“Excellent”

Toast
Ranked #760 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Bar, British, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Toast bar combines the vibrancy of a Leeds city centre bar with the friendly welcome of a local - n Leeds' up and coming business district just minutes from Leeds train station and an abundance of retail therapy. Toast offers a bridge between sport enthusiasts and social gatherings, as for every HD TV screen, there is a candle lit table. Characterised with warm tones and oak features, Toast feels like home. An amiable venue bursting with an excitable and welcoming atmosphere. Plus, with a passionate and energetic team, we provide a service that not only leaves our customers upbeat but gives them a cheerful and pleasant experience to remember. Due to our talented head chef we offer a menu especially crafted to satisfy a diversity of palates, from seasonal main courses, traditional English cuisine and unique homemade burgers and more. These freshly cooked meals are served all day with an array of great beers, tempting wines and tantalising cocktails are what makes Toast Bar the perfect Leeds city centre bar - for business or pleasure! With an outside seating area you can opt for alfresco dining or just grab a beer and sit in the sun. Open seven days a week, Toast Bar is perfect for business and pleasure, parties and meetings, celebrations and special occasions. Come share a toast with us!
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went to Toast with my two children on a spur of the moment trip to Leeds. The hotel menu where we were staying wasn't very child friendly so we wandered across to Toast and although they don't specifically cater for children they were more than happy to accommodate us. We had a great meal with excellent service and very friendly staff.

2 Thank Kirstinthemiddle
Hi,

Thank you for your great feedback. All our staff work hard to provide a great experience and comments such as yours are always welcome.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Toast for value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great cheese platter and very generous portions on the mains. Very friendly, welcoming staff and good atmosphere. Really liked the back ground music. This was my first time and would go again.

1 Thank Caroltaylor63

“Fantastic independent venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although I'm pretty local to here, I'd previously only visited for drinks & periodically to watch football - at a standard £2.50 for a pint of Becks, who can blame me for that - but hadn't dined before my visit on Friday evening.

I think as a bar environment Toast probably gets overlooked quite frequently as a restaurant option too, so I'm thankful that I took this opportunity for a meal there.

We visited on a Friday early evening in a group of 16 friends, and arrived there around 7.30pm. Anyone who walks passed Toast on a Friday now be wondering to themselves about the after work crowds that are usually filling the place. Well it seems most of them have moved off home by the time we arrived, so by the time we dined at 8pm it was much quieter, and stayed that way until we'd finish - when the evening drinking crowd started to fill the venue up. Lucky us, perfect timing, so would recommend this for diners, and at great prices too.

We had a selection of veggie & meat platters to start off the meal, both of which had very good portions & tasty selections.

Everyone also raved about their main meals too, including me! I had a really tasty cumberland sausage served with roasted veg and mash. So good that it'll be a struggle to make myself order an alternative dish next time I visit!

Other guests enjoyed meals including Halloumi & carrot (veggie) burgers, chicken pie, fish & chips and traditional beef or chicken burgers. All homemade traditional British comfort foods.

Another tip for the diners, which I noted with interest, they do various food offers through the week - but the 241 deal on Mondays stood out for me!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect for lunch, dinner or just chilling with a drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Toast is the perfect place to meet up with friends or chill out on your own. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to be of assistance, the food is delicious with something for everyone, the atmosphere is welcoming, even if you go in on your own. The seating area outside is great for warm sunny days and nights and everything is reasonably priced.

1 Thank SuGiStar

“Greedy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Becks is advertised as £2.50 on website AND I was told by barman that this is all day every day. On going for my second drink and all night we where charged £3. Not good seeing as we had brought 100 customers to the bar AND we where already being asked to reach a target in spending. very greedy!!!

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you feel that I am greedy, however, your opinion is misguided. My pricing structure must necessarily take account of various contingencies which are unknown to anyone other than myself, my accountant and HMRC.

Primarily, unlike most other city centre venues, I did not charge for the hire of the room despite it's being for your exclusive use. In such circumstances, as a consequence of such exclusivity, I forfeit the revenue that I would normally expect to receive on a Saturday evening were the establishment to remain open to members of the public.

Upon receiving your review I contacted the organizer of the function who, although unaware of the review as well as being uninterested in my pricing structure, was, however, concerned due to his expectation of using the venue in the future.

In conclusion I trust that the above has now clarified the situation for you.

Should you wish to discuss this further please email me on info@toastleisure.co.uk

Many thanks