“Superb hotel for gym and swim short stay”

Village Hotel Leeds South
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A modern, well equipped large purpose-built hotel just off the M62 at Morley, The Village Hotel Leeds South was the perfect place for our one night stay this weekend.

The massive gym is excellent, one could easily spend hours in there, coupled with a great pool area with sauna, steamrooms and hot tub.

Our room (standard double not the "upper deck" was extremely comfortable and luxuriously appointed throughout. Great bed, and an awesome bathroom.

Didn't find the room too dark at all as other reviewers have complained, the wardrobe however was lacking a light.

To echo a few commonly raised negative points, there is too much advertising in the room, for either the upper deck rooms or their italian restaurant downstairs - give it a break!

We ate in the Italian Vito & Vinnys, and their "2 dine for £29" menu was a good offer. Staff are encouraged to be on the hard sell of extras though, breads, desserts, bottled water instead of tap etc.

B&B rate was only £10 more than room only, and breakfast was well worth it, seems plenty of guests take it up though, think it's extremely busy at times. Good hot breakfast options, plus plenty of fruit, cereals etc.

Would stay again and recommend to others, would be happy to stay in any other De Vere Village hotels too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,303)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay, the rooms were comfortable and adequate for our one night stay. the location is ideal for motorways and easy to get to. We didn't have time to use the leisure facilities but they looked clean and friendly. Price was good, overall a great find and will use again

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SOPHMORGS
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Booked this hotel for a weekend away. Was disappointed. The room was small and DARK...walls painted purple with few lights, with energy saving bulbs. Could not read the display on the air conditioning without using the torch on my phone. Warm room,the air conditioning did not cut it,had to leave the window open, and enjoy the sounds of the M62. Very expensive bar. Two "victory burgers" a Stella and a JD and coke £30.....!!!!
That said, breakfast was excellent, the gym good, pool,dark, as was the steam room, but staff obliging and friendly.

Room Tip: Disappointed with the room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday the 26th of October, as we had our evening wedding doo at a venue about 1 mile away, We booked a upper deck rate as we got a great discount due to having our eve wedding reception at woodkirk valley country club. The room was very spacious and very nicely decorated, when we arrived there was a bottle of wine and a box of chocs and a card courtesey of the hotel, lovely touch. My partner used the lesuire centre and pool which he said was very good, the victory bar was also a great atmosphere in the afternoon. Late check out which was excellent and breakfast was very good to soak up the previous nights alchol, all in all was a very pleasant stay would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The upper deck rooms are lovely and very plush
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have just stayed in this hotel for the night and it was great. The rooms were lovely and clean also very comfortable, we had our children with us so we had 2x rooms with connecting doors. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The facility's were also very good I.e the leisure side of it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I hate to say this but my last stay at this hotel left me very Disappointed. I have visited the hotel on many occasions and have always loved it (My last review, I raved about it and have actally sent family members here as gifts) When my sister and her partner stayed as part of their christmas prezzie I was disappointed to here that the food was not very good and that they were shown to a dirty table at breakfast. I put this down to personal choice and maybe a bad, busy day by the staff. Unfortunatly when I visited with my partner two weeks later I found that the food had seriously gone down hill. The usual restaurant, the Verve Grill had been turned into an Italian. The last three times wehave stayed at the hotel we have dined from the "2 dine for £29' menu in our room and just paid the tray charge. When my sister visited she said that hotel would not allow this. When we arrived I asked at reception if it would be (as it has every time we have stayed) and were told that we could not do this and that they had never allowed it! I could not beleive my ears, also the man that the receptionist spoke to, to ask if it was ok did not even acknowledge us as we were trying to say that we had done it before, We decided that we were fighting a losing battle and headed for our room. As it was a special occaison we had decided to treat ourselves to an upperdeck double. Don't waste your money. Yes the sky movie package and docking station are a nice touch but not worth the extra. The room did not appear much bigger from ones we have had previously and the bed felt no different. The biggest disappointment for me was that the Star Bucks beverages which are strongly advertised are just sachets. Nothing spectacular. We ordered off the Italian menu and had the food brought to our room as usual, the pizzas were the worst I have tasted, no taste at all. Then my cheeseboard was a total let down, 4 tiny slithers of cheese and instead of chutney(which is what it is served with on the menu) I was given a ramakin of honey!? Awful food. The next day at breakfast, we too were shown to a dirty table and were not offered tea or coffee. We had to hunt a member of staff down for coffee and cutlery. Unaccepable. It is a shame as the overall rooms and the leisure facilities at this hotel are great however the new restaurant has really let it down. The fact that we have been regular customers to this hotel but for the reasons above we will not return is very sad. If you do visit the hotel please eat at the victory pub as the food there is delicious however a lottle over priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My son picked this hotel for his wedding and ok i wasnt convinced when they booked it .
The wedding room was lovely but badly supervised there were times we were left standing around wondering what to do , however the 1 thing that made up for that was the food that was served .. to say we ended up two stone heavier would be an understatement the portions were fantastic and of good quality .the staff were attentive and polite and worked hard to accommodate our needs.
The family stayed overnight mostly taking up the top floor , the beds were clean and the rooms well kept , we didnt hear any noise from the disco that went on till 1.30 .
The breakfast was a buffet style everything from a full english breakfast to fresh fruit and pastries all of excellent standards . our stay was brilliant we would love to return again .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family