“Nice hotel built from several houses in a terrace in central Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The New Ellington

The New Ellington
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel built from several houses in a terrace in central Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a pleasant hotel seemingly constructed from several red-brick houses in a terrace in central Leeds. Good food. Nice bars. Nice decor. A refreshing change from the usual chain hotel. A slight disadvantage is having to trust your car to valet parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John L
TheNewEllington, General Manager at The New Ellington, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear HonestJohnBangkok,

Thank you for taking the time to share with Trip Advisors users your positive experience with us during your recent stay in Leeds.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our excellent food and beverage offering, as well as the unusual décor that differs us from other hotel brands.

In regards to your comments concerning valet parking this is not our usual standard and was something arranged by the company who invited you to their launch event.

If you are ever staying in Leeds again please let me know, and I will arrange the booking personally.

Warm Regards

Stuart Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was presented well but the service and dining experience (breakfast) was terrible. although the bedroom was nice, there was an empty fridge and no water available. after complaining about the breakfast we were told to leave our email address and the manager will contact us personally! (why couldn't they just refund us?) In my opinion this is not a four star hotel! it may appeal to the eye but the standards are very basic. it's not all about the look it's also about the presentation .

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracey K
TheNewEllington, General Manager at The New Ellington, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Tracey K,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with, as much as we value feedback from our guests, it does have to be placed in the actual context of your stay. I understand from the team on duty that we accommodated your requests throughout your stay and prior to your arrival so I am unsure why you feel it was basic service.

I have e-mailed your party who stayed with us concerning breakfast and after speaking with other guests who enjoyed theirs coupled with testing the items myself, all I can assume it is more personal taste that you didn’t enjoy our freshly made food which is sourced from the highest quality local suppliers. I am also a little perplexed if the breakfast was so bad that your party ate all of it.

I am of course sorry that you will not be returning to the hotel and should you change your mind please let me know and I can make the arrangements personally.

Best Wishes

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Not worth the money. Poor amateur service, the guy running the bar, also reception couldn't find the key to open up? Advertised as coffee machine in every room you would of thought there would be the coffee pods to go with it and the water was still in the machine from the previous guest. Shabby decor, not a real kingsize bed, 2 beds pushed together, not even bottled water in the room. The glasses on the drinks cabinet were extremely dusty like they had never been touched, mini bar? Only one small carton of milk which would be given at milk time in a primary school. Not worth the money, extremely disappointing, I would not re comment this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Michael S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience, it is difficult to comment as we don’t know when you stayed with us, however I have checked the guest feedback for the last six weeks and there has not been anything mentioned like you have commented on.

I am not sure why you would think that we had two beds pushed together unless you have reserved a twin and moved the beds yourself.

The coffee pods are located in the draw under the machine and our housekeeping team fill the coffee machines with water daily for our guest’s.

We do provide fresh milk in our all rooms and this is a ¼ pint if you do require more than this can be requested as detailed in our Room Directory.

If you would like to provide me with details when you stayed and can look into this personally for you.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Modern, boutique-style hotel. Well decorated and furnished. The room was very luxurious and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Very friendly staff. Quite difficult to find - tucked away from the main road, but this means it's nice and quiet. Still only 5 minutes from the train station. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Love_Sea_And_Ski
Dear Love_Sea_and_Ski,

It is always a pleasure to read comments from our guests who have truly enjoyed their experience and thank you for taking the time to share this with Trip Advisor readers.

The team were delighted that you found them friendly and they hope they have the opportunity in the future to look after you again.

Should this be the case please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make the reservation personally.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Was in Leeds on business and stayed here for a couple of nights. Refined, great interiors, good sized rooms and comfy beds. The breakfast was probably one of the best I've had in hotels - strongly recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Centrally located too, about 5 minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bivlar
Dear bivlar,

Thank you for kind comments concerning all aspects of your stay it was a pleasure in-particularly to read your comments concerning your breakfast and I have shared this with our breakfast chef.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and should this be the case please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make the reservation personally.

Surrey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for a mature Hen Weekend. We had a private dining room for a wonderful dinner. The staff were extremely helpful throughout the weekend.
The only slight negative was that some rooms were not cleaned until very late in the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cinn52
Dear Cinn52,

It was pleasure to look after you all on your Hen Weekend and it was a pleasure to serve you all in our private dining room.

Please accept my apologies if you felt the rooms weren’t serviced earlier in the day but after speaking with Housekeeping we thought you still in your room’s midday not shopping as we discovered.

I do hope you have a special wedding day and if you do considering returning in the future please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make the reservation personally.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had the pleasure of holding my birthday celebrations at The New Ellington back in February. We hired one of their private rooms and arranged a fixed menu for a small party. It was a fantastic evening and the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. The food was delicious and the cocktails were lovely too. I would highly recommend this hotel to those looking to hold a celebration or party in a small, intimate environment!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank FPaynter
Dear FPaynter,

Thank you for sharing your experience and it was delighted that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations.

The team and I remember looking after you and were extremely pleased that you had a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back for future celebrations!