“Greedy”

Toast
Ranked #745 of 1,883 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Toast bar combines the vibrancy of a Leeds city centre bar with the friendly welcome of a local - n Leeds' up and coming business district just minutes from Leeds train station and an abundance of retail therapy. Toast offers a bridge between sport enthusiasts and social gatherings, as for every HD TV screen, there is a candle lit table. Characterised with warm tones and oak features, Toast feels like home. An amiable venue bursting with an excitable and welcoming atmosphere. Plus, with a passionate and energetic team, we provide a service that not only leaves our customers upbeat but gives them a cheerful and pleasant experience to remember. Due to our talented head chef we offer a menu especially crafted to satisfy a diversity of palates, from seasonal main courses, traditional English cuisine and unique homemade burgers and more. These freshly cooked meals are served all day with an array of great beers, tempting wines and tantalising cocktails are what makes Toast Bar the perfect Leeds city centre bar - for business or pleasure! With an outside seating area you can opt for alfresco dining or just grab a beer and sit in the sun. Open seven days a week, Toast Bar is perfect for business and pleasure, parties and meetings, celebrations and special occasions. Come share a toast with us!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Becks is advertised as £2.50 on website AND I was told by barman that this is all day every day. On going for my second drink and all night we where charged £3. Not good seeing as we had brought 100 customers to the bar AND we where already being asked to reach a target in spending. very greedy!!!

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you feel that I am greedy, however, your opinion is misguided. My pricing structure must necessarily take account of various contingencies which are unknown to anyone other than myself, my accountant and HMRC.

Primarily, unlike most other city centre venues, I did not charge for the hire of the room despite it's being for your exclusive use. In such circumstances, as a consequence of such exclusivity, I forfeit the revenue that I would normally expect to receive on a Saturday evening were the establishment to remain open to members of the public.

Upon receiving your review I contacted the organizer of the function who, although unaware of the review as well as being uninterested in my pricing structure, was, however, concerned due to his expectation of using the venue in the future.

In conclusion I trust that the above has now clarified the situation for you.

Should you wish to discuss this further please email me on info@toastleisure.co.uk

Many thanks

Fiona France

There are newer reviews for Toast

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am travelling from Australia and went to Toast Bar and had one of the best Cajun chicken pizzas ever. The bar staff were so friendly and recommended me a bunch of different places to go and visit. If you are passing through Leeds you just have to give this place a crack its absolutely fantastic!

Hi,

Thank you for your great feedback. All our staff work hard to provide a great experience and comments such as yours are always welcome.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I came across this place totally by accident one weekend with friends. Tucked away on Wellington street you wouldn't expect anything outstanding but we were very pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere was great, we were served quickly despite the fact it was busy, and even though it was Happy Hour the young guy behind the bar took real time and care in making our cocktails! After a few cocktails we decided to order some food, I went for a platter and my friends had burgers and the pie. Again, the food totally exceeded our expectations, a much higher standard than the usual pub food you get in most places. Beautifully presented and absolutely delicious!

Being a massive fan of places like The Botanist and Angelica's, I expect a lot from bars in Leeds, but I will definitely be visiting Toast again! What a great find!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Came here with colleagues one evening after work and ended up having a meal here to soak up the wine! Great little place tucked away just off Wellington St with a really good drink selection and a decent food menu. I opted for gammon and chips which was a really generous size with plenty of chips, just what I needed at that time of the evening! My colleagues had burgers which looked fantastic and the other opted for steak, which like mine was a generous size and well cooked. Clean plates and full bellies said it all. Friday night has a DJ and discounted wine so we will definitely be back again! Great staff, friendly atmosphere was an excellent alternative to going into town on a busy Thursday night! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I shared a lunchtime 'nibbles' with my mum and sister in law and was pleased with the selection available, although it was busy with office staff we were served quite quickly, it was a very relaxed atmosphere, quite enjoyable

Hi 330gail58,