“Ok”

Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ok”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1night, check in really vague, no breakfast times given or check out time confirmed , had to go back to reception later to ask. Leisure facilities pointed out that quickly while checking in I didnt really catch what the young male staff member actually said. Didnt feel personal , just went through motions. Room ok, lighting not really good though. Tea facilities - no plug near it so you have to put the kettle on bedside cabinet - not good. We did enjoy our dinner in the restaurent (inclusive menu in room deal) & wine prices were ok. Breakfast was really enjoyable but no plates were cleared from our table.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynne42_12
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I must start by apologising that we got off to a bad start with you check in experience. We take all feedback on board and have put actions in place to re-train our team. Its great to hear you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, we have recently put in a new menu. I really hope you do give us another chance as we would like to welcome you back to Village South very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews on here but I feel as though people should know about the wonderful customer service that my partner and myself received from this hotel.

We were greeted on reception my a younger girl that was really helpful and friendly. She explained what restaurants were in Leeds and what cocktail bars we must visit. Useful to us as we do not know the area. She mentioned upgrading to better room with sky and a king size bed...which we did and we were very pleased we did!

The room was spacious.. Bed very comfortable, shower good (however there was a leek) enough storage and lighting!

Wonderful gym facilities!

Breakfast was delicious... Vast options and two friendly waitresses.

The bar was busy... We were going to eat there but it was just to busy and loud. But we went back for a drink later and it was good, friendly staff.

My partner left his jacket in our room and realised about 2 weeks after we visited this hotel. He phoned and they were helpful and said they'd send it back to him free of charge.

Overall brilliant hotel to stay in!! Would definitely go back if we visited the area again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. Its great to hear you had such a good time with us and had the opportunity to experience out lovely Upper Deck bedrooms and fantastic leisure facilites. Your comments have been shared with our staff who are always delighted to hear our guests have had a good time. Im glad to hear we got your husbands jacket back to you. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back very soon!
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I don't think I've had one complaint while I've stayed here, it was just perfect. The 'standard room' had a flat screen, double bed which was super comfy, a large wardrobe, docking station, multiple plugs, fabulous lighting, and the bathroom was just wow. I never wanted to leave the shower it was so relaxing and the right temperature. They cleaned the room thoroughly and the complimentary soaps smelled delish. Since it was our two year anniversary together as we arrived they put a large flower petal heart on the bed and a card! It was so lovely. The restaurant within the hotel had the best food I've ever eaten in my life, even my fussy boyfriend (literally eats pizza and chicken) polished off three courses, as we done the 'early bird deal' it was a set menu of three courses for £12.95 bearing in mind main meals alone ranged £9-25.i recommend you try the garlic bread if you're super hungry as it came on a board as long as the table. Fab. The staff were lovely and very sweet giving us a free glass of champagne also for our anniversary. Breakfast in the restaurant was also a mouthful to look forward to as it was a buffet and had so much to choose from I suggest you take advantage of the gym and swimming pool after the food as you won't want to stop eating it's that good! Once we finished our meal we didn't gave to go far for a drink as there is also a bar just across the reception, who do food too if you're a fan of pub grub. Prices ranged good, and if you have a hangover from the good priced ale, there's a Starbucks in reception too! Brilliant. The sauna/jacuzzi/steam room and pool I loved every second of, clean and large, so everyone has a chance to have a go. If you bring children, about a 20 minute drive away is a site for paintballing (over 12) and lazer tag any age. The paintballing was great. As it was me and my boyfriend only we had to join another group who came but they made us feel so welcome and the staff made us fit right in, they were absolutely brilliant. All in all thus stay was perfect and I never wanted to leave, you won't get any better for your money trust me! Happy girl:)

• Stayed August 2014
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Its lovely to hear you had such a great time with us and had the opportunity to experience just about all we have to offer. As you say, there really is something one offer for everyone. Your comments have been shared with our team who are always delighted to hear we have made someone special occasion as good as possible and really exceeded expectations. I really do hope you visit us again!!
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed two nights here. The room was comfortable but being on the third floor at the end of the hotel the WiFi signal was too weak for my Mini iPad.
The breakfast was excellent but on both nights at dinner two of the eight desert choices were off (crumble and cheesecake). In addition I had to ask for a spoon to eat my soup and another spoon (same day) to eat my curry. The food was served quickly and was good as was the drinks service.
The pub was a bit loud for me so I sat in the entrance area with my drink.

Room Tip: There is only one lift serving 29 rooms on four floors so there can be a wait for the lift. Conside...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry to hear we didnt get things quite right in our Restaurnant during your recent stay. I have passed your feedback onto our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef who will look into the issues and address this with their teams. it is only thru feedback such as yours we can look to improve our service. I really do hope you will give us another try and let us show you it was just a one off.
Vowchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed Friday and Saturday night, busy hotel and car park, comfy beds, nice rooms. Excellent buffet breakfast. Air con in room not working, not a problem as hurricane bertha kept us cool.
Room on 2nd floor was very quiet although motorway side.
Carpets in public areas are stained and need a thorough clean, rooms would benefit from a deep clean too.

Room Tip: Car park side is quietest. First floor has noise from public facilities on ground floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Helen T, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Its lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have just invested in an industrial carpet cleaner and are currently in the process of cleaning all areas. The comments about the room have been passed onto our Housekeeping team, it is only thru feedback such as this that we are able to improve. We really do hope to see you again at Village South Leeds in the near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel I was amazed! From the outside the building is a beautiful piece of engineering. Above the front door the words ''welcome to more...'' are inscribed. This is definitely the truth when you walk through the door. The hotel has a wide range of food and drink options in which I just had to use them all and couldn't find any at fault. The Receptionists were extremely friendly and with it being by first business trip away they were genuine and made me feel so relaxed and that I had stayed at the hotel before. I am definitely looking forward to visiting Leeds and the hotel again. I woke up early (and I am glad I did) to explore the gym, I was amazed with how professional the staff are and what an amazing range of choices they have to offer (far from your usual hotel gym).

Thank you so much to everyone and I will be back soon!

Paul

Room Tip: I stayed in an Upper Deck room and this was amazing!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Paul for leaving us such a great review. We really do have a wide range of facilities to offer and its good to hear you managed to sample them all. Your comments have been shared with the staff. Both the Reception and Leisure Team were delighted to hear you had had such a good stay. I really do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again - we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Husband & I only stayed for one night, however we managed to upgrade to what they call and upperdeck room which was very luxurious, I had made a request for feather pillows and they were there on the bed for our arrival.
The bathroom products were all aromatherapy and smelt wonderful,the shower and bathroom were all very clean.
In the evening we ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice and quite reasonably priced!
All in all a very nice place to stay--however my husband and I prefer places of more character but for younger people it's wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda W
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback. Its great to hear you had the chance to experience one of our Upper Deck rooms, they really do add that little bit of luxury to your stay. I have passed your comments to our Chef and restaurant team about your restaurant experience, the staff love to hear our guests have had a good time and enjoyed the food.