“Very good Stay!”

Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Very good Stay!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a friends daughters christening. It was very easy to find using a Sat Nav and was ideal for the M62. We stayed with our 1 year old twin daughters and found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely and lots of choice, and the food from the Italian restaurant and the bar was also very nice. The hotel room itself was good, I do think the family rooms could be bigger as when you have children (espcially twins) you need to bring a lot with you, the sheets/towels were clean but I felt that the room could have had a bit more of a dust as I did notice that quite a bit, plus there no complimentary toiletries (the first hotel I have ever stayed in not to have any)! the shelving behind the bed does need attention as it is looking very worn (room 404) apart from that we were very pleased with our stay and we would definately stay again if we could get a good deal on the price!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Chester
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Visited this hotel in May of this year with a hen party.

I found the hotel to be lovely and modern with plenty of facilities including nice bar and restaurant, great leisure facilities, starbucks and lovely function rooms

We attended a Dirty Dancing tribute night and must say what great value it was. I was very pleased with the service, room and overall staff were great.

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is odd location for hotel (off the M62) but I needed to be on the same office complex area, so the location was perfect. No problems with check-in or check-out. However for over £80, the rooms were a bit disappointing. The view is off the back of wall of another building, but if you were lucky like me and on the 2nd floor or higher, you may be treated to views of the M62. The room lighting is odd and dimly lit in the wrong place, particular the wardrobe area which is shrouded in darkness. So dark that the cleaner had missed a sock left the previous guest under table. The bathroom, thankfully, was brightly lit and clean, although the handwash soap was almost empty when I arrived. There is complimentary tea and coffee. The flat screen TV isn't the best quality and I had trouble connecting to the wifi.

I was also put off by the amount of promotional material in the room. When you arrive, one is wrapped around your pillow (!), another on the bed itself, and several others across the ledge above the bed.

On the plus sides, use of the gym and swimming pool were a nice perk. Breakfast was included which included a decent buffet selection. I visited the same restaurant on both evenings of my stay and was less impressed for dinner were the food took a long to arrive and service was slow and patchy.

Overall, I just felt there were too many little niggles and would have expected a bit more for my money what was touted on the glossy web-site.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel Tuesday 15th October for 1 night on business. I arrived at around 17:30 needing to complete some work, alas, I couldn't connect to the wifi. I contacted reception who were already looking into the problem. With nothing else to do, I booked in for a free gym class at 18:30, which was excellent. The gym and pool facilities look excellent. I returned to find the wifi up and running again.

I phoned room service and requested to place an order. I really struggled to get through to anyone, having to call 5 or 6 times as I kept being diverted to an answering machine. Eventually after about 20 mintues trying, I got through. I was told there was about an hour's wait, which was disappointing. I accepted this wait and attempted to order. As I am vegan, there was absolutely zero option on the menu, so I asked for the gnocchi without cheese (allergic to cheese). About 15 minutes later, I got a call to say the cheese was already mixed in the sauce! So asked for just plain pasta with tomato sauce and garlic bread. This came around 1 hour later and I was charged £15 for the pleasure, which I thought was quite vastly over inflated. It's a shame as this took the shine off this otherwise pretty good hotel.

Check out took a while as it seemed the two staff both had some rather 'difficult' customers at the counter. I would stay here again, but just remember to bring some food of my own! I know I could have gone to a restaurant but I dislike dining alone.

Room Tip: I had room 410, which was fine. Overlooked the motorway but zero noise from it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and the whole experience was first class. We arrived at peak time on Friday evening and checked in immediately. Our rooms were great, well equipped and maintained. The buffet breakfast was very good with sufficient choice and good quality. It gets very busy at breakfast and we had to wait a short while (5mins) to get a table but they have provisions for getting tea/coffee/juice and cereal whilst you wait which is something I haven't seen before. The facilities (pool) are superb. Very clean changing areas, lovely sized pool with spa pool, sauna and steam room. We didn't use the gym facilities but from what you could see from the pool they looked modern and well stocked. We didn't eat in the evening as we already had other arrangements. The staff we spoke to were all very friendly and you instantly got the feeling that nothing was too much trouble. To top it all off the location is fantastic as it right on the M62/M1 junction so you can be off on your travels in a matter of minutes. Would definitely use this hotel again and will be trying the other 'Village Hotels' dotted around. If I had to make any negative comments about this hotel I would have to say the rooms are a little dark...lots of low energy lights but not necessarily where you need them...was a bit of a guess getting things out of the wardrobe; also the stripy carpets/curtains are not the best of designs. Note these comments did not affect the stay in the slightest!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good clean room, nice atmosphere, staff friendly. However, air con didn't work in our room so we did almost melt from the heat and not sleep so well. We did also have a pretty lengthy wait for a table at breakfast. Average over all, but good for the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Derbyshire
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We used this hotel as a stop over for one night whilst visiting in the area.
Plus points:
Clean room.
Good parking.
Not so good:
Expensive (especially the bar).
Only wall mounted soap and shower gel dispensers (the latter was empty, and it is too late to call room service for a refill when already in the shower).
Poor lighting in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple