“Good food to be had here”
Review of Saffron Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Saffron Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We visit here at least once a month and have done for nearly two years. The food is very good and the menu offers a wide choice at very reasonable prices.. The staff are very helpful and will endeavour to accommodate requests as to strength of the dish to suit all tastes. The saffron e khas is my favourite and is packed with tender lamb, chicken and prawns - highly recommended.
Don't understand the negative reviews as we have never found cause of complaint
Comments made re the décor are a bit weird - they have ceiling lighting in a gentle blue around the edge of the room - certainly does not affect the hues of the food or the diners!!
With regard to the previous comments made regarding fake reviews - this one certainly is NOT

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Unpretentious Asian restaurant which provides excellent value for money and maintains a consistently high standard.
The spicing is judicious and pleasing - not, perhaps of a kind to get you leaping to your feet and shouting "Wow! - but sufficient to bring a smile of satisfaction.
Especially notable is the quality of the meat. I and my wife have been going to Saffron two or three times a month since it first opened, and not once has either of us encountered a dish with inedible bits in it.
We have, of course, got to know the staff - always a benefit when eating out because they get to know your foibles - and the management's employment policy is notably inclusive. It is apparent that people enjoy working there, and we were rather impressed the other day to see that a fellow customer was a former waiter (English, who had been working part time there while studying) and he had brought a bunch of friends with him. Quite a vote of confidence, we thought.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have read several of the negative reviews and I don't recognise the place I eat in quite often from these reviews. The decor is a bit off putting and the TV is on all the time but it is that type of place. I have always found the staff to be good and the food to be very good to excellent. Its not exotic or 'posh' but I have been there quite a few times and will definitely go back

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our third takeaway meal from the Saffron has left us feeling very hungry. We ordered a takeaway for two at 8.05pm and were told delivery would be about 55 minutes to one hour. One and a ten minutes later we rang to find out where the food was - two minutes we were told, with no apology except they were busy! One and a half hours later we rang back and were told it would be ten minutes - but we'd get a discount yippee (not!) we would have preferred our food. When the food arrived approximately two hours after we ordered, it was stone cold. The chicken in my partner's Karhi looked like processed quorn and apparently it tasted like cardboard after we had to heat it up. The starter of paneer Pakora was cold, greasy and like eating something that had been cooked, recooked and reheated - it went in the bin. In fact after ringing to complain we boxed the whole lot up (that hadn't yet gone in the bin) to take back, but decided our Sunday was worth more so in fact the whole meal went in the bin. NEVER EVER AGAIN FROM HERE!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I attend this restaurant as a member of a group for the second and the last time as a user of their upstairs private dining room on 6th December.
When I Arrived I knew that there would be up to 20 people attending and that all the food had been pr-ordered
On arrival up stair the Room was cold and nothing was done about it for over thirty minutes.
The staff delivered papadoms and placed on the table. Ten minutes later arrived mixed pickles etc to go with them but no plates.
The mains ordered for 8pm and started to arrive around 9.15. Cold plates and mixed dishes arrived and after around 20 mins the rice came when I had finished my meal. The Naan’s had arrived with the first part of the meal. I think that the prawns had been on a diet as they were so small.
My advice would be do not book a private party here as they do not have the staff and kitchen to be able to do it along with a quite full down stairs restaurant. The meal was booked well in advance.
I would not make any comment to the down stairs restaurant as I have never used it. I was told after that there was no reduction in the charge for quality and service that that I would deem to be very poor.

2  Thank 2PFK