“You can get better accommodation elsewhere in leeds for the same price”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very disappointing. This is a friendless, unappealing hotel. Small rooms with the basic comforts for the price of £99.00 b&b. yes you get free parking, but that is where the appeal stops. I had an electric heater in my room, quite dangerous, room service was poor as was the food. Uncomfortable bed and noisy corridors. Unconcerned staff who does what the computer says. Will never return. There are lots of hotels in this city that offer better value and comfort.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen C
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Leeds South

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed at the vilage south quite a few times now and really enjoyed my visits.
The rooms have always been very clean, i booked online and payed £59 b&b for one stay and in a great jan deal payed £39 b&b inc eve meal for two so check their website for these offers.
The food in both the verve restaraunt and the victory pub are very good but in my experience the noise in the pub can be very loud at certain times with big tv screens showing football so if you are wanting a quiet eve this is best avoided.
The pool is lovely and clean as are the changing rooms sauna and steam rooms so its well worth a visit before you check out....staff are friendly but reception needs more of them.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms on the lower floors ie 1st and 2nd as in my opinion seemed of less standard howe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel- on a Friday evening it's usually buzzing, it's in a strange location off the M62 in a business park with nothing really nearby to walk to. The hotel is modern and the the rooms are spacious and modern in design- there is a pool and gym. The hotel has a Starbucks a bar and restaurant and regularly hosts tribute nights. Staff are always helpful. The hotel regularly has "deals" on it's website and mine and my friends deal was bed breakfast and 3 course meal for less than £40 each - a bargain! You would definitely benefit from having a car to stay here but certainly worth a visit and a great nights sleep

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right on the M62 and the M1 network.

At the hotel parking, this can be a problem as its part of a fitness centre which due to its excellent facilities is well attended. But you will find a spot.

The rooms are spacious and modern, all the facilities you need and free WIFI. Very clean.

Downstairs after a nice swim {don't forget your Speedo's} there is a very nice restaurant with a good selection of food.

If your looking for the night life your 10 minutes from the vibrant city of Leeds packed with Bars & restaurants, if shopings your thing your just five minutes from the White Rose centre which opens until late.

The breakfast is well cooked and certainly worth having.

All this from a nice hotel with its own Starbucks in the reception.

Definitely worth a stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed for one night on a flexible break rate. £74 inclusive of dinner, bed and breakfast. Overall I couldn't fault the hotel.
We asked for a quiet room as my daughter was competing at a swimming competition early in the morning and needed a good night's sleep. The hotel reception area was busy and noisy so when we were given a room on the first floor I had my doubts about how quiet it would be. I needn't have worried though, room 122 (twin) was very quiet. Once we shut the corridor door, all noise from downstairs was blocked out. The room was at the front of the hotel and over the restaurant. Other rooms at the front were over the pub and reception area which were both busy and noisy. I suspect rooms at the back would have some motorway noise. We had a quiet evening and weren't bothered by noise at all.
The evening meal was from the two dine for £29 menu and the food was excellent. My daughter is vegetarian and didn't fancy the veggie option which was spicy. Staff in the restaurant were really helpful and she was able to choose something off the main menu instead. The soft drinks that we had with the meal were reasonably priced for a hotel.
Breakfast was the usual buffet style, with plenty of choice and availability. My daughter had to be away before breakfast started, she had a continental room service breakfast at no extra cost. Again, it was excellent with a great choice of food provided.
We didn't use the leisure facilities on this occasion, so can't comment on them.
Check in and check out were both problem free and I left thinking that I would book a DeVere hotel again. In my opinion excellent value for money. We usually stay in a Travelodge or Premier Inn whilst at swimming competitions, but this actually worked out cheaper when you consider the evening meal and Breakfast. I would reccommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking the carpark and above the restaurant (not the pub!) were...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Myself and partner have recently stayed at this hotel (we have stayed 3 time overall) We love it! It has everything you could possibly want for a perfect, relaxing night away! It was a special occaision on this particular visit and we were lucky to be upgraded to a family room where there is abit more space and a bath as well as a shower. (Standard room only have a shower, which was never a problem for us) Both standard and family rooms that we have stayed in have been excellent, spotlessly clean very modern and very comfy! The Bar area is great with offers on drinks and fab food (Burgers are the best!) There are 4 large sofa's in the reception area which are great for chilling with your drinks. The leisure facilities are great with a large pool and whirlpool, sauna and steam room. Large changing facilities. On two of our visits we have chosen to dine in our room, we have had the 3 course meal for two for £29.99 brought up and enjoyed it whist relaxing watching TV. On the most recent visit we ate in the Verve Grill which was lovely, a nice atmosphere and great staff. On all 3 occasions the food has been excellent! Breakfast is always great, lots of choice and plenty! Overall we love this hotel for a relaxing night away, everything is under one roof and like I say there is the option of total relaxation and getting room service, if like me you are so relaxed you cannot be bothered to do your hair and makeup! This is also a family hotel and with a new baby on the way we have decided that we will keep up our nights at this hotel and bring the baby along too! Swimming and then a nice night in one of the family rooms! I would not hesitate to reccommend this hotel to anyone and have actually bought my sister and her partner a night away here too! Book This hotel for a relaxing, carefree stay and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

ok we went through deverve there site , got a good deal for two nights , first night we got 3 course dinner wat was excellent, service was great , meal lots of it ,, reception was great too we got straight in our rooms i was in first floor , 110 and sisters were in 102 so not far a way , i add wet room and a double bed a flat screen tele,, bed was very comfy , sun we add breki , 7-30 to 11 as much as u want breki , dont go too late though as u ave to queue , but still ok , on the sunday , we booked our carvery as it gets very busy , for 4-30 wat was great for us , as breki was big , the carvery oh my god a mazing , 5 course for 13-95 , pp , wen we book in we got abooklet with offers on so first round was free ,, money of meals wine , and spirts , after dinner we went in the pub at the end , do deals and food anda quiz night , wat wa fun we got bottle of hp brown sauce ,,,, winners got 50 quid , every one was great , staff work hard , and very nice swimming pool gym , jazcuzzi spa bikes u can use on the sat not a chance as locals come in but we went to rewind and we did met sum lovely people it was 10 mins from train station too 15 pounds going cause of football traffic , but going back was 8 pounds , defo going back , meals food drink brill , house wine on bar r 10 pounds .so buy from the wine list cause we add both and house was better, we got good deal of 106 per person , so two nights 3 course meal , and two brekis ,if we wanted to stay a extra night it would of been 59 extra a room ,, but defo look on village hotels for deals , theres a outside where u can smoke too , security man on at night ,defo ask for book of vouchers gives u money of drinks and meals and nex time u book ,

Room Tip: first floor , i was in 110 brill room with walk in wet rooom easy to use , theres no drawers but ple...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family