“Service with a smile and great facilities”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 24 January 2014

On arrival late on a Sunday evening, welcomed with a smile from a friendly face, checked in promptly and had a lovely room; clean, chocolates and pillow spray to help me sleep. Up early refreshed and used the gym and pool which were both as you would want. Will stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Matt Byram

Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a great hotel within a short walking distance of train and town centre. Staff are lovely and very helpful. Rooms are spacious and bed comfortable. They even include a little lavender sleep solution which is a nice touch.Only thing I was disappointed with was the price of using wifi which was £5 an hour although it is cheaper if you purchase for 24 hrs-but this is for continuous use and lets face it you are sleeping for 7 or 8 hours. Carparking has also increased to £15 per day so it all adds up.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main youenjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a 2 day weekend workshop. Found the reception staff, Danielle on the Saturday when we checked in and Emma on the Sunday when we checked out, very friendly and so helpful. The food was excellent and the serving staff, especially Paul and Alex, were again most helpful and made the meal times very enjoyable. They were both professional and funny!. Didn't have time to used the spa and pool facility, but looked clean and staffed well. Would recommend a visit and will be visiting again.

Room Tip: none of our party had any problems with our rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked here at last minute via last minute website. We travelled with our 4 month old little girl, which staff made a fuss over her which was lovely. Nothing was too much for the reception staff, they were very helpful, I didn't get their names unfortunately but I am sure they will know who they are. We had problems with the internet, we paid £16 for 24 hours but it wouldn't work. We rang reception, they put us through to tech support. I think it was more of the room we were in. I informed reception on checkout and they happily removed the charge.

The hotel is well presented, clean, quiet and has everything you need really. Our room was lovely, great view. The only problem was the shower, I disliked how it was fastened to the pole, it was a bit difficult to rinse my hair etc. Breakfast was lovely, again staff were friendly. One gentleman in particular who was chatting to us and my Daughter. He had a Daughter too so we all were sharing stories. He was that lovely it felt like we had known him years.

We used the swimming pool, not an ideal temperature for babies but it didn't really seem to bother her, we only had her in there for a little while. Great family changing rooms. I enjoyed a little swim alone and some time in the jacuzzi which was nice.

I love love love how they had an ice machine on our floor, amazing! I have never seen nothing like that in hotels. Simple things.

We ordered room service as it was ideal for us with a little one, food was nice. We had the angus burger as well as the chicken dhansak. Nachos were tasty but get them without those peppers, they were way too hot!

We will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night only as was also attending a training event on the Saturday. Arrived mid afternoon so they managed to fit me in a quick facial on the Friday afternoon which was very relaxing and reasonably priced (especially for a hotel). I was upgraded on arrival and got a nice with robe, slippers, sleep accessories, tc, it was just lovely, felt like I was on a spa weekend rather than on business! Anyway can't fault it, slept well, and was well looked after throughout breakfast and then during the training event, good lunch. Not sure how much it cost as it was prebooked by someone else, but I would stay here again when in Ledds whether on business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Crown plaza is a Good hotel close to the centre of leeds. Helpful are staff and the breakfast was good. The Pool area a little untidy but good to have a pool at all. We Will return to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Short walk from the train station. The girls on the desk were lovely and checked us in quickly. Rooms were spotless,decent size and had everything you could need. Staff couldnt be more helpful advising us what bars were best to go to etc. We asked for late checkout which we were given without a charge. Paid about £4 for taxi into city centre which is about a 5 minute journey. Great hotel and staff were so helpful and kind - will definalty be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends