“Very Poor”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I attend this restaurant as a member of a group for the second and the last time as a user of their upstairs private dining room on 6th December.
When I Arrived I knew that there would be up to 20 people attending and that all the food had been pr-ordered
On arrival up stair the Room was cold and nothing was done about it for over thirty minutes.
The staff delivered papadoms and placed on the table. Ten minutes later arrived mixed pickles etc to go with them but no plates.
The mains ordered for 8pm and started to arrive around 9.15. Cold plates and mixed dishes arrived and after around 20 mins the rice came when I had finished my meal. The Naan’s had arrived with the first part of the meal. I think that the prawns had been on a diet as they were so small.
My advice would be do not book a private party here as they do not have the staff and kitchen to be able to do it along with a quite full down stairs restaurant. The meal was booked well in advance.
I would not make any comment to the down stairs restaurant as I have never used it. I was told after that there was no reduction in the charge for quality and service that that I would deem to be very poor.

2  Thank 2PFK

Reviewed 19 December 2013

FANTASTIC food reasonable prices, large portions very friendly helpful happy staff ,I took my family there for a meal after visiting myself and finding the food delightful everybody commented on how it was the best Indian they had ever had, the service is brilliant and all the waiters and waitresses are so happy and helpful nothing is too much trouble . so if your after a first class Indian at a fair price then this is the place for you nice

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A friend recommend this place so thought we'd give it a go. We booked a table for 7.30pm arrived promptly and were shown to our table. there was a large private party going on upstairs and a big group of about 10 people on another table. I phoned an hour earlier, they should have told us that they were busy but they didn't. It took 15 minutes to take the order and another 45 minutes for it to arrive. My 5 year old was bored out of her brain and even asked the staff where her dinner was! The place its self is Tacky (with a capital T). There is crap music pumping out like a naff 1990's club. There is flashing lights that change colour. There is black and grey flock wall paper. The toilets have fake tile flock wall paper which is extrodinary! Note no soap in the toilets. The wine choice is red, white or rose - all house at £10.95. We had the rose which was just drinkable. Ordered lamb chops for my 5 year old and they were so hot they made my lips tingle. I had a saffron delight which was a sort of tikka masala in about 3 inches of ghee. The pilau rice and giant naan were nice enough. He had a mixed grill with a lump of river cobler on it which was fairly average. The bill came to £35, I asked for a discount because of the stupidly long wait for food so they knocked off £5. The waitresses were friendly but the waiter and cashier were not they were rather grumpy and rude! Unlikely to be going back.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Unfortunately if we knew that our free delivery was never going to arrive we would have gone to collect it. It's clearly a very good free service because they don't pay for it either.
Despite three telephone calls and excuses and promises it just never got here....
A hungry and angry customer...

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I don't normally put negative reviews on the internet but I have to say that tonight's experience was cause for comment. We got there fairly early and ordered quickly as we knew what we wanted and our starters came out on time; after that though it all went down hill. It took the staff 40 mins to clear our plates and bring out the second course after a few polite enquiries as to how long it would be. The waitresses were sulky and miserable and were not very polite. My main course of chicken tikka masala was very salty so much so I couldn't finish my meal. I complained to the waiter who cleared our plates (he did not ask us if we enjoyed our meal) and all he said was "tell me next time you come and I ask them not to add salt" !! I asked for the bill from the waitress who was sucking on a lolly at the time who passed the message on to another sulky girl who came with the card machine and didn't even speak to us!! Manners cost nothing! I certainly won't be going back to saffrons after a meal ruined by rude and inattentive staff and the food was not even edible!