“Chilled fab hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed for two nights in a queen executive room,had a lovely stay, the staff couldn't do enough for us, the breakfast was to die for,hot and plentiful,
And to top it all, the New Zealand rugby league team were staying too,
Some great photos, cheers guys,

Would Deffo be staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a High floor room overlooking the river,fantastic views etc
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having been to other Mint Hotels before, I wondered what the impact of being a doubletree hotel would have. Well, this was a great hotel. Very friendly welcome (including cookie) and then parked the car. It is a bit tight round the entrance but we were able to park in the nearby car park without the problem. The room was clean and comfortable, and well equipped. I love having the iMac in the room, although smaller than modern TV's it does allow you to watch DVDs and use the internet. We had a great night sleep and the shower was great, the fan even kept the mirror fog free!

We had the buffet breakfast which was good; it was a little expensive if had I had to pay for it. Also, the the waitress seemed to ignore us and I had to go and ask for tea and coffee, even though she was looking after other guests. Perhaps communication in the dining room good be better. It would have been good to have been told you can ask for eggs however you want them, thankfully I'd read other reviews which highlighted this to me.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I recently spent 4 nights here on business and overall it is a good hotel but nothing amazing.
The pros
Rooms are good, well appointed and quite minimalist. The sky bar is good and the wifi in the hotel works well. The hotel is also in a good area.
The not so good
The gym is small but probably normal for a city centre hotel. There was some confusion over what tariff I was on when I went to breakfast. One morning I was told breakfast was not included but when I checked out, it was.
Overall, a good stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have stayed twice and both were disappointing.
The breakfast following the night of my first stay, on the Sunday morning looked so bad, I didn’t even bother sitting down (I went to a local coffee shop and had something more edible) after complaining I was told that there was little that could be done and that they would escalate my complaint. – I never heard back!
The second time I booked (Bed only, no breakfast this time) I was asked if I would like to upgrade (via the web) which I did – I upgraded to a King suite; the problem is that these larger rooms are only ready at 15.00; which is no good to me as I come up to Leeds to study and the reason for the suite was to make use of the additional space for my study material. I did advise my early check in requirement online when I booked, when I was told that I would have to wait until 15.00 or down grade, I took the option to down grade; as I needed to get some work done – and for the pleasure of down grading me, I was advised that there was no refund of my upgrade fee – what a joke!

I will not be staying at this Hilton again – Unfortunately they are giving the Hilton a bad name.
If you are out for a party, don’t need to check in until 15.00 and looking for a Sunday morning fry up, then this is the place for you; unfortunately I usually stay at the Hilton for a little more than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam R
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Please accept our apologies that you could not have an early check-in for the room type you booked on-line. Although our normal check-in time is 3 pm for all rooms we always do our very best to facilitate an early check-in request, however we can only do this subject to the room type being available. We are disappointed that we were unable to facilitate on this particular night.

We appreciate you feeding back your thoughts on breakfast and these have been passed to our Chef.

Kind regards

Elspeth

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms are nice clean and i mac is a good idea but there are no baths! Travelled some distance and was looking forward to a soak in the bath. Description states styled with consideration for your comfort. I don't think this is the case with just a shower. Would not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked this with the Hilton sale so it was really good value. The hotel was well signed by small brown signposts so for once we didn't get lost in Leeds. Parking cost an extra £12 but was under the tunnels, easy to park and good for the car. Service was wonderful. An attendant came out to help us park. Our room was ready although it was still early, and it was kept immaculate by the chambermaid. We overlooked the canals so it couldn't have been a better location and only a step away from the city centre.
The room had a lovely modern bathroom with a very powerful shower, again immaculately clean. All gel and shampoos provided of course. The real surprise was an Apple computer/television....how swish was that? Free Wi-Fi in the room. The rest of the room was well designed with the usual tea/coffee making equipment, an ice bucket and glasses and complementary mineral water in the mini bar. The bed was two singles together so was roomy enough with no sagging.
Breakfast was included in our package and there was everything you could want, again with good service. We were asked immediately if we would like poached eggs. The Danish pastry I had was delicious.
If you can get this hotel at a good price, take it for a treat. we decided we'd like to live there!

Room Tip: our canal view was lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

not the best hilton i have been in, too much noise and breakfast so-so. however welcome, staff, room and facilities really good; clean and tidy hotel. stay away fro rooms near the bar area. booked early so a reasonable price, so do that or a bit pricey

Room Tip: . stay away fro rooms near the bar area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business