“Shame!!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
“Shame!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We dinned on Monday 26th May on a "Special Offer" 3 courses for £26 lunchtime special. Having been to this restaurant many times in the past and entertained business clients we have always had a nice experience dinning from the A la carte menu. This was not the case dinning at Gaucho on a special offer. It was very clear from the food that was presented to us that we were dinning on a budget. I can honestly say I have paid upto £100 per head at Gaucho for food and a few drinks and its been worth every penny. The special offer however isnt worth £10. I know what a good rib eye steak looks like, Ive had plenty at Gaucho from their A la carte menu. However, the rib eye on the lunch time special can only be described as left over bits of meat. It was no more than 2cm thick, very fatty and freezing cold having sat under the heat lamp for 5 minutes because the only waiter working that day was seeing to another table. This came with frozen over cooked chips and béarnaise sauce which strangely tasted of aniseed and not tarragon. We decided we didnt want to give desert a go having not enjoyed the starter or main so paid the bill sharply and left.

What a shame, If Gaucho are going to publish special offers then they should keep the standard the same as dinning on their A la carte menu. Its quite embarrassing being presented with food of that standard because your dinning on a special offer.

Dont think I will visit Gaucho anymore because of this. I will need to find another fine steak restaurant to entertain business clients!!

5 Thank Andreww_79

London, United Kingdom
“If you love steak, you will love this restaurant....”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant service, brilliant service... Great setting...... This a must see restaurant.... Best steak, cooked brilliantly, served to perfection... Great wine list to boot.

Visited November 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebration Family Meal”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We came here for my birthday on Sunday 25th May. There were six of us. We had a sumptuous meal, perfect in every respect, and the attention afforded to us by the staff was amazing.

It is expensive here - no doubt about that but the service and the food were second to none.

Would I come here again - does the pope wear a funny hat :)

Fab x

1 Thank Tooben
“Favourite restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Have been to gaucho now quite a few times.

Never fails to disappoint, food is always gorgeous and the service is great. Shame this is my favourite restaurant as it is so pricey but it's definitely worth it! (I never was a cheap date or so I was told!)

I'm not keen on the music and I find the steak has gone colder faster than usual if you get a platter with different cuts on it as it's served on a board, but next time will just ask for a plate. I'm sure they'd do anything you asked of them. It's not a criticism, just an observation.

Can't wait to visit again, it's always such a treat.

• Visited March 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, great wine and lovely service.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We've dined at Gaucho twice in the last month on Friday and Saturday evenings. The food was wonderful, I recommend the scallop starter and the entraña fina- both absolutely delicious. However, what stood out most was the fantastic service from our lovely waitress Florencia, who explained the cuts to us and gave us some great wine recommendations too. Thanks again for a lovely evening!