“Very good and very cheap”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was surprised by my recent visit as to how cheap the Crowne Plaza was. I have to say the rooms were clean, check in was easy and the bed comfortable.

The only downside is the noise insulation between rooms. I could hear everything going on in the adjacent room.

It is also a good 10 minute walk from the station but more importantly a walk in the opposite direction to the city centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DRCran
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Matt Byram

Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a night on business. I thought rooms were nice, relatively modern and breakfast was ok. Staff at reception were very helpful and friendly. My only negative comment would be regarding the heating (or lack of) in the room. My room was absolutely freezing when I arrived so I turned the heating on. Woke of in the middle of the night in sweats from the heat. A hotel like that should have properly functional (radiator) heating.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some constructive customer feedback.

Please be assured I have passed on your comments to our maintenance team.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel was fab when we stayed in December abd was just as good yesterday

I dont know what the training regime is but its so different to many IGH hotels ( and I stay in lots!) You are greated with a cheerful mmemeber of staff where ever you go - reception, breakfast room, the bar, in corridors and nothing is too much trouble

We stayed in room 618, great room - loads of space, such a comfy bed - we slept like babies!!!!

Its an easy walk into town, so for us a great location for a day of retail therapy, a nice lunch out and then dinner at Kendells Bistro which was also fab - a great combo!!!

Thanks to you all and we will be back again soon!

Room Tip: 618 a great one!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 January 2014

On arrival late on a Sunday evening, welcomed with a smile from a friendly face, checked in promptly and had a lovely room; clean, chocolates and pillow spray to help me sleep. Up early refreshed and used the gym and pool which were both as you would want. Will stay again

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a great hotel within a short walking distance of train and town centre. Staff are lovely and very helpful. Rooms are spacious and bed comfortable. They even include a little lavender sleep solution which is a nice touch.Only thing I was disappointed with was the price of using wifi which was £5 an hour although it is cheaper if you purchase for 24 hrs-but this is for continuous use and lets face it you are sleeping for 7 or 8 hours. Carparking has also increased to £15 per day so it all adds up.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main youenjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a 2 day weekend workshop. Found the reception staff, Danielle on the Saturday when we checked in and Emma on the Sunday when we checked out, very friendly and so helpful. The food was excellent and the serving staff, especially Paul and Alex, were again most helpful and made the meal times very enjoyable. They were both professional and funny!. Didn't have time to used the spa and pool facility, but looked clean and staffed well. Would recommend a visit and will be visiting again.

Room Tip: none of our party had any problems with our rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked here at last minute via last minute website. We travelled with our 4 month old little girl, which staff made a fuss over her which was lovely. Nothing was too much for the reception staff, they were very helpful, I didn't get their names unfortunately but I am sure they will know who they are. We had problems with the internet, we paid £16 for 24 hours but it wouldn't work. We rang reception, they put us through to tech support. I think it was more of the room we were in. I informed reception on checkout and they happily removed the charge.

The hotel is well presented, clean, quiet and has everything you need really. Our room was lovely, great view. The only problem was the shower, I disliked how it was fastened to the pole, it was a bit difficult to rinse my hair etc. Breakfast was lovely, again staff were friendly. One gentleman in particular who was chatting to us and my Daughter. He had a Daughter too so we all were sharing stories. He was that lovely it felt like we had known him years.

We used the swimming pool, not an ideal temperature for babies but it didn't really seem to bother her, we only had her in there for a little while. Great family changing rooms. I enjoyed a little swim alone and some time in the jacuzzi which was nice.

I love love love how they had an ice machine on our floor, amazing! I have never seen nothing like that in hotels. Simple things.

We ordered room service as it was ideal for us with a little one, food was nice. We had the angus burger as well as the chicken dhansak. Nachos were tasty but get them without those peppers, they were way too hot!

We will return.