“Really impressed with the service”

and 1 more site!
KSpace Waterloo Court Apartments
Ranked #3 of 25 Speciality Lodging in Leeds
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Really impressed with the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I was a bit dubious about staying in a serviced apartment rather than in a hotel but this place was recommended (and to be fair I was offered very attractive rates) so I gave it a go. It was a little tricky to find (though a central location) but the duty manager 'talked me in' to the car park and met me on arrival so no probs. The apartment was far better than I'd expected - spacious, well equipped and well proportioned, lovely and clean. I was only staying overnight but I can imagine that long stay people (apparently a lot of guests are here for block bookings) would be able to make this into a very comfortable home from home. I arrived quite late but had had time to stop off to pick up some food from a store which I cooked up in the apartment - really enjoyed not having to bother about hotel restaurants/room service when I arrived. I didn't need any attention once I'd arrived and settled in but I was very impressed with the duty manager taking the time to make sure I understood how everything worked and would have felt comfortable phoning her afterwards if I'd been stuck with anything or just wanted advice on going out in Leeds etc.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

Having stayed in the KSpace apartments situated at Waterloo court whilst on buisness in the area, I can safely say I have never been happier away from home. After a friendly greeting, and a clear tour of what the apartment and local area has to offer, I felt more than comfortable staying for weeks, never mind only a few days-to be honest I wanted to stay longer! As a keen cook I found all the equipment I would need, and even a dishwasher-bonus! Wouldnt hesitate in staying with KSpace again, Loads more flexibility and freedom than I ever got with a hotel. I'm trying out the Sheffield Sharrow point apartments next week, and I can't wait!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

Me and my partner were going to visit some friends in Leeds and wanted somewhere to stay for the weekend that would feel more like a temporary home, somewhere that we wouldn't feel rushed to get out of in the morning, with lots of space and a place to cook and boy did we make the right choice!
The decor was modern and clean, we had everything we needed from a washing machine to pots and pans. The location was spot on... we couldn't have asked for more.
I would definatley recommend this to anyone wanting to go for just social visit or on busniess. It was lovely to not have the stresses that come with a hotel. I really don't think that there's any going back for me now. Serviced apartments are the way to go, and k space ticked all the boxes!!!!!1

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Isle of Man
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Stayed for a week and a half over Xmas to be near to relatives, but not too near (!), and staying in an apartment is a great option over a hotel - particularly during this time. The benefit of a bit extra space and a kitchenette / lounge cannot be underestimated.

Booking was simple and the process to getting into the flat well co-ordinated. The apartments are not easy to find if you're not familiar with the area - but that's as much down to the complexities of the Leeds road system rather than anything. Keep heading for Jury's Inn and you can't go far wrong - and much easier to approach from the south (M621) rather than Leeds proper - the latter you end up in the "Inner City Loop" - this must have been designed by a town planner with an axe to grind on any visitor!

Situation is good - very central - and the Tetley Brewery is great to watch - can be noisy though and works 24/7. Excellent pub adjacent (The Adelphi) with lots of cosy rooms and great beer / cider. Little posh version Spar type shop in Dock Street handy. It's about 1/2 mile to town proper, colourful walk as this is Gay Village area, and much of the nightlife is further through the centre north of the station.

Booked a "Penthouse Apartment" and it made a great difference been at the top of the block, with good views and a decent sized balcony. Cost about £100 a night. There is a lift and you need the key fob to get through gates etc - fine, but this would restrict if two couples shared the flat, as only one provided.

The set up was a lounge/dinner/kitchen - fairly compact and appeared smaller than pictures on the K-Space web site. Two bedrooms, one en-suite and a family bathroom. Free high speed internet.

On the face furnishings good, but closer look and carpets very badly stained (there was a rug down hiding most of the stains), many of the bedside cupboards broken, one of which was placed to hide an 8 inch square patch of plaster missing off the wall. There were many knocks and bumps evident and quite a few cracks in plaster. Carpets desperately need replacing. There was an overpowering cabbage smell from time to time - this was due to the outlet for the washer/dryer drying out and u-bend not being effective. Cured by running washing machine a couple of times a day empty. About a quarter of the lights did not work - some due to bulbs out, some faulty electrics.

It's clear an inventory is not taken between guests - kitchen lacked many basics - from tin opener to baking trays, and odd assortment of glasses. Oven not cleaned and the apartment as a whole had not been cleaned adequately. As staying more than a couple of days we did clean ourselves - think this may have been noticed as midweek clean was better - at least floors had been mopped.

This does sound a bit whinging - one or two issues you overlook - this many suggests that the staff looking after are been stretched too far, and that the flats are been flogged to get the best return possible without hotel (or even personal) level cleaning and maintenance.

In summary - great location, great concept - but there are many other apartment companies in Leeds and I will look to these next visit (the Residence looks very up-market, and a new Roomzzz is just round the corner). At the moment a bit of money needs spending on K-Space, they are getting tired, though look fair if no alternative.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2008

We normally stay at the Malmaison in Leeds but we were staying for 4 days this time so looked at an apartment instead, which turned out to be a great choice as it was half the price and 3 times the size!

The booking experience and welcome orientation was brilliant. Great guy that showed us around and helped us find the place as it is quite tricky. Yes it overlooks Tetley’s Brewery but we found that quite fun. It’s like Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory all lit up at night.

Not too far to walk to the city centre and secure well priced parking.

Lovely big balcony which would be great in the summer.

The only real downside was the hot water. We were practically putting the immersion on every hour to make sure we had enough for doing the dishes and having baths.

If I was staying for more than one night in Leeds I would come back here. It gives you so much more freedom than staying in a hotel. It was even better than I thought and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

Downsides;
Lack of hot water
Some tea towels would be handy
Ran out of tea bags
Would have expected Sky TV and Idock

• Liked — great space
  • Disliked — lack of hot water
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2008

Very happy with the standard of accomodation here. The apartment was clean, bright and modern.

Very close to centre of Leeds (5 mins walk) and had free wifi too which is essential when working away from home.

Good customer service too, the team are very responsive...

Would happily stay there again.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank bensporty
Herefordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

Booked with Kspace last minute they only had a studio apartment left, it was excellent value for money. Location 5 minutes walk max to shopping and nightlife. We were met by Kspace representative who showed us to our studio apartment – We had secure parking under apartment building, stairs/lift and corridors to apartment bit tatty so we were thinking oh no what have we booked. When the Kspace rep opened the door to our apartment we were more than happy, it was modern, very Ikea, with double bed, flat screen tv, small sofa, small table and chairs area, kitchenette, with toaster, hob, microwave, fridge etc and shower room. We were provided with individual breakfast cereals, coffee, tea, milk, sugar, bread. Towels, soaps etc If you are up for a laugh the bird cage club (very cheesy) with drag/cabaret acts was hilarious

• Liked — More Personal Than Just A Hotel Room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)