“Excellent service”

Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay thanks to the very courteous staff and the fantastic breakfast. All the products were of very high quality. The sky bar on the 13th floor has fabulous views and a good atmosphere at night.

The room was clean and spacious and again the products in the bathroom were a quality brand.

Very easy to find and great location. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for one night. The room was spotless and had a lovely view.
I had a fabulous nights sleep in a very comfortable bed with great duvet and pillows. Lovely fluffy towels in the modern, well appointed and very clean bathroom.
It was the staff that made this trip such a good one for me. I have never stayed at this chain before and from the first second I arrived I was greeted so warmly and given cookies to take to my room even though it was after 11pm when I checked in. The young lady on reception could not have been more friendly or informative about the facilities of the hotel. I met friends in the Skybar for cocktails which were amazing and I didn't think at all overpriced considering the location and the ambiance of the bar. Great views.
The next morning I slept in later than intended, partly due to the cocktails and partly to the comfort of the bed and the darkness of the room courtesy of the heavy curtains. I made the breakfast room only a few minutes before 11am but the staff were exceptionally welcoming and the lateness was not a problem at all. The breakfast was an amazing selection and all hot and fresh even though I was cutting it fine. I would not dream of faulting anything about the food, the delicious coffee or the service.
I will definitely be going back to this hotel andI hope it will be soon.
Exceptional staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just came back from a lush stay at Doubletree. Was rather impressed with the hotel and location of where it's situated, only a few minute walk from the train station next to Granary Wharf. The staff were very friendly and rather welcoming when we checked in. Had no faults with the room and was impressed with the apple mac in the room. There was use of a fridge, iron, hairdryer along with coffee making facilities. Slightly disappointed with the view we had, but as the room was beyond expectations this was not an issue. As we only booked this as a last minute getaway, it was well worth the money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people and I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I come to Leeds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellbong123
Hull
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in Leeds on a Friday night. The hotel has a great location and there is a walkway to the bars and shops. The hotel is superb and our room had a great view on the 6th floor. We went to the sky lounge and had drinks before we went out, the cocktails are ok but rather expensive. I have had a better mojito if I am honest! The shower in the room was excellent and the bed comfy. The hotel has a great lounge and Restaurant and the breakfast was brilliant, excellent choice although no mushrooms?? You get looked after and the hotel really has the feel of a 4 star hotel and the staff are all very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at the hilton for 2 nights, the free cookie upon arrival was great, especially after travelling. All the staff were friendly and polite.
The rooms aren't huge but they are still very good. The iMac in the room was an excellent feature, as well as the speaker system - As we were told that the rooms were soundproof, we had our music fairly loud, only to find a staff member coming to our room to ask us to turn the music down. I would suggest that the Hilton removes this "soundproof" claim or changes their choice of speaker system if it's too loud. The hotel itself is very nice, i didn't eat there so can't comment on the food, reason being that it was quite expensive.
My only problem with this hotel was the ridiculous prices in the sky lounge. A double vodka and lemonade was £8.50, this was more then some of the cocktails on the menu, which made no sense to me. Also, there is a no trainers policy which was annoying as some of our group were turned away, despite many other people in the bar also wearing trainers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Pretty average really, rooms were pokey, not particularly well cleaned & no bath??? Even the premier inns have a bath!! Good location & breakfast was again, pretty average...

Better hotels for the money in Leeds...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Other people have already written about the great views from the canal side rooms, the fact that everything is clean and smart, and the rooms are a decent size and well fitted out. The staff are friendly and efficient, and even found me some soya milk for the in room fridge for my morning tea as I'm lactose intolerant.
The cost of breakfast and the bar prices are surprisingly high considering the easy access to alternative venues only a short walk away. Access from the station was almost all under cover, and whilst it is through the old railway warehouse tunnels under the station, it is all well lit and well frequented.
It was recommended to us, and we recommend it to you.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get the canal view!