“Very nice stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for one night in a King City Suite. Very comfortable room, thought the Apple iMac TV was excellent and slept extremely well, would stay here again. Loved the warm cookies a really nice touch.

Room service was good, although it took some time for the phone to be answered.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Have stayed in a number of business hotels in Leeds and this is I think the nicest so far. Room and facilities were very good. Valet parking at £16 was a little steep but at less that £60 for the room overall was decent value. Had a nice meal in the bar and an enjoyable beer in the 13th floor lounge. Very handy for the Hop which is a first class bar for a real ale fan! Well worth a try if you're staying over in Leeds.

Room Tip: Great view from the 11th floor
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights in a king size room for business. I arrived quite late around 11pm and was the desk was well manned for this time of night. I was given a warm cookie which was quite a nice touch. My room had everything I needed in fridge,good wardrobe space,safe,hairdrier etc my king size bed was 2 singles pushed together which didn't bother me on my own but I suspect wouldn't be great for a couple. Bed was comfortable pillows a little rigid but thats more down to personal preference.I had an apple mac in my room for the TV which I think they had in all rooms. Bathroom was standard good shower with complimentary shampoo etc. breakfast was good i had a full English the one morning I went down for it and the staff were all very polite. The sky bar on the 13th floor was fantastic I went up for a few drinks and the views over the city were great. Central location less than 5 minutes walk from the train station. I had dinner in the sushi restaurant over the road which was awesome. Great hotel will use again if I'm working in Leeds

1  Thank theforkofphil
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree hotel in Leeds from 23rd to 25th August 2012.
The hotel is located in the nice wharf area, which has been completely renovated and it’s walking distance from the city center.
We booked a double superior room: it was wide and very nice furnished in contemporary style. The room has in-room iMac TV and complimentary wi-fi connection. The bathroom was not very big but it had a large shower.
The room was clean and we had a large and very comfortable bed. The hotel also offer 24 hour in-room service which is highly appreciated when you come back hungry late in the night!
Just one thing that disappointed me: the in-room mini bar was empty, except two small bottles of mineral water, and you have to ask (and to pay!) to fill it – there are some packages which offers different kind of products at different prices. I definitely prefer to find my mini-bar filled with a satisfactory choice of soft and alcoholic drinks and snacks and to be able to chose according to what I like in that moment.
At the 23rd floor there is the Sky lounge and I would suggest to visit it even if you don’t intend to have a drink: it offers a stunning view of the city!
In front of the hotel there a couple of nice pubs and a very nice argentine restaurant called Fazenda, which I would recommend.
All the hotel staff was nice and efficient and also checking-in operations were very quick.
I certainly recommend this hotel and it’ll be my choice for my next visit to Leeds.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simona70
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This hotel is the former Mint Hotel, Leeds and is now part of the Hilton Doubletree family.

The hotel is relatively easy to find and has reasonably good parking facilities on-site and nearby. Depending on your concierge and the make/height/weight of your car you may or may not be allowed to park your car in the underground car park as it uses a lift and the gentleman working at the time of my arrival was concerned about the height and weight of my Ford Galaxy, but relatively unconcerned about some hefty BMWs which were making the trip up and down the lift quite happily. Parking on-site and in the nearby railway arches both cost £12.00 for the night.

The check in experience was friendly and efficient and being a Doubletree there was the addded bonus of the warm chocolate and nut cookie on arrival (personally I think they should give you one when you leave as well!).

My room had been upgraded to a junior suite which gave me a corner room view of the canal and apartments opposite. The room had the usual amenties with a Kingsize bed, sofa and chairs desk area, in room safe, two IMAC PC/TVs, tea/coffee biscuits, water a packet of crisps and somewhat bizarrely a bottle of beer (must be a Leeds thing). I must admit I find the whole IMAC TV thing a huge annoyance as you don't appear to get a better choice of channels and so far each one I've used has either had a problem with the picture quality or the lipsync has been out.

The bathroom was a reasonable size, well lit and excellent standard of decor with a very nice power shower that you could actually control the temperature of.

Having arrived around 8.30 I took the opportunity to order room service and whilst the food was well presented it had cooled significantly on the way from the kitchen to the room - nevertheless it still tasted ok.

I didn't venture out of the hotel on this trip, but from previous trips I know that there is a variety of pubs and restaurants in the immediate area which would offer a wider selection of food than that offered by the hotel.

I tried to make use of the hotel's wifi service but disappointingly the signal was too poor to maintain a connection.

In terms of other facilities there is no swimming pool and the gym, as I'd found at the Doubletree in London, is very small and feels very much like it has been added as a token gesture.

Breakfast was a fairly standard buffet affair and I felt lacked the level of choice that you would usually get from other hotels in the Hilton chain, but what was on offer was still very tasty.

The staff were polite but lacked a certain warmth and there was nothing to get me overly excited (or disappointed for that matter) about at this hotel. I'd be happy to recommend it as somewhere functional and comfortable to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2012

As hotels go this is a really nice one. We stayed in a Queen Deluxe room and found it to be clean, comfortable and warm. The beds were comfy, there was more than enough space in the wardrobe for our clothes (2 adults + 1 child) and the Apple computer was fantastic. From this you could watch TV or access the internet which meant that the 9 year old could access games from the internet. The bathroom was clean and functional - the only downside was it was an accessible wet room which meant that storage was very limited and all our products were crammed around the small sink.

Now for the downside, and it is a BIG downside. There is no getting away from the Railway Station. It is literally outside your window and so close you can tell what the filling is in the drivers sandwiches. Also the railway station starts coming to life at 5.00am so unless you are the deepest sleeper you will be affected by this.

When making a booking I would advise you to ask for a room on the canal side of the hotel.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here. If you are looking for somewhere as a base and you are out the majority of the day then it ticks the boxes, however because of the railway station it wont get 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the canal side. If they cannot do this ask for earplugs!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Having lived locally I knew the location was brilliant, very near all the city center amenities.

I asked for a canal side room as it is a lot more picturesque than that of the train line and bars opposite.

Check in was easy enough and we were given a complimentary cookie each which was nice.

The room was a normal double with lots of nice little touches and a Mac computer which doubled as a TV which is easy to use if you only want to use it fleetingly. The bed was comfy enough and fixtures and fittings were nice. There is no bath in these rooms but the shower was powerful enough.

The sky bar on the 13th floor offers some amazing views and offers wine, cocktails and bottles of beer. It can be a tad pretentious and service can be slow at busy times.

Would easily recommend for a short stay in Leeds if you wanted somewhere a bit different and close to the center.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal facing mid-floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple