“Great Hotel for Business Traveller” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel for Business Traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I use a number of IHC hotels and have found the Crowne Plaza one of the better in the chain. Front office staff are all very pleasant and helpful. I was booked in by Saj and Karolina who ensured I had an upgraded room, and on departure Erin was very good in explaining the breakdown of my bill.

The room was very clean and bright, with a newly renovated bathroom. I really appreciated the new large flat screen TV's with a good range of free to air HD channels and Sky Sports 1/2/3, although these were unfortunately not in HD.

I did not eat in the restaurant, so can not comment on this, but I did partake in breakfast which was varied from fruit to a cooked buffet. I had poached eggs which were superb and staff were very attentive. Likewise the bar staff were very friendly and helpful as well

Location of hotel was good, just on the edge of the city with an easy 5 min walk to the main part of town with plenty of resturants and bars to choose from in the evening.

Overall I can highly recommend the hotel and will be returning next time I am in Leeds.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that the hotel suited your requirements.
Our flat screen televisions are definitely a welcome addition to the bedrooms!

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to Saj, Erin and Karolina as they serve as a great motivator.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

Stayed at the plaza to visit my daughter and sample the leeds nightlife. The hotel was clean staff welcoming and breakfast was good. No gripes whatsoever.Yes you do have to pay for parking but its a busy city centre hotel and £9 for 24hour parking is'nt to much. 10 minute walk to city shops and pubs' go for it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

we loved it at the crowne plaza only down side was the heat in the public areas especially at breakfast! beds were comfy & clean bathroom was ok just needs a little update but its nothing major we are definately going back easy check in & nice friendly staff thanks

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the majority of our facilities were up to standard.

I apologise if our public areas were not at a suitable temperature for you. We want to ensure that our guests feel both comfortable and relaxed in these areas, so it is disappointing to hear that on this occasion you were not. The temperature is adjustable in these areas, so if this was to cause you a problem in the future, we could certainly rectify it.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

A comfortable 4 star Hotel,reasonably convenient to the city centre but well catered for with Taxis. Tidy and well furnished rooms and a variety selection of Breakfast ingredients.
Swimming pool readily available.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were delighted with our facilities.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

The Crown Plaza Leeds offered us exactly what we needed, excellent facilities attentive staff comfortable room with crisp white bedding and pillows and little extra's to make our stay romantic. Room service was very prompt. There is also on site car parking facilities and spa for extra relaxation. With just a short walk to the city centre
A must for any one looking to stay in Leads.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Stayed in Crowne Plaza in February. The hotel is beautiful however rooms need to be refurbished as soon as possible. Really friendy staff- reception- Polish girl called Carolina was great!!!!! Came with my husband and kids for weekend break. She was really helpfull and very polite. My kids absolutly love her!!!! Always smiled and lovely. Also girl from Spirit was nice think was called Lizzy:)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to both Karolina and Lizzie.

Within the hotel, we are consistently seeking to improve the standards of our facilities, so I apologise that you felt your room was in need of improvement. We have recently refurbished our executive floors within the hotel and have received some really positive feedback about them.

Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

The first time I stayed here back in October or so last year I wasn't that impressed, but my last 2 stays have changed my mind. The rooms are lovely and quiet, well equiped for business and the room service prompt. It has a nice leisure centre on site with a pool that, sadly, is next to the breakfast area...so you may see more than you bargained. Otherwise, good reception staff, good management and good breakfast staff (compared to the Nottingham Holiday Inn staff they're amazing). Good job.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and although I was disappointed to here that your stay in October was not up to standard, I am glad we have had the opportunity to show you our usual high standards since then.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team, as they do have a really positive impact.