“5* all the way....”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My partner and I decided to book a night away and decided on the Doubletree. What a fabulous hotel, in a great location.
We decided to park ourselves and we were guided to the space available by the chap in the car park, quite a large space as well.
The check in was swift and quick and we were given a cookie which I might add was warm and very delicious. Nice touch....
We paid extra for one of the higher rooms, lovely view.
The room has everything you need and the added extra and the bathrobe. The bed was very comfy and the rooms quiet.
The downside would be the Apple TV, it seemed quite longwinded to operate. Or was that just me.
We had a problem when we returned as the swipe card would not work. The receptionist was very helpful in sorting this.
We had a drink in the Sky Lounge, fantastic views.
The breakfast was very nice, plenty of choice.
Check out swift, all in a great stay.

Room Tip: Don't keep the swipe card near your mobile phone as this wipes the data
1  Thank pinkshipleygirl
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your very positive review.

It is lovely to hear that you really enjoyed the hotel and our great SkyLounge bar; the views are fantastic for a bar in Leeds and many enjoy visiting whether a hotel guest or living locally.

Thanks for putting the tip out there about the door key-card. You are correct, it should not be kept next to your mobile or it stops working and worth knowing.

We hope you come again soon. Another warm cookie will be waiting for you :-)

Regards

Elspeth

Write a ReviewReviews (4,217)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Having booked last minute for an unplanned business trip to Leeds, I arrived after a four hour drive late evening fearing the 'drowsy check-in agent' syndrome happens so often. Instead, I was greeted very professionally, had my car valet parked, received a very swift lovely upgrade from standard room to junior suite (HHonors Gold) and went up to the lovely (but pricey!) Sky Lounge pub on the top floor which has the best, really - the best - cocktails I have had in a long time. Yes, they are pricey - but you do get the quality you pay for.

The room I received, 516, was a lovely junior suite, with a large shower area, very large beds, very nice working area with a Mac (which also serves as a TV), large king bed and two sitting areas on top of the work area.

On my second morning my car was waiting for me to go to my meetings just in time, brought over from the parking.

Everything just works, the way it really should. I think this hotel serves the benchmark other locations need to strive to achieve.

I will definitely be coming back here as early as next week.

Well done.

Stayed in room 516 January 7-10

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've stayed at the Doubletree Hilton in Leeds before and this time booked a short break for myself and my husband between Christmas and New Year.

I really can't fault this hotel - from the extremely professional and polite staff to the Sky Bar, the fab breakfast choice, and the convenient nearby car park - everything is there to ensure you have a good stay.

The rooms are exceptionally quiet and spacious and the beds are comfy.

I like the hotel so much I've already booked my next stay!

Room Tip: I understand that the rooms are all soundproof but I always ask for a room away from the lifts as th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments. We are delighted you love our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The room was large, the bed wasn't as soft as I would have liked so housekeeping added a few layers to soften it up. It was really quiet. Quite clean although not gleaming. The cookies were good. I would only stay at this hotel when visiting Leeds again - it's easy and consistent. We had vegetarian breakfasts brought up to the room which was of a very high standard.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked this hotel for my partners birthday via the telephone, as it was £10 cheaper than online and £10 cheaper than the Travelodge so it made sense!
We arrived at the hotel before check-in and were able to check our bags into the luggage store. This was done swiftly & professionally.
We returned after 1500 to check-in, what a lovely process, especially the warm cookie DELISH! The member of staff checked us in quickly and efficiently.
We were allocated room 908. The room was nice and had everything we could possibly need for a one night stay.....kettle, tea, coffee, hairdryer, iron & board, apple tv (albeit not the easiest of things to operate!), smellies, towels, robes.
Overall the room was lovely - apart from the bed! I had booked a double room and what we got was a twin room with the beds pushed together, not ideal for a couple as someone always ends up falling down the middle!!
Overall my stay at this hotel was nice and I would return - if the price was right!
I made a reservation in the sky lounge for myself and my partner and some friends we were meeting, I did this via TopTable - I would recommend making a reservation as it gets busy as its a bar for none residents to use too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SELBYLOU

Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay. Delighted that you enjoyed the room and the little extras which were included and that our staff excelled themselves. Your comment about the bed in your room has been noted and all feedback is appreciated.

As you say, our 13th Floor SkyLounge bar is well worth a visit but can get busy, so certainly on a weekend it can be an idea to book to ensure a table.

We do have some excellent offers on-line over the next few months so we hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a great hotel for business or pleasure (if that happens in Leeds?).

Very nice building outside and in, looks a lot better than the Hilton proper a few metres away. The location is great, although they need to improve the walk from the station which involves walking through some quite dank and deserted arches beneath the station before emerging into a redeveloped courtyard. Not nice on a dark winter’s night, clearer signage would help. Rooms are large and come with everything you’d need, although mini-bar packages are “on request” which means you’d have to eat the lot to .

Only one complaint, the bar service was incredibly slow despite being almost empty when I was there. The bar food was good but not cheap. Can’t comment on value as I was staying here on business and didn’t see the bill.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It is nice to hear you like our hotel and the facilities, including our SkyLounge bar.

There is some good news with regards to the walk to the hotel from the station; a new entrance direct from the station to Granary Wharf is under construction which will make it much simpler to access the hotel in due course.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We needed a room-only, one-night hotel close to the city centre for a night out with friends. This hotel was ideal! I was especially surprised by how reasonable the rate was - £46 for a double room! This is almost as cheap as a youth hostel.

The hotel is quite new, in an excellent and interesting location (near the 'old' town's waterways, i.e. the river Aire and Leeds-Liverpool canal. I grew up in Leeds and this was definitely an area to avoid! Now, it's modern and trendy.)

The hotel was very clean and quite stylish with a nice bar at the top. We didn't try the restaurant, though it looked good. The front-of-house staff were friendly and there appeared to be a good mood amongst them; one was clearly a novice, but the others helped her out pleasantly.

The valet car system worked well, and for £16, was worth it (it costs £12 to park yourself).

One slight negative is that the duvets are too hot, making sleep awkward. Although we had the heating set at its coolest, even in winter in Leeds, the duvet was stifling! An optional sheet and blanket would have been welcome. The room was quiet.

We will definitely stay here again when staying over in Leeds.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends