“Consistently amazing”
Review of Heaney and Mill

Heaney and Mill
Ranked #247 of 2,231 Restaurants in Leeds
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to Heaney and Mill many times now, for casual brunches with friends to birthday dinners with family.... every single time has been such a wonderful experience.

The staff are always so warm, efficient and accommodating. The atmosphere and decor is subtle but very inviting, definitely try get a table outdoors on a sunny day! The menus (both food and drinks) are engaging, concise and unique whilst still having something to please everyone's taste buds. The food itself is simply delicious. Top quality ingredients cooked to perfection, plentiful and full of flavour. Honestly can't fault it!

If you want a non pretentious but top quality meal, I highly recommend you try Heaney and Mill.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tempted by the set menu early evening deal I went here for my birthday; the wonderful main menu distracted me totally tho and we struggled to make a decision as all sounded / looked marvellous . I must say , excellent food, venue , prices . The almond panacotta with apricot and salted caramel ice cream is the BEST pudding I’ve ever eaten - brill and squid masala as a main gets my vote too . Really nice menu if not the biggest choice but we found something for everyone and really , it’s very high quality .
Downside is the service was slow / intermittent that day and the sound system kept playing the same song over and over -aaaaaagh! The service when it did come wasn’t the warmest , and , having a child with us felt like we got a frosty reception . But maybe the guy is just naturally cold . .... I would go back again for the food , the decor , it’s location and to see if they’re still playing the same damn track !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having visited H&M for dinner in the darkest depths of winter followed by brunch for daughter No 1’s 22nd, I was tempted into H&Ms after an excellent day’s cricket at the recent first test at Headingley

A gorgeous warm summer’s evening in ‘the Village’, led me to enjoy at first a drink with my host Mr Heaney whilst waiting for my own guest. H&M at around 7 was busy; the outside seating area and cocktail bar bring welcome additions to this bustling diner

Without any fuss, front of house reserved me a table outside with the words’...no rush; when you’re ready...’

My guest arrived followed by the brunette and later by daughter and her pal (for drinks)

My (my guest and the brunette too) starter of seared tuna wasabi ginger prawn wonton and sesame was stunning; light, fresh, healthy, tasty and more: I could have eaten the dish again! Pan fried bream and grilled squid in a masala sauce with new potatoes and crushed peas was equally superb. My guest had the ribeye for mains: excellent quality and cooked to perfection (the brunette was happy with her tuna starter as a main)

Decent bottle of Pinot was the perfect companion as were the several brandies and espressos for afters - the only thing that was missing were the cigars! Lol

5 double gins, bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and the Pinot, the damage with tip was a shade under £200

We were eventually ‘kicked out’ at 1130; staff wanted to go home. We could have sat outside for several hours if they only had left the keys for the bar!

Fully recommend this place for any time of the day food, drink whatever. A welcome classy addition to The Village!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food! Highly recommended. The price is fair for the quality of food. Recommend the steak and sharing platters.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food, good service, nice laid back atmosphere. Will def be returning.
So much on the menu looked amazing it was very hard to pick. The waiter was very friendly and helped us choose.
We were a table of 4, all the starters and mains were beautiful. Great combination of flavours and good portion sizes. We all shared a pudding which was also delicious. I thought the restaurant was great value for money for the quality of food.
One criticism would be the wine - I tried 2 types and didn’t enjoy either.