“The brand always delivers yet another good location.”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“The brand always delivers yet another good location.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Everything on the tin delivers ... Great value and the breakfast is great and has all you need with great sausages to complete the meal . Try them they are better than you think ;-) local to a Toby restaurant so good venue for evening meal on a late arrival .

• Stayed December 2013
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your lovely comments. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel good value with a great breakfast. The hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed for one night as one of a large party which arrived late in the evening. Check in was quick and efficient. The room very good and spacious although the bed was a little wallowy.

The breakfast buffet was adequate, although why no bacon I'm not sure and the sausages weren't the best.

Unfortunately the wi-fi wasn't working for my whole 24hr stay.

I'd certainly stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay, I was delighted to hear that you found check in quick and efficent and your room spacious.
The cooked breakfast is standard and of high quality I was sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations.
I was also sorry to hear that the wi-fi was not working during your stay, once we are aware of any problems we try to rectify it as soon as possible.
Once again thank you for your comments which are always appreciated in order for us to review and improve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

we booked a single nights stay at this holiday inn express for the bargain price of £34 for two people including breakfast.
me being a pescimist assumed it would turn out to be hostel (and I even admit that i did consider taking a sleeping bag to avoid catching something - a friend just caught impertigo from a hostel so not totally without warrant although probably slightly extravagent!)

We arrived and it looked okay, very quiet and no one at front desk... which set alarm bells ringing for me!
but once we located someone to check us in, he was very friendly and welcoming, showed us to our room .... which was MASSIVE! we had managed to get a disabled room which had a wet room and so much space - very pleasantly surprised.

Comfy bed and choices of pillows. only downside was that dispite all rooms being non-smoking someone had clearly sparked up in a room next door.

next big plus was breakfast. everything you could possibly wish for.... yogurts, fruit, croissants, muffins, toast, marmite, coffee, juice. you name it, they had it.

except for bacon... gutted! but i understand their reasoning since everyone likes their bacon different it would be hard to please everyone so they just omit it from the menu. no major drama :)

absolutely amazed at the price and quality of our stay. would recommend to anyone! only disappointed we didnt get chance to use the swimming facilities!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay and for your kind comments regarding your comfortable guest room, however I would like to apologise for the smell of cigarette smoke it is as you say a non-smoking hotel and if we are aware of guests smoking we would issue a warning.
I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

A lovely stay, made even better by the wonderful Anne. She went above and beyond in helping us enjoy our stay, a credit to the Holiday Inn. Treat this lady to something special for Xmas, because loyal hardworking staff like Anne do not come around often! :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments regarding loyal hardworking staff, I will certainly ensure that your comments are passed on to the team members.
I was delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay and once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here a couple of nights as we had to be in Leeds and didn't want to stay in the city centre.
It was standard HIE but at least you know what you get for your money.
Check in was friendly and efficient and we were on the second floor which was fine.
Personally I found the beds too soft, but the sheets were soft and comfortable (couldn't say the same for the towels, need to be softer and have a nicer smell).
The room overall was clean, comfortable and warm and though at the front, we didn't hear any traffic noise.
My pet hate is the bathroom with its 'one door' that acts as the loo door, leaving the bathroom open to the rest of the room and personally I prefer the option of a bath too.
BUT overall, it is very good value and I would use it again - being outside Leeds we found plenty of country walks around which is nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

As a regular user of holiday inns, this is distinctly average, the rooms are beginning to look shabby the general paintwork is peeling in several places.

Beware , no food on site and I hade chance of a table in the Toby next door, told an hour to wait and met people leaving who had not been served.

I addition I am a member of IHG rewards, they give appaling service and have no idea what they are doing

Room Tip: Not on the front, the pub is noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your comments, I was sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of your guest room, the hotel strives to deliver high standards and it is regrettable that we fell below your expectations during your stay.
As a IHG Rewards member and a valuable guests to us please be assured that we take customer feedback very seriously and I would like to once again thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Warwickshire
Reviewed 22 November 2013

As other reviews have pointed out this is a typical HIE although smaller than many and that means it feels a little more friendly - the staff on the reception certainly were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for me when I wanted a taxi into Leeds, coffee makings etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your lovely comments regarding the friendly and helpful staff on reception. The hotel prides itself on high standards and I am delighted that we met your expectations.
I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team and once again thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.