“A Very nice clean place to stay and eat and pray”
Review of Hinsley Hall

Hinsley Hall
Ranked #1 of 32 Speciality Lodging in Leeds
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here with my wife and Church group. The venue was great. Very clean and serves good food. The bar is well stocked. The chapel is really nice. This is great place for a retreat. The book shop called St Pauls is really nice and is stocked with Bibles and all faith books etc etc

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hinsley Hall

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have to say this was very good location about 10minute walk to Headingley Stadium which was the purpose of visit check in was very good very quiet clean and loved the old building and grounds had very comfy bed. Good value for money close to pubs food and transport, breakfast was good not keen on only 8 til 9 breakfast and if notified did arrange early 1 if needed which I thought was good we did use the bar which was ok would use again if in the area for sure. Well worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Don't often leave reviews, but my stay at Hinsley Hall was that great that I wanted to give them something back by sharing my experience.....

The price was superbly cheap; although I was lucky enough to get a couple of special discount rooms which worked out to £25 per person. The grounds and the building itself adds a lot to the visit, both of which are great and full of character. I did not spend a great deal of time there, as it was booked more as somewhere to lay my head.... But the time I was there I continually had to pinch myself to check that the price I had paid to stay there was not part of some great dream. Speaking of which, I slept superbly whilst there on account of the comfort of the bed and bedding, and the quiet and peacefulness. The room was very clean and tidy.

The staff were very polite, jolly and helpful. Very welcoming. I wear a big beard and dreadlocks, and must admit I had a touch of concern whether I might turn a head during the stay. But on the contrary, I found the staff were great. Even the cleaning staff greeted you with a smile and hello when you passed them.

I should also add that me and my friends arrived much earlier than expected (10:30). Hours before check in time. Yet the staff had no problem in letting us into (and using) our rooms which had already been cleaned and prepared.

The breakfast was fit for a king. Staff made sure you were never short of tea and coffee. The full English was buffet help yourself set up, and tasted great. There was a good array of cereals on offer, as well as fruit salad, juices, etc etc.

In conclusion - you need look no further!!! If I could give Hinsley Hall more than 5, I would without hesitation. I'm almost thinking of excuses why I should need to go to Leeds again, so that I can stay another night!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaxDread
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The grounds and buildings make this hotel an interesting place to visit. The prices are very reasonable, the location very good and the breakfast great. Overall excellent value for money, Make sure you take a walk around the ground.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Needed a one night stay with short notice, telephoned and was given abundance of information.
Room was very large with big bathroom and whilst it was a budget room, without tv, it provided a very high standard of comfort and cleanliness.
Breakfast was first class of buffet style and we would definitely use this place again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We booked this hotel as a place to stay for the extended family for our son's graduation. It is the conference centre for the Roman Catholic diocese of Leeds. The decor is functional 1980s conference centre, but the rooms are large and comfortable and there is an excellent breakfast. The building is an old Methodist training college that became a convent and is now a conference centre. It is set in very nice grounds in Headingley. Since Leeds is not the easiest city to find one's way around and as taxis are cheap it is worth staying here and spending what you save on eating at some of the excellent restaurants in the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ChalmerT
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was attending a training course at Hinsley Hall so I booked because it was handy for me. The room was basic, but spotlessly clean with a lovely en suite bathroom and a kitchenette on the landing with a selection of coffee and tea available all night.
The breakfast was 1st class and the staff couldn't do enough for you.
Set in beautiful grounds,this is a perfect place to stay if you are visiting Leeds University or a visiting parent of a student.
Ideal for open days/Graduation etc.

Room Tip: I chose a basic single room which was adequate for my needs....Shower and Sleep!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business