“Quiet clean hotel for a stopover”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ahmedabad, India
“Quiet clean hotel for a stopover”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were there for just a night stop over. We selected this hotel because we wanted to have dinner at "Prashad" an Indian Restaurant at BD11 1AT which has outstanding reviews.
The dinner was fabulous, in fact the best we have had in UK so far.
The staff is very friendly. The receptionist helped my wife with the bags and also printed out the directions for Prashad.
Room size is a tad small for 3 persons... otherwise the hotel is clean and good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff been helpful and very friendly, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.
I was sorry to hear that the guest room size was too small for your needs but thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in order for us to review and improve our policies and procedures.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here with my 2 children when we came to Leeds for a family christening. The room was great value at £79 for 2 nights with breakfast and was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet and the food was very good. The staff were helpful and friendly and if you needed any items like tooth paste etc reception provided them free of charge. My only complaints would be that the hotel was quite noisy and I thought our family room could have been bigger, with the sofa bed pulled out there wasn't a lot of room to move about.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet very good. We strive to provide high standards at great value and I was pleased to hear that we met your expectations.
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff been helpful and friendly the team will be pleased to receive your comments.
I was sorry to hear that you found the hotel noisy and your family room small on your visit, guest comfort is of high importance to us and once again I would like to thank you for your feedback.
Los Olivos, Lima, Peru
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Spent two nights at Holiday Inn Express Leeds. It is out of the City and price per night reflects that but there is a station about a mile away at Woodlesford and you can get into the City Centre in about 8 minutes for two pounds per single journey. Room was clean and comfortable. The foyer area smelt of wet dog but reception staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok...scrambelled egg, sausage, yoghurts, fruit and cereal - toast and nice bread rolls. We enjoyed our stay even though it was near to the end of March in England when blizzards were raging round the country!

Room Tip: We had a room 101 on the ground floor. .
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay, I was pleased to hear that our guest rooms and breakfast met your expectations and you found our reception staff helpful and friendly and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.

Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant odour you encountered in the reception area If I had been aware I would have investigated the problem but please be assured that this is not our normal standard.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments guest feedback is always appreciated.

UK
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife and I have just returned after spending one night in the Holiday Inn Express East. Bit out of the city centre but ideal for us. It was quiet and the rooms were very clean, spacious and cosy. Bed was a bit soft for me but that is not a bad point, I still slept well. Coffee and tea in the room and good shower and toilet facilities. Very polite and helpful at reception. Breakfast was excellent, suppose to be continental but included sauages, scrambled egg and beans with all the continental bits and bobs. Toby carvery 20 yards away with excellent food.

Room Tip: My room 122 was close to the main roundabout and was good for a seven o'clock alarm call other t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben1955
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you found our guest rooms quiet clean and spacious and the breakfast excellent, however I was sorry to hear that you found the bed too soft as guest comfort is of high importance to us.
I will ensure that your comments regarding polite and helpful staff is passed on to the team and once again thank you for your comments which are always appreciated in order for us to review and improve our policies and procedures.

Kind Regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have just returned from a weekend away , we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Leeds East. First visit for us there but certainly wont be the last, The room are nice and spacious with Television hair dryer tea and coffee facilities in the room, Also a nice en suite bathroom with all facilities, spotlessly clean. The breakfast was amazing it was continental breakfast but also included was hot scramble eggs, sausages and baked beans and plenty more choices with cereals toast croissants etc., What impressed us about this Hotel was, that we could sit in the lounge any time throughout the day and evening and there was always hot drinks available free of charge.
My partner is a seasonal ticket holder for Leeds United so we got priority booking, As Holiday Inns are in partnership with Leeds United so it's worth knowing.
Next door to the holiday Inn there was a Toby carvery and around the corner there is also the 3 Horse shoes restaurant we have been to both places and had nice meals there, both good value for money.
The Staff at the Holiday inn were very pleasant and helpful it's well worth a visit.

1 Thank cheshirecat057
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel, I was delighted to hear that our guest rooms, breakfast and facilities met your expectations. The hotel prides itself on high standards at good value rates and we look forward to welcolming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Leeds East in the near future.
Wilts
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight in this hotel and found it perfectly suitable for our needs. It was in a quiet location, the room was very large and it was spotlessly clean. The breakfast selection was excellent for such a small stop-over type hotel - croissants, eggs, sausages, toast, cereal, yoghurt - all self service in a very nice dining area. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front but it is a very quiet area so I think all rooms would be fine.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you were pleased with the location, breakfast and cleanliness of our guest rooms and we look forward to welcolming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Leeds East in the near future.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Hi , what a great stay following heavy night drinking at a wedding do at the Oulton Hall. Very warm welcome from the staff, very helpful and they smiled while they worked.

Was great not to rush in the morning, Breakfast was served from 6.30 to 11.30, as you can Imagine when you had heavy night drinking you dont want to be rushing next morning. We were with a family party of 8 and we all enjoyed the Breakfast , which had everything from cold to hot food.The rooms were larger than expected , nice decor and you can tell the rooms are looked after.

What a great stay, my first time with Holiday Inn, will be staying again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 148 and was very restful
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the warm welcome you received from the hotel staff, the team will be pleased to receive your feedback. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding breakfast and the standard of our guest rooms. The hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Leeds East in the near future.