“good vibes”

Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“good vibes”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this out of town hotel for 1 night and was pleasently surprised, it was much better than I had expected. A mixture of styles-new and contemporary but with big comfy sofas and low lighting. The rooms were a bit on the small side but looked great and had all you needed for a short stay. The walk in shower and the very clean bathroom was excellent.I was very impressed by the pool, sauna,hot tub and steam room. All were much larger than I had expected and although busy with lots of children, there was plenty of room for swiming without being splashed etc;I liked the lockers activivated by your room key-much easier than cash.The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful.At Breakfast the hot food was hot and the fresh fruit was fresh.with plenty of choice . I was there for a private dinner and I must say the food was very good and the service excellent, also a bonus in a big hotel.
A hotel worth visiting again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such as nice review. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay and had chance to experience many of our facilities. Our pool is very large and does give us the space to carry out a variety of activites. Your comments have been shared with our staff who always love to hear such great feedback such as yours. I hope you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited this hotel as part of a group attending a reunion dinner evening and slept in a standard double room on the 2nd floor. From check-in to check-out the experience was very good. Parking was easy with loads of space. At reception were were greeted immediately, our booking identified and within 2 minutes we were on our way to our room. The room was of a good size, pleasing decor and lighting with large comfortable supportive bed. Everything suggested quality. Best of all was the bathroom with large walk in shower. As we were hot and bothered from our drive we decided to try the leisure facilities. That was where I got my biggest surprise. What was on offer would have done credit to any local authority with it's large pool, hot tub, whirlpool, sauna and steam room all immaculately clean and of very best quality. There was also a large gym and good opening hours so that with only one night's stay we could use both on arrival and departure day. The room allocated for our dinner was of a good size with windows. The food was excellent and plentiful not usual for mass catering. Breakfast the next day was equally good. Staff were attentive and helpful. If I had to find quibbles I would say that the edges of the bedside shelves in room 216 are chipped and worn and could do with a coat of varnish. Also I saw a small 10 p sized mark on the carpet. The motorway is very close but there is adequate glazing so we were not disturbed. I would certainly go again.

Room Tip: Don't bother with an upgrade when standard is so good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gunnewichtb
Thank you for your nice comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and have shared your lovely feedback with all our staff. We are very proud of our extensive leisure facilities and I am very pleased you had chance to experience them and found them so appealing. We are currently looking into some refurbishment work in our room to tidy them up a little. We look forward to welcoming you back to Village South Leeds in the very near future.
manchester
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights Friday and Saturday on b and b rate. Welcoming receptionist, quick easy check in.

Nice quiet room 3rd floor. Unusually for a hotel room it was dark no visible light throw the windows.

Breakfast was busy but the staff were attentive, very good quality, nice choice.

Went into Leeds via train. The hotel was busy with weddings each night we were there but plenty of parking.

The locals use the bar grea amtosphere on the Saturday night England game busy but no issues at all. Worth the visit would stay again.

Room Tip: High rooms are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjhbmc
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted to hear you had a good time with us and enjoyed our breakfast. I have shared your comments with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Village South Leeds very soon.
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Came here with the boyfriend for a friends civil partnership wedding so we there all day - service - sit down meal (champagne breakfast) and the evening function.

We also had a mutual friend there who was proving the evening's entertainment by providing a drag act so we were helping him a little with getting ready, carrying some his kit for him & the staff could not have been more helpful - been out to get a few drinks whilst he got ready (reception staff didn't mind & provided a bucket of ice and glasses for our drinks) and also provided a fan for my friends room as it was stiflingly warm as he was getting ready/doing stage make up & nothing was too much trouble at all! (I was impressed!)

At the evening function, bar staff were friendly, bar wasn't over priced as you'd probably image for a fitness spa/hotel place like this and what I thought was even better is they had a separate bar in the hotel for the England fans/other patrons so they weren't using the same bar as us and visa verse so it kept the function separate and private which I'm sure my friend that was getting married would have appreciated (as I know I would've had it been my special day)

Over all pleasantly surprised and impressed - will have no hesitation in going back to eat in the restaurant or use the other facilities

Room Tip: Look on the website & look at the pictures of the rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to read your wonderful comments and see you had such a great time with us. I have shared these with our team who are always delighted to recieve such feedback. I hope you do get the chance to return in the near future to sample our other facilities.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have just spent my first of a two night stay. I stayed in this hotel a while back and vowed never again, due to constant road noise, against my better judgment I booked it again as it is close to my office, I booked a "quiet" room but this was just as bad as before, if you like sleeping on the fast lane of a motorway this is the place for you! Apart from that the wifi is poor and the Bose speaker dock didn't work, food in the restaurant pretty good although took ages to arrive, despite the being room pretty good I will not be returning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon B
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was fortunate to have been put up in this fantastic hotel whilst attending a course. This place is absolutely fantastic! The staff everywhere are the most polite front of house staff I have ever dealt with! Everybody says good morning or how are you, whether they are on the reception desk, they are a cleaner, whether they are your food service or in the gym.
The standard rooms come with a great comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities free of charge, and iron and ironing board, iPod Dock and complementary bathroom products.
The room itself was very modern, roomy and incredibly comfortable
The facilities on hand whilst staying I.e the gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were meticulous. Always clean and always in such a great condition. All very modern and more importantly, working!
The breakfast each day was fantastic, with continental and cooked breakfast on offer with cereals.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I was in the area, absolutely amazing! Credit to yourselves!

Room Tip: They offer a room upgrade but even the standard double is more than enough if your just after bed an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
telford
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

What a blast we had the staff are fantastic you want for nothing this was our 2nd visit and it was the same as the first, Breakfast is amazing the ambience in the areas is fantastic I just love this hotel 150% amazing

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends