“Suprise 30th party for hubby”
Review of The Roast Cafe - CLOSED

The Roast Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Suprise 30th party for hubby”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I held a surprise birthday bash for my husband at The Roast Café last Saturday night. From the word 'go' the staff at The Roast were fantastic. Very helpful in helping me finalise all the details, and to keep it a surprise until actually walking through the doors.

There were around 60-70 guests, and although not a large venue, there was plenty of room for seating and the dance floor.

we had a lovely finger buffet which was excellent value for money. The DJ also played whatever music we wanted (I emailed a list before hand), as well as taking requests on the night.
The staff on the night were great, taking great care of my husband and myself, and even giving us a few delightful free drinks!

The range of drinks on offer was also great, even had a lager that myself and my husband love, that is not really on offer in many places - Birra Moretti
There was a quieter 'comfy seating' area at the opposite end of the bar from the DJ, which a few of the older generations (and the younger ones!) were very grateful for!

I would highly recommend this place to anybody wanting a party venue. the venue is closed to the public on a Saturday, especially for private parties - which is even better!

I would like to say a massive thanks to everyone at The Roast, for making it such a memorable night!!

1 Thank Kirsty H

“Works New Year Party”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a post Christmas party for 55 people. We wanted an informal meal with drinks and DJ included. We had £30 per head which meant we got a sandwhich and roast potatos (very simple but very tasty) a DJ (played whatever you wanted) and 5 drinks (bargin!). The staff were very helpful and friendly, pretty much remembering everyone's drinks whenever they went back for more. The venue was in a great location, just the right size and a nice cosey but a stylish feel. Nobody has told me that they didn't have a good night, everyone thought it was a great night, fab food, friendly staff and a lovley venue.

1 Thank Sarah J
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not sure I'd return in a hurry”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We used to love going to The Roast, but now every time we go we are greeted with the same miserable staff telling us that they're closed.
No customer service skills!! I'm wondering if the ownership has changed, there's a totally different feel & looks very run down!!

3 Thank lucy27lidd
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Society Christmas Dinner & Party”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We rented out the venue for a Christmas dinner for 40 with an after party for over 100. The staff were excellent at accommodating to our needs and were helpful and transparent with questions and queries. The service on the night itself was excellent and well timed. Our only complaint would be regarding the food, which was not really worth the £20 per head, but still quite enjoyable.
Was overall very impressed at the quality of service and organisation, would have an event here again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Siobhan393
London, United Kingdom
“NYE Party”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A great venue for a private party. Perfectly secluded, just by the riverside. The staff where great and made sure the party ran smoothly. We had 40 for dinner, food was good and even offered seconds here and there.

Tables where quickly moved to create a dance floor and the party began. Drinks where fairly priced and service was quick and friendly, any problems or queries where quickly taken care of by the manager Emma.
However we did run out Jack Daniels but probably not the staffs fault!

Overall everything went great, and all guests where very happy.

• Visited December 2013