“5/5”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 17 May 2013

happy customer, very surprised at the level of comfort. ive stayed in more expensive hotels and this has a premium feel for a very good price. Breakfast buffet included which was helpful with children. tea facilities in room, spacious rooms, pleasant staff. would definitely use again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay, I was delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms comfortable and spacious and you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, guest comfort at a good price is of high importance and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcolming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Leeds East

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed for one night whilst travelling up to the North east. The hotel is about 5 minutes off the M1 situated next to a Toby carvery. It's a typical express, quite small but great welcoming staff. The rooms are well decorated with everything you need. Very clean indeed. The mattresses for me were very soft and probably need changing. I certainly noticed it! Breakfast is the usual but plentiful. Its a small eating area but it didn't seem too busy. The Toby carvery next door does good food very reasonably. Definitely recommend and stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments regarding your clean guest room and great welcolming staff, I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.
I was sorry to hear that you found the mattress too soft, however, I would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention as guest feedback is always appreciated in order for us to review and improve our services.
Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is really quite an acceptable place. The staff were all very pleasant. Breakfast was fine, plentiful and regularly replenished. Room was clean and sufficient for our needs.
The mattress in both of the rooms we had was really too soft for our liking (certainly not the Premier Inn comfort level) but apart from that would not wish to complain.
One issue and this hotel is far from alone is the necessity to pass through a smoke zone on the way in. It was bad enough for my 3 year old to comment on the smell. Is it not possible to provide a shelter some distance from the doorway?
We had a room overlooking the car park, probably a room at the back would have been preferable, it may have avoided hearing some residents being disgorged from the taxi at 4 am then having an argument with each other!

Room Tip: Probably at the back overlooking fields
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Firstly I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the clean rooms, breakfast buffet and pleasant staff, however, I was sorry to hear the mattress in both of your rooms was too soft for your liking, guest comfort is of high importance and guest feedback is always appreciated in order for us to review and improve our services.
I would also like to apologise for the fact that you had to pass through other guests smoking near the doorway and the noise disturbance you encountered in the early hours of the morning we do discourage both the smoking and noise disturbance wherever possible and I have taken your comments on board and would once again like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcolme you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

It's the story of a under supported bed saga. This wasn't the best night sleep ever but probably not the worst. However it was clean, warm and breakfast was great.

Surprisingly it was also quiet despite being next to a pub and busy road. Overall not too shabby, just the bed to sort out and it'd be fab.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable comments and for taking the time to write a review, I was sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed due to an unsupportive mattress and I would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention. Guest comfort is of high importance and guest feedback is always appreciated in order for us to review and improve.
I was delighted to hear that the guest room met your expectations and you had an enjoyable breakfast.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. We attended a wedding over the road at Oulton Hall during the day. The hotel room was spacious and nicely decorated. Everything was modern. There was tea and coffee in the room (but no biscuits). We stayed on the ground floor and the room was nice and quiet at night over looking fields. Breakfast was pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages and beans with toast, cereals, yogurts and fruit. The cooked breakfast was really good and I had a lovely hot chocolate for my morning drink (they also did tea & coffee) :) The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to hear that you had an pleasant stay and found our guest rooms spacious and modern and you enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
Thank you also for your comments regarding friendly and helpful staff I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.
We look forward to welcolming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have stayed here twice before and the stay has been great. Exactly as it should be clean, nice rooms and nice staff.

I stayed in April after being unable to get a hotel room in the centre of Leeds I managed to get the last room here. I checked in about 6 and the staff were nice and quick. I was advised I had a disabled room with wet room, no problem at all stayed in plenty of these before and no issues.

I literally had time to open the door and throw my bags in the room as the taxi into town was already outside.

I got back to the hotel after midnight and got into the room. As per the norm, nice room and clean until i go to the bathroom. The shower area was disgusting. Please see the pics, the drain was so choked with hair and fluff that the rest of the bathroom flooded when in use. Dirty moulded tiles. Really not the standard that the Holiday Inn has shown in the past. Anyway i already knew it was the last room and it was well past bed time.

The bed was clean and comfortable and the room was quiet until the morning when the usual sound of doors etc... started.

Breakfast was quite poor. The hot food was not great looking at all and the scrambled eggs i had i assume were make from powder from a packet.

At check out i didnt complain about the shower. It was early and i just needed to be out and on my way so I cannot say how the hotel would have handled my complaint but thats my fault and i entirely accept that. However surely the cleaning staff should take one look at that shower drain and see that it is completely unacceptable?

3 stars out of 5 as previous visits have been great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Firstly I would like to apologise regarding the shower area within your guest room, I was horrified by the photographs taken and I would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention as I can now investigate the cleaning schedule in place during your stay. Please be assured that guest rooms are cleaned and maintained to high standards and unfortunately this fell below a satisfactory standard during your visit.
The cooked breakfast is standard and of high quality and I am sorry that you found it unsatisfactory during your stay, I would also like to reassure you that our scrambled egg is cooked fresh and not from powder. If we are aware of imperfections we would always rectify the problem.
Once again thank you for bringing these matters to my attention to enable me to investigate and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We spent a lovely night at the hotel last week whilst visiting Leeds. We have stayed here before a few years ago and it is still as good. It has very friendly helpful staff and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is a help yourself and offers very good value as included in the price of the room. It is a way out from the centre of Leeds but we caught a bus at the end of the road and seems to be a very good bus service. We had a meal at the next door Toby Carvery which was also very good. All in all a good overnight hotel especially if you get a good rate. Many thanks to all the staff and well done. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanHykeham_lincoln
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay, I was delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet good value, we strive to provide high standards at great value and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the friendly helpful staff I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.