“A perfect venue for a summer evening of fine food and jazz”

Garden Room Cafe Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Garden Room Cafe Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 1,811 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Mansion's Garden Room Restaurant provides an excellent location for Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea, with some of the most spectacular views in Leeds. Our fantastic Chefs create a popular Specials Menu each day, using some of the finest locally sourced ingredients available. The Garden Room is also available for private hire (seating up to 65 guests). Ample free parking is also available on Mansion Lane
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A perfect venue for a summer evening of fine food and jazz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently held a fund-raising evening for our RNLI branch at The Mansion. Over 50 people attended and thanks to Dine's (the company that runs the venue) expert planning help, choice of band (Jazzmundo), a beautiful setting and an excellent three course meal we had a thoroughly successful evening and raised lots of money for the charity.
All Dine staff were really friendly, prompt and very helpful with all the little details that make for a well-run event. Their special care with some very complex dietary requirements was flawless.
They even collected the raffle money for us from the tables!

1 Thank Clive R

LEEDS
“BIRTHDAY PARTY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

On 8 June I took over the Garden Restaurant at The Mansion for my birthday party. I'm struggling to find the words to describe how superb the entire function was. The atmosphere was magic, the food was delicious and the staff had been trained to perfection. People attending (and there were 70) were all of the same opinion; the organisation and expertise was second to none. The Mansion is not a café, of course, and in life you get what you pay for. However, if anyone is planning a never-to-be-forgotten birthday party, I can give you a guarantee that in Andy Burke (Manager) you will find professionalism of the highest order, as well as total understanding of your needs. Having been married at Rudding Park, Harrogate, for which I, naturally, have the highest esteem, all I can say is that the Garden Restaurant at The Mansion, whilst on a different scale, is no less capable of putting on a party of the same calibre. There is no higher praise.

MDV

Leeds UK
“Fathers Day 15 June 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I went for Fathers Day lunch to the Garden Room at the Mansion. On entering the venue I thought I had entered a waiting area to have drinks until our table was ready as there were a lot of people standing about. Actually we were already in the "restaurant" and the waitress seemed uncertain where to seat us as she said the large party of people were late in finishing so she sat us in the middle of the room just in front of the reception where people were milling about waiting to pay.

I booked this venue as the website gave the impression of a more upmarket restaurant but it looks like a pub. Tablecloths wouldn't have gone amiss and the music which was a mixture of Sinatra and Jazz seemed a strange choice.

We had dressed smartly but this was a a bad choice as most people were in jeans and casual clothes.

Our drinks and food order was taken quickly and we didn't have long to wait for them. The waitress said the plates were hot so it was a pity the food was only warm. The food was ok but for a price of one course for £14.95 it was a bit pricey for what looked like a pub. I know the price reflects the location and the views over Roundhay Park if you were sitting near a window, but there are more places to eat for less on a Sunday.
The price wasn't just for Father's Day but for sunday lunch all the time. £23 for 3 courses.
We had 2 courses and together with drinks and coffee came to just under £50 which was expensive for lunchtime. Also we had to pay £10 deposit on booking as were told it would be busy for Father's Day and people sometimes booked and didn't show up. In actual fact it wasn't busy when we were there (1pm). Also the bill didn't show our deposit so had to ask them to rectify it.

We preferred the restaurant before it closed down and had sunday lunch there a few times when it felt more like a real restaurant with a proper waiting area for drinks before hand.
The management now seem to promote weddings and events and the Garden Room seemed like an afterthought.

1 Thank girly035
Leeds, England
“Good food, lovely surrounds but slooooow service on a busy day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely spot, beautiful surrounds and a really good roast with perfect Yorkshire puds and trimmings but let down by really slow service and no acknowledgement or forthcoming apology.
Arrived at 2pm, seated promptly but 20 mins later had to call for attention to even place our order. Not informed that there was a long wait and back log in the kitchen, which if we'd been made aware of upfront would've ordered differently. Chased up order twice and food finally arrived at 3.10... Felt over an hour from seating to food turning up was far too long; scoffed it all in hunger when it finally arrived which diminished the joy of an otherwise lovely roast din and dashed out at 3.30 for a train. Staff gave a quick and awkward and disingenuous apology at the end.
Nice lunch spot with friends and would go back but would always ask now about kitchen wait times and order accordingly or come much earlier when the kitchen is less heaving. They need more staff than the 3 we saw for such a busy Sunday lunch spot.

1 Thank Ranjana7
“Good food, service & beautiful surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a firm favourite with my Aunt & Uncle who eat here several times a month and I am more than happy to accompany them when I visit. The staff are extremely welcoming and attentive, even having a cushion readily available at the table for my Aunt to sit on. There is a good seasonal menu and daily specials. The eggs benedict with smoked salmon is a firm favourite but today I opted for the special salmon omelette with home made chips and salad garnish. It was delicious, the omelette was fluffy and the chunky chips were crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle, this was followed by a scrumptious chocolate tart. Set in the grounds of Roundhay park you look out on the beautiful parkland, watching the rabbits and squirrels darting about as you dine. Dog walkers are not excluded either as there is outside dining space. I have been several times now and the quality of food and service is alway consistent and I look forward to returning again soon.

• Visited May 2014