“Absolutely outstanding!”

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Absolutely outstanding!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I stay in many hotels but we were very very impressed with the Crowne Plaza. We had a one night stay on the 25th Jan, and we couldn't fault a thing. Staff were wonderful and welcoming, our room was immaculate, clean and very modern. The spa is also good for a relaxing swim. The only issue we had was our mini bar was not stocked however when we told reception they sorted it out right away. There was an incredible young lady on reception (sorry I didn't catch your name) who has big black glasses, I must say she is a credit to the hotel, she was incredibly helpful, kind and easily arranged our last min late checkout. Thank you so much, we will be staying again!

• Stayed January 2014
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 14 February 2014

Matt Byram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Leeds for one night and as soon as we approached check in we were treated to a huge smile and genuine interest in ensuring our stay was perfect from start to Finish Emma is a credit to the IHG chain in outstanding customer service.we were able to park at the hotel, yes you pay £10 to park but it it is secure parking and price matched to other car parks in the area. Our room was clean and comfortable on the 6th floor no issues there . We had a drink in the bar on the mezzanine floor and was greeted by a cheery member of bar staff while Emma organised a taxi to our restaurant. the city is ten minute walk down the road handy for lunch and some retail therapy! Check was equally as smooth and dealt with proficiently by Emma who wished us well on our journey. The Staff at the hotel are super and we could not fault them for customer service much better than other IHG chains we have stayed in and would recommend the hotel to others in a heart beat.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 30 January 2014

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was surprised by my recent visit as to how cheap the Crowne Plaza was. I have to say the rooms were clean, check in was easy and the bed comfortable.

The only downside is the noise insulation between rooms. I could hear everything going on in the adjacent room.

It is also a good 10 minute walk from the station but more importantly a walk in the opposite direction to the city centre.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DRCran

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a night on business. I thought rooms were nice, relatively modern and breakfast was ok. Staff at reception were very helpful and friendly. My only negative comment would be regarding the heating (or lack of) in the room. My room was absolutely freezing when I arrived so I turned the heating on. Woke of in the middle of the night in sweats from the heat. A hotel like that should have properly functional (radiator) heating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some constructive customer feedback.

Please be assured I have passed on your comments to our maintenance team.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice.

Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This hotel was fab when we stayed in December abd was just as good yesterday

I dont know what the training regime is but its so different to many IGH hotels ( and I stay in lots!) You are greated with a cheerful mmemeber of staff where ever you go - reception, breakfast room, the bar, in corridors and nothing is too much trouble

We stayed in room 618, great room - loads of space, such a comfy bed - we slept like babies!!!!

Its an easy walk into town, so for us a great location for a day of retail therapy, a nice lunch out and then dinner at Kendells Bistro which was also fab - a great combo!!!

Thanks to you all and we will be back again soon!

Room Tip: 618 a great one!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Essex/London
Reviewed 24 January 2014

On arrival late on a Sunday evening, welcomed with a smile from a friendly face, checked in promptly and had a lovely room; clean, chocolates and pillow spray to help me sleep. Up early refreshed and used the gym and pool which were both as you would want. Will stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a great hotel within a short walking distance of train and town centre. Staff are lovely and very helpful. Rooms are spacious and bed comfortable. They even include a little lavender sleep solution which is a nice touch.Only thing I was disappointed with was the price of using wifi which was £5 an hour although it is cheaper if you purchase for 24 hrs-but this is for continuous use and lets face it you are sleeping for 7 or 8 hours. Carparking has also increased to £15 per day so it all adds up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main youenjoyed your stay with us.