“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #2 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
lincolnshire
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just got back from two night stay at the midland,enjoyed it very much.We stayed in the family room,it was roomy,clean and nicely decorated.The staff couldn't of been more helpful,especially Graham who went out of his way to help us out.Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day.Would recommend and would also stay again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
King's Lynn, Norfolk
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my dogs in July, and I could not fault the premises, or staff.
The food served in the pub was fantastic, and the breakfast was a great start to each day.
The room was bright clean and comfortable. It was a great size too, travelling with 2 large breed dogs I was expecting a standard small room, but it was very spacious
The staff were friendly and very helpful.
The walking routes nearby for the dogs were fantastic, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. So much so I am returning at the end of august.

Room Tip: If you have dogs I recommend room 4. It is a family room, with a double & single bed, and I trav...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly H
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Midland on a motorcycle trip to the south of England. Room was Ensuite, good sized and beautiful and located in a separate building. You get your own front door and we were able to park the motorbike right outside. The hotel bar was busy with locals and did good beer and good food. Beds were very comfy. Would recommend.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Essex
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We decided to stay here as it was one of a few that would accept our 4 dogs. The room was clean and modern (we had a family room) with everything you'd expect in a B&B. Bathroom was roomy and nicely decorated. Bed was fantastic, cracking pillows! Staff were friendly and helpful both before, via email and when we stayed. We couldn't have breakfast as didn't wish to leave our dogs alone so they were quite happy to let us have a take away brekkie from the coffee shop which was lovely. There were only a few minor bad points - the window in our room was warped and wouldn't close, our room was like an oven which interrupted a good nights sleep sadly (a pedestal fan would be a good idea as it wasn't even particularly hot and we were boiling even with the window fully open). We couldn't get any hot water in the morning but not particularly an issue as shower was fine.
As a side note, It was very noisy outside our room (at no fault of the hotel itself though), busy traffic and also we had people shouting at midnight which didn't bother us but if you are a light sleeper it could be an issue.
We were happy with our stay and will be back again next year, if they'll have us!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My mother and I stayed at The Midland Hotel at the weekend and really enjoyed our time there. Right from the off the staff were super friendly and helpful. The stable room (no 3) was so lovely and clean and modern and we had the best nights sleep in the comfy beds. The coffee shop was so good too and the food that we ate at lunch time and the following breakfast time was excellent. Cannot recommend this place enough, we want to stay again definitely we just need to find a reason to stay over that side of Leeds again!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We haven't actually stayed at the Midland hotel but we live locally in Rothwell and go here all the time - so we wanted to leave a review.

For what it's worth, re: the hotel it looks great and staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. It's also, as other reviews have noted, in a fab location to get in and out of Leeds.

Anyway, I just wanted to commend the coffee shop that is attached to the hotel/pub. You can stay in or take out and it is always perfect - service is quick and there's never a long wait, even when they're really busy. The coffee is spot on and the food is fantastic. There isn't a hangover in the world that can't be cured with their sausage and mushroom buttie! Lunch options are also great (home cut chips a MUST) and there's always some fab cake to choose from.

Above all, the staff are a joy. Friendly, efficient, polite and welcoming. It's by no means our local coffee shop but it's the one we make a point of going to, probably a few too many times, it's almost become an obsession.......

Yorkshire hospitality at its best.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jemtee77
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

After reading all the reviews that had been posted for the Midland Hotel, Leeds we were happy to book an overnight stay. On arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner and shown to our room which was ready for us even though we arrived early to make the most of the day by going into Leeds. We were in Room 2 which was compact but clean and cosy. It was a bit noisy on the night with car doors banging until midnight, but the bed was clean and comfortable. Things seemed to go downhill after that as we were woken up at 4.35am by the glass recycling men emptying the bin. There was one almighty crash and we didn't really get back to sleep after that. We went into the pub for breakfast and were told just to go through to the bar as our table was set for us. The waitress came and took our order and brought us tea and toast. After about 10 minutes or so the cook, who was quite grubbily dressed brought our breakfast to us. After reading other reviews about the delicious breakfasts I began to think I had read the wrong reviews on trip advisor. (I didn't) The bacon was cut so thinly and hard it had no taste. I had 2 tinned tomatoes and one was bad. The fried egg was swimming in fat and the toast must have been made using the cheapest bread available. When we go away, which we do frequently, we looked forward to breakfast as a full English is what set's you up for the day. Not on this occasion. I left most of my breakfast so had to get something to eat in Wakefield. We were the only people eating breakfast in the bar and not once did the staff come and ask if everything was ok for us or even would you like more tea/toast. I have never put a bad review on trip advisor before, as you will see if you read my other reviews, but we were just made to feel like the breakfast staff weren't interested in us. I would normally have complained to the manager but as we were pressed for time (we were catching the bus to Wakefield and it only ran every hour) we left it. On reflection I maybe could have spoken to somebody when we came back from Wakefield but as we'd had a good day out I didn't want to spoil it with a confrontation with the staff. I honestly felt that if they weren't interested at breakfast time why bother.

Room Tip: On a busy road so can be noisy, and don't forget the recycling men come very early. Could do wit...
Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheila T
Bellaallcoat, Owner at The Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
We are trying to contact you directly regrading your stay. We are extremely sorry about your disappointing stay and would like to put it right for you. We thank you for your comments which have highlighted the need for improvements & training, we have put these in place now. Your comments are valuable to us as it helps us to improve our service & helps highlight any problems we are unaware of. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Roomzzz Leeds City
#5 of 87 in Leeds
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre

Been to The Midland Hotel? Share your experiences!