“Modern, clean, luxurious even......”
Review of Entrada Apartments

Entrada Apartments
Entrada Apartments
Ranked #27 of 33 Speciality Lodging in Leeds
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Nice and modern apartment, close to Leeds centre (10-15 min walk) with Sainsbury's Local 150 metres away. Everything as it should be. Slightly tricky to find because no big signs but no problem really. We really really liked it and the chap who met us was really friendly and nice too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The apartment we stayed in has made me question why my friends and I tend to book hostels or hotels! The flat was spacious and had all the things you expect from hotels (towels, tea and coffee, toiletries, hair dryer) along with extra luxuries like a balcony, full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, pots/pans/cutlery and TWO bathrooms! We shared a two double bedroom flat between four girls for a Saturday night in Leeds and it was perfect; the location is great (Sainsburys, cash point and some small restaurants on your doorstep), 10 minutes walk from the railway station and 10 minutes from bars and clubs. The block has a security guard on the door after dark (although the area felt very very safe) and the building and apartment were very well maintained.
One thing to be aware of though - as the apartment is in a residential block of private flats there is no sign on the outside or 'reception' to book into. You need to email the company a few days before to arrange for somebody to meet you. However the process was very straightforward and the Jury's Inn hotel opposite is a very handy landmark!
All four of us loved it and will always book here on future trips!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Everything ran smoothly when we arrived, let in the car park without problems and shown to our apartment which seemed to be good for price on first impression. Very cosy and modern apartment with everything that you need within walking distance. Staff was welcoming and explained what to do when checking out...
Apartment could do with a paint touch up and general DIY but other than that was beautiful and goo value for money! Only fault was the hot water not lasting 2 minutes for 4 people wanting to bath! Turn the radiators on full blast should do the trick. Spacious and enough room to put away clothes and other things both rooms clean and tidy with a lovely view over looking the city.. Close to the bars which was VERY handy! Great experience!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We booked the apartment for two nights as we had an exhibition at the Royal Armouries Museum. It was an inspired choice, as it's a little over a 5 minute walk. Indeed, if you are coming here, GPS is pretty useful!! After I booked on line I was contacted by Entrada and advised to call 30 minutes before arriving, so that someone would meet me on arrival. After arriving in the street and stopping by Jury's Inn Hotel (which is immediately opposite the entrance to the apartment block), I was indeed met and escorted into the car park under the building. The apartment had two parking spaces at £10 per night. The apartment was immaculate (ok, not under the sofa) and very modern - really pretty trendy, and fully set up for self catering. There is a BT Wifi unit with the security code on it just next to the 27" (?) flat screen telly. Brilliant. The view is onto what used to be a brewery but is now a large modern car park. Two bedrooms (queen double beds - comfy), two modern bathrooms with fresh clean towels,liquid soap and hand cream, and really great value for the discounted price (including parking) of 189 for the two nights. Centre of town is 5-10 minutes walk with restaurants, the Adelphi pub (we were there on quiz night - large selection of ales, good fresh tapas, passable main meals). Overall we found it to be a very good choice!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex1850
Reviewed 13 December 2012

In short would I stay here again.........No and I would advise others to think twice before booking these apartments.
Finding these apartments was impossible. The road they were in, no problem, but the buildings weren’t numbered. After phoning the tel number provided, a foreign male arrived and let us park in the car park (electronically controlled security gates) gave us a key to the apartment, but we could only move in later once they had cleaned the rooms.
CLEANED......now that is a laugh.
There were dirty hand smears on the walls, the bathrooms had had a quick once over but the plugs were so full of gunge that the water could hardly drain away. We tried pouring a kettle of water down, but this made no difference whatsoever.
The crockery and cutlery in the kitchen was coated in a film of grease, and on opening the dishwasher you could see why. This had never been cleaned. The filter was full, food was floating in the bottom and no end of hot washes with dishwasher tabs in, would shift the grease that coated the inside of this machine. It was disgusting.
Hot water......what hot water.....just cold water. Having booked this apartment well in advance and with the company phoning me the day before, to check I was still coming, you would have thought someone would have turned the hot water boiler on. Sadly they did not. This could also account for the fact that whoever was supposed to have cleaned the place, had probably just squirted some so called anti-bac cleaner around in an attempt to remove some surface dirt. My husband turned the boiler for the water on, but sadly it was set to one hour so by the morning two of us had hot showers and I was left with cold water.
There was a hole in the wall in the second bedroom, where the door handle keeps hitting the wall and the bedding was dubious.
Then came the biggest problem of all. The foreign male on our arrival had let us into the car park, but now we could not get out. The electronic gates do not open as you approach, the room key may well activate the front entrance door, but it did not operate this gate and the mobile tel number, hand written by the gate, to use if you have a problem, cuts out after the first ring. I tried ringing Entrada, got through to the recorded “your call matters” then no one answered. We were stuck.
Thankfully I found a man in the reception area who seemed to be a caretaker, and after explaining what had happened he reluctantly let us out.
So all in all, a dreadful place to stay and one I will never use again.
The only good thing I can say about it is the location is not bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hana C
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I visited these apartments on 24th Nov for a weekend with the girls of Xmas shopping. 2 bed apartment, fantastic location, it really was on a stones throw away from the central shopping area. We arrived around 10.30am and drove straight to Waterloo St to get an idea of where to go later on to check in. There is sign that gives the apartment block any identfication, so we rung the number, as I had NOT received an email advising of the check in process (despite emailing 3 times the prior week). When they answered we were advised we could book in immediately. great 5 stars for service! We arranged onsite parking £10 for 24hrs, again great, very sercure, the aprtment on first glance furnished to a high spec.
I received a telephone call later on in the day apologising for not answering emails and advised to text if I needed service, again great I thought. Until later on that night, when we returned after a long day of shopping, no instructions to operate any appliances, no batteries in any remote controls for TV, DVD, TV in bedroom etc. Lamp in bedroom, no bulb. Skirting boards in louge full of somekind of sticky stuff, clearly not been cleaned in months.. the list of cleanliness issues goes on.
Sunday morning I sent a text asking if we could be let out of the carpark at 10am as it needed a code (not given). no reply, so I rung at 9.55, mesage advised me that my call could not be taken. I called 0845 for Entrada apartments which must have transfered call to said mobile as the same thing happened. So OK, down to carpark where we thought we could tailgate. Nope, not an option the place was deserted. Half an hour of ringing Entrada, still could not get through, in the end we rung the number for the CCTV and begged to be let out!! at 11am I receved a text from Entrada apologising did I still need letting out as , 'they did not receive my text till late'!!! Not good, we had to be out for 10am, it was just as well we had no train, plane or other emergency as getting out of that carpark was impossible! Great for Theives, not so good for Service Users. Would we return again? Not for the fear of being trapped in that carpark!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela L
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I did of course but my experience wasn't great. Four of us stayed in a two bed apartment so if you like mouldy showers with doors that fall off the hinges, the worlds most uncomfortable beds and pillows, no hot water, broken bed side lamps, faulty tv remote, faulty light bulbs, noisy neighbours - then this is place to go. Also, filthy skirting boards - a bit picky? Well the four of us run a cleaning company so maybe .....

We're all girls and used to bunking together - which is essential as the beds in our apartment were doubles so if that doesn't suit you make sure you ask about twin rooms. We sorted the water and heating situation (put the water heater on boost and switch the wall heaters on manually - they should have told us all this, someone did show us to the apartment but didn't share any of that).

Having said all that we booked this last minute, it was much cheaper than a hotel room between the four of us and with a good scrub, some maintenance and better attention to detail, they could be really nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends