“Perfect in every single way!”

Primo Ristorante Cafe Bar
Ranked #293 of 1,962 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant opened in 2008 and since has built a reputation for good quality service and food - and with its comfortable, contemporary interior, superb food and extensive affordable wine list, has rapidly become one of the most popular destination restaurants in the city for both lunch and dinner.Situated at West Point on Wellington Street, this Italian ristorante has a highly experienced team ready to create delicious authentic Italian dishes using fresh local produce and imported Italian specialities - all served with a delightful mix of Mediterranean panache and Yorkshire warmth and value.They show passion for customer service and when asked what makes Primo different - The answer is simple: Italian staff, quality of customer service, great menu created from typical Italian dishes using only fresh - not frozen - ingredients and nevertheless, the value for money compared to quality of food and wine.
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is now my top restaurant in leeds.
Service with a smile.
Nothing is too much for these guys.
They even give u a taster if you are not sure what to order and it's a good portion too to get a real taste.
Everything was perfect here.
Service is something I watch out for because it's what industry I'm in atm and these lot have got it spot on.
We will see you guys again!
Chris and Jana :-)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We returned to this restaurant on a Saturday evening. This time there were three of us. They were much busier than last time but the quality of food and the service was still excellent. We were not rushed or hurried and when we went to sit in the bar after eating we were given strawberries, chocolates and small biscuits to finish off our evening.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Bank holiday visit and what a lovely experience. Second visit and as good as the first. Shared pizza to start, house white wine, pasta with fish and pasta with Italian sausage. Superb. Excellent service and at £53, great value.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Primo regularly comes up high on the ratings in terms of Italian restaurants in Leeds. Thought I would try this for a friend's birthday.
Service was quick, pleasant and efficient if a little impersonal. The owner/manager was lovely and did come over at dessert time and was very charming.
In terms of the food, very good quality and flavours, mussels could have been a little warmer but this more due to a slight delay in one of the other starters arriving which meant they cooled a little. Seabass dish that my friend and I chose was beautiful, the flavours rich and deep. The beef tartare and tuna loin ordered by her husband equally as impressive.

The desserts were beautiful, excellent quality pannacotta and cheesecake, true Italian desserts at their best. The only thing with Primo which is not the fault of staff, can be the atmosphere, due to the high ceilings and large open space can seem a little cold. Nice decor though and I know the lunchtime trade with local business is always busy. Food definitely good enough to return. Not at all disappointed with a good evening.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say. .... The service, The food was amazing!!! The waiters knew exactly how to treat a customer, attentive and knew their stuff. The food was authentic and gorgeous, I love Italian and this is 1 of the best I have been to for ages. I am a hard customer to please as am very picky as I work in the food industry. I would recommend this restaurant 4 * plus!!!