“Lunch ”

Tasty's Karahi Restaurant
Ranked #730 of 2,295 Restaurants in Leeds
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Called for lunch at tasty’s as they was just opening, had a fantastic chicken naan kebab. The best!!

1  Thank Venture177069

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

After numerous recommendations for this place and reading the reviews, we decided to give the takeaway service a try one Saturday night. I cannot begin to describe how disappointed we were when the food arrived. We had ordered lamb bhuna, chicken madras and chicken jalfrezi, and not one of them was anything like we'd had from other takeaways, they were all watery and bland. Also the meat in the meals was very mealy and tasteless. The food was binned after a couple of mouthful's. Obviously, because of all the good reviews on TA there must be some good options to be had here, but I'm not in a hurry to try anything else soon.

3  Thank 2bloodytourists
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Tasty's has had a great new refurbishment and looks better than ever. You'll struggle to find better food in Leeds and you definitely WON'T find better seekh kebabs anywhere at all.
The service is as good as the seekh kebabs and I couldn't recommend this place enough!!
5 stars

1  Thank Dannial B
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Come here on a regular basis, the food is consistently superb. The chicken or lamb seekh kebabs are excellent. I've tried most of the curries on the menu, all excellent , but my favourites are lamb karahi off the bone or the lamb chana.
Great simple, tasty food with no frills.

1  Thank DivideUk
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Back in Yorkshire for only a couple of weeks and staying in Leeds. My favourite curries outside of Asia have always been in low-budget places, I grew up with the Karachi in Bradford and I'm always looking for somewhere to get close to that, by food, service and overall ambience etc.

I decided to walk across town to try Tasty's and was not disappointed in any way.

Low-fi decor, jugs of tap water, plastic chapati baskets it was all there. For some this would seem like a bunch of negatives, but believe me this couldn't be further from the truth!

There are no pretences at this place, the guys were really friendly from start to finish and with everyone that came through the door and they clearly have built up rapport with so many people; listening in as you do when you're on your own, they knew everyone, mostly by name and there was a lot of banter between them all.

These guys seem to enjoy their work, which itself is refreshing!

On to the food, well, the seekh kebab was clearly freshly rolled and cooked, it was tender and juicy and had plenty of spices, lovely!

The meat balti also very good, no problem for them to add the fresh Chili, perhaps could have been cooked down a bit longer for me, but the flavour was still great.
Particularly great chapatis, as they were soft and could be split into two thin layers.....what's not to love about splitters??

All in all a great experience, and I will go out of my way to go back.

Cheers!