“Excellent spa hotel in a great location”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Excellent spa hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here as a group of 7 for a hen weekend, and it was simply fantastic. The reception staff were great on arrival. The rooms were spotless, and spacious. We had spa treatments booked on the Saturday morning, and all the staff were extremely helpful and really professional, we spent a couple of hours in the pool and sauna/steam room which were all clean, and well maintained. Will certainly be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank lauraisabelle1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hampshire
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Great big room, comfortable bed, nice and quiet, we got free fruit, water and mints. Less than 10minute walk to the right on Wellington Street right outside hotel to Leeds City Centre (eg Railyway Station).
We will look to book to stay here first, next time we need a Leeds hotel.

Big flatscreen TV, Sky sports 1/2/3 , (but no free movie channels). Sofa, dining table with chairs, fridge, massive window, several chest-of-drawers for clothes plus wardrobe
Plenty of carparking room on site, £13 during the week, but reduced to only £9 for Friday and saturday nights which was a nice suprise.

Internet was fast and consistant, £16 for one day BUT for 3days or more was lower rate £10/day which is quite reasonable for hotels these days. And could use two laptops at same time on this internet package rate.

Nice hotel amenities, lovely indoor pool, nice big first floor bar, and ground floor dining room for breakfast which was very good. Excellent, friendly staff, easy checkin and checkout.

We fancied an Indian Curry meal, concierge recommended " Mica's Kitchen" a 5 minute walk away as being best curry in Leeds and the nearest restaurant to CP Hotel. Mica's was excellent, so much so we ate there again.

From our point of view, only slightly negative point was the, to us, limited food menu choice, then again because of that, we ended up having a really great curry just 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Only 6 floors. Sixth floor has the executive rooms and executive suites. Our room 'Grace Suit...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scuba_in_the_sun
Edgware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Currently staying at the Crowne Plaza in Leeds. It is a 4 star hotel with good facilities and excellent reception and breakfast room staff but is let down by poor housekeeping.

On arrival very late last night we found that our room had not been adequately prepared although we had contacted the hotel well in advance with our needs and notified them that we are asthma sufferers. Though the room was booked for 3, there were only mugs and glasses for two and the mugs had remnants of the previous client's drink stuck on the bottom/sides. There was and still is a thick layer of dust on all surfaces. Phone is sticky with dirt. Mirror in bathroom is full of fingerprit marks. Bathroom floor had black marks.

I mentioned this to the daytime receptionist who apologised and said she'd notify housekeeping. True, the maid came later on and 'cleaned' whilst we were in room. I put cleaned in quotes because no chemicals were used. Just one of the towels with which was wiped the wall tiles as well as sink and floor. No dusting. No hoovering. No mirror cleaning. No cif or similar on taps to disinfect and shine. Beds were made but not fully. Dirty glasses were not removed. Fresh glasses were not provided.

After an enjoyable spa time, we returned to room yearning for a hot drink. We discovered kettle had old water left in it. Mugs had dirt rings. I rang reception and complained more strongly. A maid was sent with 3 mugs, out if which two were not clean enough. When asked for glasses, she returned holding four glasses with her fingers inside the rim! How can you employ people who disregard basic hygiene?! I pointed out to maid the dust but she just smiled. Did not offer to quickly clean surfaces. I showed her dirty mug and she put her hand in it, wiped it with her fingers and returned it to me saying it's ... OK!!! I asked her if she was going to remove rest of mugs/glasses and she said no. I am appalled by this behaviour.

This is not a cheap hotel. You certainly expect better than this. A real pity. I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with British hotels because wherever I travelled on the Continent, Africa and the USA the rooms were spotless, even in Egypt.

Anyway if you need to stay here, bring your own duster, dishwashing liquid and sponge and maybe even some hard surface cleaner to be on the safe side.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before you check in and check for cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Maria M,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the positive comment regarding our hotel facilities and reception as well as the breakfast service. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. I will follow up your concerns to the Housekeeping Department to ensure similar occurrence do not happen in the future.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
UK
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at the Leeds Crowne Plaza for one night in June 2012, we had a very enjoyable stay. Reception staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. We booked with Priority points and were upgraded to a suite which was a pleasant surprise. The room itself was just what we expect from a Crowne Plaza, very good, clean and comfortable, breakfast was excellent. A big "thank you" to all the staff for making our stay a great one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cruisemad
East Midlands
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel, stayed here with a corporate contract and so impressed by the standards. Receptionist team were excellent especially the blond girl who was really helpful in giving me directions to the city centre & how to find places there. The breakfast served up was very good full English, all food was piping hot & delicious to eat, not overlooked. The room was very comfortable, nice comfy bed & decent facilities. The evening meal was amazing, there was a big tall guy I think who must of been the restaurant manager maybe, always made sure he welcomed us into the restaurant & made sure everything was ok with the food, seemed like a really decent guy who cared which makes all the difference I think. Congratulations to an amazing hotel, amazing staff, amazing quality. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank damokins1982
st albans
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here as my daughter was graduating.the welcome was very pleasant and our rooms were sorted out quickly and efficiently.The rooms were adequate and quite large.We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night,food was lovely.I asked the waiter about the easiest route to get to the city centre as I had not stayed at this end of the city before and he came back with a map and told me the best route to go.I then asked him about putting some wine in my daughters room the next night and he arranged all of it for me and put it in her room the next night along with some strawberries ,I think his name was allesandro (sorry I think that is spelt wrong).We had a slight problem with computer price glitches on checking out but feel that the service was so good that it would be unfair to let that taint my visit or review of the hotel.I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Harrow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed here for over 3 months while working in the area. The hotel really put themselves out to help me and make my stay as pleasant as possible. Thanks to the manager and all the staff who really have a great attitude to their work.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the rooms. Worth getting Priority Club points to ensure your upgrade...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business