“Very good hotel”

Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
leeds, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The location is ideal as the hotel is situated near the train station and Leeds city centre. The hotel staff were really friendly and the room was spacious. I would definitely stay at this hotel in future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

pjedgar, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, I will share this with the rest of the team.

Kind Regards

P.J. Edgar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Polish first
edinburgh, scotland
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Seems to have taken a dip. Room was not very clean, particularly the floor. And the sofa was covered in stains. And we had to ask for a key to the fridge, which was a bit odd. Poor service from the barman, quite shambolic- other staff were trying to make up for it though. Also, we arrived 40min after checkin opened, but had to wait 20min for our room to be ready . Tv was tricky to use, but had sky sports. Great view, good size room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at pauljohn.edgar@hilton.com to discuss further.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner live in Leeds but due to works on our apartment we stayed for 3 nights in this hotel unexpectedly.

As we made 3 separate bookings we were moved rooms each night which didn't particularly bother us until the 3rd night. Prior to this the rooms had been spacious, clean and very comfortable. However after checking in with a very rude receptionist we were placed in a disabled access room on the ground floor. However the television was broken, we were kept awake all night by noisy guests in the corridors and the bathroom wasn't clean at all. There was also a strange odour lingering in the room which we couldn't seem to get rid of despite spraying perfume.

The next morning upon checking out I requested an email address to write a complaint. The receptionist didn't enquire once what I wished to complain about or whether he could rectify it, he just scribbled down an email address and moved on to the next guest.

Overall I was very disappointed as we come to this hotel for drinks and to meet friends a lot but the poor attitude of the receptionist and the unclean room really let us down. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Hayley J
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about the disappointments during your stay. Please feel to contact me on my email, pauljohn.edgar@hilton.com , and we can discuss this further.

bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

These guys think of everything .... a lovely warm cookie on arrive and fantastic facilities throughout the hotel .... a lovely w end / place to stay in the heart of the city ! We literally had everything at our finger tips with lots of bars and retaurants to hand with support and advice from the hotel staff too ! Nothing was too much trouble !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Martin S
Elspeth N, PA to the General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay! We do our very best to make our guests welcome and are lucky to have such a lovely hotel in a great spot in the city. It is a pleasure to know you had a fantastic time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kind regards

Elspeth
PA to the General Manager
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel sadly underwhelmed me despite the mainly positive reviews.

I stay in a lot of Hilton branded properties and I am a HHonors Gold member (and will be moving to Diamond this year all under my own spend).

As part of the scheme I receive complimentary room upgrades subject to availability. The hotel was nowhere near sold out and I could see that upgraded rooms were still for sale online. Having checked in in the evening I was quite brusquely dealt with when I asked if there was an upgrade available. I was told my "high floor" was an upgrade - which it isn't, it's in my room preferences on my Hilton profile(!). The check in experience wasn't great and I was told breakfast was extra, despite it being part of the rate I prepaid for. When I pointed out the hotel did have available rooms to upgrade me if they wanted I was met with a flat no.

The room itself was quite spartan and didn't feel terribly homely. There are iMacs for TV and Internet access which is different - but felt quite gimmicky. There was only a shower in the bathroom, no bath, which is a little disappointing.

Breakfast was fine - the usual Doubletree offer.

Overall this would have been a 3/4 star review had it not been for a poor check in experience that soured the whole stay. I felt fobbed off, which isn't good when I spend so much money with Hilton every year.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jetset00
pjedgar, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Please email our Front of House Manager on Julia.Trenz@hilton.com and we can discuss these issues further.

DoubleTree Leeds
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

After two previous stays at this hotel and I decided to stay in the suite at a cost of £190 per night up on arrival our friends just booked a standard room but was nicely upgraded to a better room free of charge due to a request of close rooms. However this was the best part of our stay every time and I mean every time I left my room I had to get reception to let me back in due to a issue with the cards, blamed on my mobile phone which was in the room may I ad. This wore really thin as the day and night wore on and each time it took the staff longer and longer to attend and let us in our room. So to say the least come 12 am after returning to our hotel the manager had to be informed and well it was just a complete waste of time no compassion show so ever! The bose speakers in the room didn't work and the bathroom was really dirty and dusty the bed had spots of blood stained into the sheets and covers!!! The mini bar was nice not to much in it but was a nice added extra. Right here we go with the massive down fall....sky lounge.booked a table for four on the website with nice birthday drinks and a meal in mind we were greeted with rude staff and led to our table well I say table it was the kind you find in a bar to rest you beer on not the kind four of you sit at and dine!! After drinking our first drink and the rudest staff along side of not even been given or seeing a menu we left. The morning after we had breakfast which was ok thats about it just ok.to round off this hotel I'd say it's pretty poor with issues to be sorted out mainly customer service issues next stay in leeds definightly won't be here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ricardo221109

DoubleTree Leeds
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree, Leeds last night (Saturday). Lovely hotel, great location, Skylounge bar on top floor which had a buzzing atmosphere, lovely cocktails and excellent views over Leeds and the Leeds Liverpool Canal. Loved the warm cookies on arrival, nice welcoming touch. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the canal, rather than the railway station.