“Another Excellent Stay”

Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
east yorkshire
“Another Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Having stayed at various other Village Hotels I have to say that this is by far the best one I have stayed in and we must have stayed here at least 10 times now and still can,t fault the place. Did relay my appreciation to the Hotel Manager as it is nice to have postive feed back and not just negative ones. The staff are all lovely, the room was really good, bed very comfy. The evening meal was of a very high standard with lovely flavours. Service was excellent. Thank you Village Leeds South again for another great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed here with 5 other girls for my friends hen party in July. We attended a party night, and out overall experience from start to finish could not be faulted.
We arrived in Leeds at 9am, we knew check in wasnt until 3pm, but were told that reception would look after our bags while we explored. Reception were more than helpful, and also booked us a taxi into leeds city centre.
We headed back to the hotel at approximately 5pm to check in. The reception team also very kindly allocated us rooms all together on the same floor.
With it being a hen party we wanted to decorate our table as a suprise for the hen. The event staff were again very accomodating, showing us which table we had and basically letting us loose!
The tribute night was fab, food excellent, service excellent, and we won a bottle of wine or 2 which was a bonus!
We would totally recomend a tribute night at Village Leeds South without doubt.
Not at any point did we come across any member of staff who was not smiling or helpful in any way.
Fab, fab fab!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was our second stay in a village hotel and it was just as good. Location is a bit further from town than we realized but reception booked us a taxi and said they could get us a cheap deal. I thought this was a nice touch.
It was more modern then the previous village in cheadle, but just as welcoming.
Rooms are great and large for the price.
The gym here is amazing, It has a full size pool and tons of classes which we managed to cram into our stay.
The thing I love most about village is the Starbucks, it's just a good idea & I love a Starbucks fix after breakfast.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night and had the £29 for 2 menu. The food was really nice and even though I thought the wine was a little pricey it still worked out to be a really reasonable meal. We felt like it was a treat even though it was only £14.50 each!
Breakfast is also really good, lots of choice and you could smell the freshly baked Danish pastries which were so nice. All the staff were great & even though it was busy they had time to chat and were really relaxed, even making jokes with us as we left quite late and obviously a little tipsy. I saw the same girl at breakfast and she remembered us and made us feel really welcome.
We are going to book in again for the weekend breaks deal and will probably bring our friends.
Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Very stylish and modern. Big flat screen tv, lovely bedrooms, freindly staff, excellent buffet style breakfast (trays and cereal, toast on tap). The lady behind the front desk even rang us a taxi so we could leave the car and go shopping into leeds town centre.

didnt visit the pub but it seemed to be very popular with people watching the England game.

Would stay here again maybe for a long weekend

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Just returned from a three night stay at Village Leeds South. Firstly, for £53 per room, per night this was superb value and included breakfast.

The negatives first:
- rooms lacked attention to detail. Dusty in areas.
- wear and tear throughout the building was visible and in the bedrooms
- very dark in the hotel - needed a light near the wardrobe as could not see my clothes!
- breakfast - whilst filling a gap was not great in quality. Cheap bacon, eggs all hard, poor continental selection in terms of quality.
- cut backs - simple things like tissues were not in the room. Shower gel was the on the wall type. No soaps, shower hats etc. Breakfast items were of a cheaper nature and lesser quality.

The positives:
- Great location for Leeds, Bradford and motorways
- Rooms were of a good size
- Brilliant facilities - hotel gym and pool with spa. You can even do the classes - I still ache from Body Pump.
-plentiful free parking

In all - perfect for a base where you also want to indulge in the facilities. Very corporate though and I almost felt the staff were a little cold. Pleasant when you spoke to them, but there was no warmth in general. The hotel lobby is full of suited businessmen and women, although I imagine it would differ at the weekend. I was also suprised that despite mentioning my Dad's 60th birthday 3 times, there was no attempt made at recognising this during the stay. Just a little touch would have been nice and is something that other less corporate hotels would do.

As someone who works in hospitality I would say the staff need to be a bit more switched on to the guests. I'd like to see them going the extra mile - and to be honest I am not sure they currently do. it feels very formal and uniformed.

I would certainly stay again if the price was right, but I would like it to feel a little more friendly. I also felt the identity of what this hotel is trying to be is very confused!

Room Tip: From what I understand do not waste money on the upgraded room types.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My family stayed just for one night on a good B and B deal £89 for 4 of us.The ameneties are good the breakfast was excellent. we stayed for a meal at the Victory pub which was very good and decent value.If we are in the area again we would stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012

have stayed here several times but not always reviewed it so I thought I'd do an up date. good value for money, £65 for a double room with breakfast, staff always friendly and helpful and the food in the bar and at breakfast was very good. The rooms are dark and starting to look a bit tired with chipped furniture and stained carpets. Last time we'd paid £10 extra for a kingsize bed and bath but the bed was broken. The reason we visit so often is to use the gym and pool facilites then chill out with a drink and good food. The gym is huge with plenty of up to date equipment and the pool area also has a steam room and sauna. Good for one nights stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple