“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at the crown plaza overnight recently as our daughter had a university interview. We found the staff on reception that dealt with us very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Matt (think that was his name)went that extra mile when we realised that we had left some copies of exams papers at home and photocopied again for us. There were also two ladies both called Emma that were equally as helpful by booking taxis and generally making our stay enjoyable. The room was clean and beds very comfortable and we enjoyed fantastic breakfast with lots of choice. Your staff are a credit to you and thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: January 2014
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Leeds

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne plaza Leeds for 3 nights , from the 31st - 3rd. the check in process was the best we've ever had Thanks to Matt and his absolutely faultless customer service skills. we have been to many hotels around the UK and we can honestly say he is one of the most pleasant receptionist we have met. he went the extra mile to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. the blonde lady who checked us out on the 3rd at 12oclock , was also very very friendly. thank you all.
we are quite picky when it comes to food in hotels and restaurants , for the first time my partner who is a chef did not complain about anything and said its flawless! even our room service waiter Jay was flawless too!! he had excellent customer service skills and made us feel at home.
the leisure centre was good, however sauna was broke and the hottub had too much chlorine in it.
overall we had a very relaxing and pleasant stay and will be looking to come back soon

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a lovely night at the Crown Plaza. Visiting son at uni. Arrived 10.30 a.m. to drop off bags - expected to check in after 2p.m. told that we had a suite and it was ready!!. Fabulous made the weekend special. Used the pool etc - sauna not working though. Good breakfast , turn down service with chocs, wine and fruit a nice touch.
Good location 10 mions walk from station . Will stay again.

Room Tip: Worth the stand by upgrde
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This room was booked as a double standard room for £57 for a Saturday night visit in Leeds.

There is nothing I can fault this hotel on, from greeting to helpfulness, the staff here are an asset to the hotel chain, I will be more than happy to book and stay at this hotel again.

The pool and health club facilities are complimentary to guests, which was great, they provide towels for you at the health club entrance, where as some other hotels require you to use the towels provided in your room, £1 is required for a locker, which you do get back, the Jacuzzi is very relaxing too.

Our standard room had a fully stocked mini bar, which again, you don't get in other chain hotels. The prices of the drinks in the mini bar are reasonable.

The en-suite bathroom was spotless, very modern and lovely toiletries provided.

Great tea and coffee provisions along with 2x packs of biscuits, usually other hotels only provide 1x packet of biscuits.

And very comfortable double bed, you also get a sofa in the room and a great selection of tv channels.

I would very much recommend staying in this lovely hotel. excellent value for money.

Room Tip: With the service me and my partner received and the quality of room we got, I have every faith that...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I stay in many hotels but we were very very impressed with the Crowne Plaza. We had a one night stay on the 25th Jan, and we couldn't fault a thing. Staff were wonderful and welcoming, our room was immaculate, clean and very modern. The spa is also good for a relaxing swim. The only issue we had was our mini bar was not stocked however when we told reception they sorted it out right away. There was an incredible young lady on reception (sorry I didn't catch your name) who has big black glasses, I must say she is a credit to the hotel, she was incredibly helpful, kind and easily arranged our last min late checkout. Thank you so much, we will be staying again!

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Leeds for one night and as soon as we approached check in we were treated to a huge smile and genuine interest in ensuring our stay was perfect from start to Finish Emma is a credit to the IHG chain in outstanding customer service.we were able to park at the hotel, yes you pay £10 to park but it it is secure parking and price matched to other car parks in the area. Our room was clean and comfortable on the 6th floor no issues there . We had a drink in the bar on the mezzanine floor and was greeted by a cheery member of bar staff while Emma organised a taxi to our restaurant. the city is ten minute walk down the road handy for lunch and some retail therapy! Check was equally as smooth and dealt with proficiently by Emma who wished us well on our journey. The Staff at the hotel are super and we could not fault them for customer service much better than other IHG chains we have stayed in and would recommend the hotel to others in a heart beat.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was surprised by my recent visit as to how cheap the Crowne Plaza was. I have to say the rooms were clean, check in was easy and the bed comfortable.

The only downside is the noise insulation between rooms. I could hear everything going on in the adjacent room.

It is also a good 10 minute walk from the station but more importantly a walk in the opposite direction to the city centre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo