“A good choice if you get a good rate!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here for a Saturday night stay in Leeds - knew how to reach it, it's closer to the city than the Holiday Inn Express we have stayed in previously. Parking is expensive, £9 at a weekend or £13 otherwise overnight. There is a huge NCP behind the hotel, so it might be worth enquiring there!

Had a long wait at reception on a few occasions, but found the receptionists friendly. The room was a good size, complimentary water, chocolates and sleeping spray! There was an ice machine on the third floor. Never worked out why the minibar remained locked, especially after they had my card details!

Used the leisure facilities, there were no lights working in the pool and it looked a bit dull - feel as if the area could do with a bit updating. It could very easily be really nice!

Didn't bother with breakfast, but you could pre-order it from reception for about £9... And yes, you'd think since most of the competition offer free wifi, Crowne Plaza would follow suit! We wait in hope!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our car parking rates are checked on a yearly basis to ensure they are competitive with all the car parks in the area, so I am confident that the NCP behind us would not be any cheaper.

With regards to our Leisure facilities, the lights were all awaiting specialist replacement and this is being completed today.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just spent a two night break here with my wife and two children, and would have to say I would visit again and recommend to others.
W arrived early, the reception staff were great and the room was ready. We were part of a large group and we all had adjoining rooms. Our family room was clean, large and spacious with two large beds with welcome chocolates on the pillows. Needless to say my wife and I didnt get the opportunity to try them. Within the room there was ample facilities from iron/ironing board, fridge, hair dryer and additional bedding. In the bathroom were ample towels with more towels stored in the room itself, plenty of complimentry toiletries etc.
The kids loved the pool which was clean, clear and warm the kids were having a ball until one gentlemen decided the pool was his alone to swim lengths and seemed to do his best to swim through the kids. there is also a sauna and steam for the adults to enjoy!!
Our group had bed breakfast and evening meal, I can honestly say the meal on offer on the first and second nights were great plenty of choice on the menu for both adults and kids and the group were accomodated well within the restaurant area. one niggle was that the hotel had clearly over booked for the new years eve gala which meant not all of our group could sit together, we were told this was because we had booked very late, even though the group was booked by one person in September!!
Breakfast, needs to be looked at as on the first morning we had to queue for half an hour, to be seated as there was only three members of staff on to clean, clear, lay and serve. the food was hot and plentiful with lots of choice, however on the second morning seemed to swing the other way to being dry and burnt so settled for fruit.
Bar area is clean and spacious although in typical hotel form charges are high £4.10 for a pint, £5.30 for a spirit and dash, £4.80 for a baileys but this is no differant to any other hotel
Parking is ample but charges are too high when you consider the prices to stay there. It is secure. £26 for two nights is too expensive. we were lucky as the group had this waived.
This is a great location for exploring not only the city centre but also the surrounding areas and we visited Temple Newsam and Millington Railway during our stay which I would recommend as the people who operate it are great.
would I stay here again? Yes and hope to get free parking!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Crispy1973
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here in a large room for 2 nights on a bed and breakfast basis. The room was large and well equipped and big enough for myself, my wife and our son. The only meal we ate in the hotel was breakfast, which was neither any better or worse than at any other hotel I have stayed at. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and were eager to help. The location was also very good as it was close enough to the city centre, but not so close as to be noisy. My only complaints are the car parking charges and the fact that in common with too many hotels (especially IHG ones),is the fact that they think it is ok to charge you for Internet, when it really should be free to all hotel guests. That apart, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As a city centre hotel, we do indeed charge for car parking, but feel it is competitively priced for the area. Our owners do also charge for internet usage, but we do have several different packages available to make it more affordable.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

we have recently spent two nights here and would reccomend this hotel
the girl on reception( abigail) was lovely as were the other staff
our room was spacious the bed was very comfortable
we paid extra for our breakfast but if you booked in adsvance we were given breakfast for
£10 each and well worth the money it was
the wine was expensive
the lager was average price but there is a nice pub down the road
we had to pay for parking but we didnt object to that

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team, in particular Abigail, as they serve as a great motivator.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year. The room was very up to date and well furnished. All the staff were cheerful and very helpful and obliging. The main let down was the restaurant which has a very basic decor, limited breakfast menu e.g. only machine sliced bread and no rolls or uncut loaves and only margarine spread on the serving table, since they had 'run out' of butter. The set dinner menu was also limited in choice on one evening and service was very slow on the same evening.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

DearGuest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some interesting feedback regardingyourrecentstay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care.

I would like to assure you that we do usually have a selection of uncut bread as well as butter available for our guests at breakfast. I am sorry this was not available to you and I must apologise that your experience in our restaurant that evening fell below expectations as well.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for some of the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Ive just been to my best friends weddding reception at the crowne plaza, I myself had my wedding reception here in 2007. . I can not fault the place, the staff very helpful, our honeymoon suite was lovely, the catering was good, its good because there is 2 seperate rooms so the older party dont have to listen to the boom boom disco, lovely entrance and stairway for photos, cost was excellent compared to some places i went to see, great being in central leeds as i had family and friends coming from all over, everyone had a fantastic night, ive been to big weddings that cost a fortune, mine was cheap and cheerful, and to this day people say what a fab night it was, so it just goes to show money doesnt buy a fab night. . .

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and in particular the wedding you attended.

It’s great to see we are being recommended between friends to celebrate your special day.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Modernish City hotel with rooms that are average or quite good depending on whether you get one of the newer ones. Internet is extortionate and parking is £13 per night - but you get most of the other usual trimmings: trouser press, bottled water, coffee, biscuits and a couple of chocolates.
Health Club and pool available but not my scene so I only looked through the window - seemed fine.
Breakfast is good and varied, worth about a 7 out of 10 grading. Restaurant is charmless and rather empty and their Osso Bucco rather disappointing the only time I ate there.
Location is the hotel's weakness. It is 10-15 minutes walk to the city centre restaurants and the hotel is surrounded by charmless modern concrete office blocks.
Service is good - a shortage of coat hangers was remedied in 2 minutes flat and when the Invoice wouldn't print (why do hotel checkout printers always malfunction?) the reception staff emailed me a copy before my requested deadline.

Room Tip: Some rooms more recently decorated - these are better. Water pressure a bit low on 5th floor.