“Wysiwyg”

Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Wysiwyg”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have read several of the negative reviews and I don't recognise the place I eat in quite often from these reviews. The decor is a bit off putting and the TV is on all the time but it is that type of place. I have always found the staff to be good and the food to be very good to excellent. Its not exotic or 'posh' but I have been there quite a few times and will definitely go back

• Visited February 2014

“Absolutely diabolical”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our third takeaway meal from the Saffron has left us feeling very hungry. We ordered a takeaway for two at 8.05pm and were told delivery would be about 55 minutes to one hour. One and a ten minutes later we rang to find out where the food was - two minutes we were told, with no apology except they were busy! One and a half hours later we rang back and were told it would be ten minutes - but we'd get a discount yippee (not!) we would have preferred our food. When the food arrived approximately two hours after we ordered, it was stone cold. The chicken in my partner's Karhi looked like processed quorn and apparently it tasted like cardboard after we had to heat it up. The starter of paneer Pakora was cold, greasy and like eating something that had been cooked, recooked and reheated - it went in the bin. In fact after ringing to complain we boxed the whole lot up (that hadn't yet gone in the bin) to take back, but decided our Sunday was worth more so in fact the whole meal went in the bin. NEVER EVER AGAIN FROM HERE!

• Visited February 2014
“Very Poor”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I attend this restaurant as a member of a group for the second and the last time as a user of their upstairs private dining room on 6th December.
When I Arrived I knew that there would be up to 20 people attending and that all the food had been pr-ordered
On arrival up stair the Room was cold and nothing was done about it for over thirty minutes.
The staff delivered papadoms and placed on the table. Ten minutes later arrived mixed pickles etc to go with them but no plates.
The mains ordered for 8pm and started to arrive around 9.15. Cold plates and mixed dishes arrived and after around 20 mins the rice came when I had finished my meal. The Naan’s had arrived with the first part of the meal. I think that the prawns had been on a diet as they were so small.
My advice would be do not book a private party here as they do not have the staff and kitchen to be able to do it along with a quite full down stairs restaurant. The meal was booked well in advance.
I would not make any comment to the down stairs restaurant as I have never used it. I was told after that there was no reduction in the charge for quality and service that that I would deem to be very poor.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank 2PFK
“Brilliant indian restaurant”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

FANTASTIC food reasonable prices, large portions very friendly helpful happy staff ,I took my family there for a meal after visiting myself and finding the food delightful everybody commented on how it was the best Indian they had ever had, the service is brilliant and all the waiters and waitresses are so happy and helpful nothing is too much trouble . so if your after a first class Indian at a fair price then this is the place for you nice

• Visited December 2013
“Slow and greasy!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A friend recommend this place so thought we'd give it a go. We booked a table for 7.30pm arrived promptly and were shown to our table. there was a large private party going on upstairs and a big group of about 10 people on another table. I phoned an hour earlier, they should have told us that they were busy but they didn't. It took 15 minutes to take the order and another 45 minutes for it to arrive. My 5 year old was bored out of her brain and even asked the staff where her dinner was! The place its self is Tacky (with a capital T). There is crap music pumping out like a naff 1990's club. There is flashing lights that change colour. There is black and grey flock wall paper. The toilets have fake tile flock wall paper which is extrodinary! Note no soap in the toilets. The wine choice is red, white or rose - all house at £10.95. We had the rose which was just drinkable. Ordered lamb chops for my 5 year old and they were so hot they made my lips tingle. I had a saffron delight which was a sort of tikka masala in about 3 inches of ghee. The pilau rice and giant naan were nice enough. He had a mixed grill with a lump of river cobler on it which was fairly average. The bill came to £35, I asked for a discount because of the stupidly long wait for food so they knocked off £5. The waitresses were friendly but the waiter and cashier were not they were rather grumpy and rude! Unlikely to be going back.

• Visited November 2013