friendly chat and we were in very early 7am! so as not to interrupt any child phobes! Starbucks on site was great for a spot of lunch and I cannot recommend the hotel enough, I believe Amy Holloway checked us out and we were quickly sent a follow up email to check we were happy with our stay. Thanks to all staff, the hotel is doing the chain proud. We visited the White Rose Centre just 2 minutes away, Elland Road (hubbie is a Leeds fan) and Stockheld Park for the Christmas Adventure brilliant hotel location and break.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Minky2
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We booked a two night stay with a meal included on the first night, which we thought was good value. We arrived and found the check in staff friendly and helpful. We were given a room on the second floor, and it was at this point that we thought the decor wasn't very tasteful with stripy carpets and bright blue doors.

Our room looked ok, clean and comfortable however it lacked the finishing touches you expect from a hotel in this price range these days. We appreciated the walk in shower, however the lack of a heated towel rail meant that the towels had to be changed each day as they did not dry. The little touches were missing like a shower cap, toiletries, safe, fridge and biscuits on the tea tray which is why we felt it was not much more than a Premier Inn, however we appreciated the better TV and Wi-Fi in the room.

In the restaurant we found our evening meal to be fairly poor and the breakfast was not much better, special mention must be given to the cheap nasty bread they provided for toast, that was the worst I have ever been offered.

If you're staying overnight on business then I would say this hotel is acceptable but if you're staying away for a nice break to explore the area or shopping in Leeds then I would say there are nicer hotels to be found for a similar price.

1 Thank Wico32
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here because it had good access to my office but it was deceptively a long ride to city Center. Service wasn't rude just a bit empty. Returned back from dinner at 11 and waited around at reception to ask a question for maybe ten mins without seeing anyone. My room, the bathroom had a huge patch in the ceiling replastered and just left as a rough patch that had obviously been there a while. There was trash on the floor, the bed sheets were not fixed correctly so when the duvet pulled back everything came with it. The remote batteries were flat, so had to adjust the tv manually. The apple charger only supported 3Gs, so only 3 years out of date and all of the lights buzzed loudly when turned on. The blind wouldn't shut because the Venetian blinds were obstructed by the window handle, the curtains made it so dark that even with the lights it was still dark. Didn't want to open the floor to curtains because of the wide open view the car park would have had of me in my bday suit! All for £99 a night, could have stayed at the Hilton, park plaza or Novotel for less and all are much better.

• Stayed November 2011