“Offers more than it delivers......”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Colne, United Kingdom
“Offers more than it delivers......”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Booked this hotel for a weekend away. Was disappointed. The room was small and DARK...walls painted purple with few lights, with energy saving bulbs. Could not read the display on the air conditioning without using the torch on my phone. Warm room,the air conditioning did not cut it,had to leave the window open, and enjoy the sounds of the M62. Very expensive bar. Two "victory burgers" a Stella and a JD and coke £30.....!!!!
That said, breakfast was excellent, the gym good, pool,dark, as was the steam room, but staff obliging and friendly.

Room Tip: Disappointed with the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday the 26th of October, as we had our evening wedding doo at a venue about 1 mile away, We booked a upper deck rate as we got a great discount due to having our eve wedding reception at woodkirk valley country club. The room was very spacious and very nicely decorated, when we arrived there was a bottle of wine and a box of chocs and a card courtesey of the hotel, lovely touch. My partner used the lesuire centre and pool which he said was very good, the victory bar was also a great atmosphere in the afternoon. Late check out which was excellent and breakfast was very good to soak up the previous nights alchol, all in all was a very pleasant stay would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The upper deck rooms are lovely and very plush
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have just stayed in this hotel for the night and it was great. The rooms were lovely and clean also very comfortable, we had our children with us so we had 2x rooms with connecting doors. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The facility's were also very good I.e the leisure side of it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I hate to say this but my last stay at this hotel left me very Disappointed. I have visited the hotel on many occasions and have always loved it (My last review, I raved about it and have actally sent family members here as gifts) When my sister and her partner stayed as part of their christmas prezzie I was disappointed to here that the food was not very good and that they were shown to a dirty table at breakfast. I put this down to personal choice and maybe a bad, busy day by the staff. Unfortunatly when I visited with my partner two weeks later I found that the food had seriously gone down hill. The usual restaurant, the Verve Grill had been turned into an Italian. The last three times wehave stayed at the hotel we have dined from the "2 dine for £29' menu in our room and just paid the tray charge. When my sister visited she said that hotel would not allow this. When we arrived I asked at reception if it would be (as it has every time we have stayed) and were told that we could not do this and that they had never allowed it! I could not beleive my ears, also the man that the receptionist spoke to, to ask if it was ok did not even acknowledge us as we were trying to say that we had done it before, We decided that we were fighting a losing battle and headed for our room. As it was a special occaison we had decided to treat ourselves to an upperdeck double. Don't waste your money. Yes the sky movie package and docking station are a nice touch but not worth the extra. The room did not appear much bigger from ones we have had previously and the bed felt no different. The biggest disappointment for me was that the Star Bucks beverages which are strongly advertised are just sachets. Nothing spectacular. We ordered off the Italian menu and had the food brought to our room as usual, the pizzas were the worst I have tasted, no taste at all. Then my cheeseboard was a total let down, 4 tiny slithers of cheese and instead of chutney(which is what it is served with on the menu) I was given a ramakin of honey!? Awful food. The next day at breakfast, we too were shown to a dirty table and were not offered tea or coffee. We had to hunt a member of staff down for coffee and cutlery. Unaccepable. It is a shame as the overall rooms and the leisure facilities at this hotel are great however the new restaurant has really let it down. The fact that we have been regular customers to this hotel but for the reasons above we will not return is very sad. If you do visit the hotel please eat at the victory pub as the food there is delicious however a lottle over priced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My son picked this hotel for his wedding and ok i wasnt convinced when they booked it .
The wedding room was lovely but badly supervised there were times we were left standing around wondering what to do , however the 1 thing that made up for that was the food that was served .. to say we ended up two stone heavier would be an understatement the portions were fantastic and of good quality .the staff were attentive and polite and worked hard to accommodate our needs.
The family stayed overnight mostly taking up the top floor , the beds were clean and the rooms well kept , we didnt hear any noise from the disco that went on till 1.30 .
The breakfast was a buffet style everything from a full english breakfast to fresh fruit and pastries all of excellent standards . our stay was brilliant we would love to return again .

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good and very busy facility. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It wasn't easy to find initially & a signpost from the M62 would be helpful. The restaurant provided good food but more staff would be better during the very busy evenings

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a friends daughters christening. It was very easy to find using a Sat Nav and was ideal for the M62. We stayed with our 1 year old twin daughters and found all the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely and lots of choice, and the food from the Italian restaurant and the bar was also very nice. The hotel room itself was good, I do think the family rooms could be bigger as when you have children (espcially twins) you need to bring a lot with you, the sheets/towels were clean but I felt that the room could have had a bit more of a dust as I did notice that quite a bit, plus there no complimentary toiletries (the first hotel I have ever stayed in not to have any)! the shelving behind the bed does need attention as it is looking very worn (room 404) apart from that we were very pleased with our stay and we would definately stay again if we could get a good deal on the price!