“Great family weekend away.”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great family weekend away.”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked here at last minute via last minute website. We travelled with our 4 month old little girl, which staff made a fuss over her which was lovely. Nothing was too much for the reception staff, they were very helpful, I didn't get their names unfortunately but I am sure they will know who they are. We had problems with the internet, we paid £16 for 24 hours but it wouldn't work. We rang reception, they put us through to tech support. I think it was more of the room we were in. I informed reception on checkout and they happily removed the charge.

The hotel is well presented, clean, quiet and has everything you need really. Our room was lovely, great view. The only problem was the shower, I disliked how it was fastened to the pole, it was a bit difficult to rinse my hair etc. Breakfast was lovely, again staff were friendly. One gentleman in particular who was chatting to us and my Daughter. He had a Daughter too so we all were sharing stories. He was that lovely it felt like we had known him years.

We used the swimming pool, not an ideal temperature for babies but it didn't really seem to bother her, we only had her in there for a little while. Great family changing rooms. I enjoyed a little swim alone and some time in the jacuzzi which was nice.

I love love love how they had an ice machine on our floor, amazing! I have never seen nothing like that in hotels. Simple things.

We ordered room service as it was ideal for us with a little one, food was nice. We had the angus burger as well as the chicken dhansak. Nachos were tasty but get them without those peppers, they were way too hot!

We will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 22 January 2014

Matt Byram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night only as was also attending a training event on the Saturday. Arrived mid afternoon so they managed to fit me in a quick facial on the Friday afternoon which was very relaxing and reasonably priced (especially for a hotel). I was upgraded on arrival and got a nice with robe, slippers, sleep accessories, tc, it was just lovely, felt like I was on a spa weekend rather than on business! Anyway can't fault it, slept well, and was well looked after throughout breakfast and then during the training event, good lunch. Not sure how much it cost as it was prebooked by someone else, but I would stay here again when in Ledds whether on business or for pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

stockton
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Crown plaza is a Good hotel close to the centre of leeds. Helpful are staff and the breakfast was good. The Pool area a little untidy but good to have a pool at all. We Will return to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 17 January 2014

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Short walk from the train station. The girls on the desk were lovely and checked us in quickly. Rooms were spotless,decent size and had everything you could need. Staff couldnt be more helpful advising us what bars were best to go to etc. We asked for late checkout which we were given without a charge. Paid about £4 for taxi into city centre which is about a 5 minute journey. Great hotel and staff were so helpful and kind - will definalty be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay. We had a great time in Leeds, there's so many bars and restaurants! We were in the Grace room and the bed was amazing - could do at least two sausage rolls before reaching the other side of the bed! The room was quite dated compared to the hotel rooms I'm used to staying in but the room was perfectly clean and very spacious! Hayley on reception was lush - she can come and work on my hotel's reception desk any day (-: only one small moan was the weird buzz that the bathroom made every couple of minutes. It was only for a few seconds at a time but you could hear it in the main room, bizarre! Would definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments Hayley, as they serve as a great motivator. Hayley is new to the hotel so it is nice to hear she is already making an impression with our guests.

Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Walking up to the Crowne Plaza, its bland exterior doesn't inspire confidence. But once inside all that prejudgement drips away. The lobby is clean and welcoming. The staff stupendous.

Arriving after 2pm as scheduled there were no available rooms as they had a large exodus that morning. I had been traveling for about 24 hours at that point and inquiring if there was anything at all available, even at a slight rate increase, I was immediately informed that I would be upgraded to a suite for free - The Hadley Room. On the sixth floor the Hadley Room was spacious and included a trouser press. The bed was incredibly large and the room included both a small dining table, large vanity, pull out love seat suitable for one larger adult and wall of windows. The bathroom was clean, spacious and provided a great deal of complimentary supplies. Upon research this room was not much more expensive (and sometimes advertised at the same rate) than the normal double I had originally book and well worth the extra cost.

The distance to the train station and City Centre was ideal. About a 7-8 minute walk from the train station was perfect to catch my early ride to Manchester but also provided a quiet exterior - something hotels closer to the station can suffer a lack of given the raucous forays out of Leeds on a Friday or Saturday night. While there are no restaurants immediately outside of the hotel the 10 minute walk to the City Centre lays a bevy of options at your feet while allowing for a safe walk back to the hotel as it is surrounded by offices and other accommodation sites.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite on the sixth floor. With only a slight increase in price (with sometimes no diffe...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had previously stayed at the Doubletree in Leeds and thought we would try the Crowne Plaza this time, not least as we got a deal for GBP 45 per night. We checked in about midnight and it was, like the Doubletree, like arriving at a nightclub. The lobby was full of drunken people and the music was so loud that we could barely hear what the staff member was saying to us. The room was fine. Nothing exceptional, but comfortable (despite quite a small bed). We didn´t spend much time there. One thing that lets it down is the location. Unless you have a reason to be at that end of town, it is a bit of a walk from the centre. We stayed at a weekend and had hoped to be able to park in neighbouring streets free of charge. That wasn´t really possible, as they are all private land or pay and display. 8am-10pm on a Sunday. Still cheaper than the hotel parking though. Good value at GBP 45. Not if we had paid full price.

Room Tip: High floor, to insulate you from the nightclub!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

In respect of your comments regarding the noise, it sounds like you stayed when one of our Christmas party nights were taking place. Throughout December we have a number of these take place and do where possible try and place guests not attending them on higher floors. I must apologise that this has impacted your stay. Throughout the rest of the year you would not find the same level of noise.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds