“Really good roomzzz”

Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Really good roomzzz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Very cheap, clean accommodation. We were only in Leeds for one night and this was absolutely perfect! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great if you needed a grab-and-go breakfast. There was parking right across the street and a convenience store nearby, so it was ideal for all of our road trip needs.

The only negative was perhaps the size of the bed, which seemed a bit small for a double. It's okay for a tiny person like me, but a bit of an issue for a 6 foot 3 giant like my fiancee!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I reserved what I thought was a good rate at this hotel for a studio apartment on a Saturday night of £55 for a trip to Leeds to meet up with friends. The standard rate is £99. I wasn't feeling great on the day so I did actually want to cancel this on the morning of the stay which I thought was fine according to the terms and conditions, but apparently this was a promotional rate and non-refundable. This irked me from the start as my confirmation e-mail didn't state this was non-refundable, so I turned up. The hotel is in Leeds city centre so obviously the location is good and its opposite the excellent Q Park Criterion Place car park that I like to use as well. The reception has pretty standard Travelodge/Premier Inn style decor. Service at reception was fine. The studio apartment itself was of an odd shape and dimly lit. The poor quality, soft double bed was shoved up against a wall in a corner so not great for two people, so would only recommend the studio apartment for one. The room was sparsely decorated in cheap modern furniture, in some attempt to make it look remotely fashionable. The floor was covered in a dark wood effect lino that either had not been laid correctly or was now being dislodged as it was full of bubbles. Oh the glamour!! The kitchen had a Smeg microwave and hob and fridge and the room had an iMac, token really and pointless when the rest of the room was of such low quality, because I wouldn't have wanted to spend any time in it!! The cheap kitchen worktop had been damaged by a previous guest and a hot pan. The bathroom was adequate with a white suite and very cheap toiletries. It would have been acceptable to crash in had I felt OK but I just wanted to go home as I felt ill and at £55, I didn't feel particularly robbed. For £99 a night, its woefully low quality. I should imagine the "Grab and Go" breakfast is like the rest of the hotel. I wasn't offered the discount parking at Q Park on leaving - thanks! There are many better value and higher quality options in Leeds. The discount hotel market such as Travelodge/Premier Inn/Roomzzz are really getting ideas and prices above their station!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ian G
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. One of our managers has already responded to your initial queries. I am sorry you feel disappointed with your experience.

All fixtures have been carefully selected and designed. As an example our sofas are leather and manufactured by KLER, toiletries are KUDOS range manufactured by Concept Amenities in Australia and beds are handmade by Morley Beds. I would beg to disagree that these are cheap.

Our rate terms are very clear on the website when you select a specific rate. In this case you have booked using our current winter offer. We appreciate you wanted to cancel your stay for good reasons however given the terms of the rate you were not able to.

I understand you left within minutes after being checked in and have left no information when asked by a member of staff for them to be able to help you. In light of this we decided not to offer you any refunds.

Parking information is clearly displayed at reception and we do make it a point to ask guests where they have parked to ensure they don’t miss out on the 50% discount with Q-Park. I can apologise for not having re-iterated this information during check in. Please contact us with a receipt of payment for parking at Q-Park and we will be happy to offer you a 50% discount on the parking charge by means of a refund.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I do however feel that your feedback contradicts the very positive experiences shared by other guests on this forum. I am also disappointed that we have not had the opportunity to deal with you queries during your stay even when we have asked to see if we can help you.

Kind regards
David Abhijit
Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Roomzzz is a clean, modern, apartment style hotel which was absolutely perfect for our family holiday. The rooms are HUGE, there was a separate bedroom and bathroom, a good-sized kitchen (although we did not use it to cook), and a washer/dryer - a little confusing to work out how to use, but it did the job! There was also a mac computer in the room which is free to use and browse the internet - brilliant for those who can't live without the net! My brother had a double room just down the hallway from us, which was equally spacious.

The 'grab and go' breakfast is great for what it is - something quick to eat before heading out for the day, which you can either bring back to your room or eat on your way.

We stayed three nights, over a weekend, and I think it's important to note that we did hear a little bit of noise on Friday and Saturday night as party goers returned to their rooms. However, it was very brief (a couple of minutes) and not really enough to disturb you unless you are a light sleeper. Plus, I think it's to be expected over a weekend, wherever you are staying!

All in all, this is a great place to stay, highly recommended and I would definitely stay here again if ever I return to Leeds.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Roomzzz city is in a good central location, minutes from the train station with parking facilities nearby. The reception staff were helpful and pleasant. We stayed in a studio apartment with balcony. The kitchen was very well equipped with dishwasher, combi microwave, fridge, kettle toaster and all the crockery and utensils you would need. They provided dishwasher tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and washing up sponges. There was a small amount of tea, coffee, milk and sugar in the usual sachets you find in most hotel rooms. The shower room had towels, shower gel and shampoo. The bed was very comfortable. The tv doubled up as a pc. The room was comfortably furnished. A nice touch was the grab and go breakfast which consisted of pastries, fruit, juice, tea and coffee. You could fill a bag provided and take this back to your room. This was the first time we had chosen a serviced apartment over a hotel and we loved it and will use this option in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

I have now stayed in Roomzzz twice and both times have been perfect. The first time was with a mixed group and the second time on a hen party. Although it was busy on both occasions, we weren't disturbed by anyone else there. The apartments are modern and stylish and very well equipped, excellent if you want to stay in and have something to eat and a few drinks before you go out. The showers are amazzzzing! I would thoroughly recommend these apartments to all.

• Stayed November 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We have been spoilt by staying at the Manchester Roomzzz so often so were disappointed on arriving in the lobby and apartment. There was nothing wrong with it and it was large,well equipped and clean and perfect for a business trip. It just wasn't luxurious or inviting. The floors are wood effect other than the bedroom and the settees hard modern leather with no ambient lighting it felt masculine brown and lacking in warmth. The space is brilliant it just needs softening. There was no view. We tried to change room but they said it would not be possible until the next day. The manager the next day made no attempt to discuss our request so felt invisible as guests. Parking is subsidised across the road in the Q park.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elbowsoffthetable
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here as part of a hen do group from 21st - 23rd of September.
The apartments were way, way above the standard we paid for. We were in a brilliant location, which meant we had no need for taxis during the day or night.
In the lobby there was complimentary breakfast snacks such as pastries, fruit, tea and coffee should you want it.
The apartment itself also was great quality. a lot more spacious than we expected, with everything should you not want too leave the room. There was all you kitchen white goods, including dish and clothes washing machines. There was also an ironing board and iron should you need it. The bathroom was clean modern and had an amazing shower which my friends and I loved. We also had an I Mac and free WiFi, again something we did not expect on such a reasonable price.
There is no parking at the aparthotels, however there is a Q Park literally a minutes walk away which you can obtain a half price voucher for at the hotel. (For 2 nights we paid 17.50 in total).
The one thing which has stopped me giving this place a full 5 out of 5 was the second bedroom. The master was lovely, and had a massive bed, flat screen telly, IPod dock, alarm clock etc, etc. Yet the second, smaller room had very creaky uncomfortable bunk beds...and it put my back out on the second night. This though, would not stop me from booking into there again.

Room Tip: Our group had 4 rooms in total and all were pretty much identical. However the penthouse apartment w...