“Amazing bonus to our engagment weekend!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Can not fault our stay and the amazing staff at this hotel!
My boyfriend proposed to me at home In Newcastle then whisked me away the next day for a lovely weekend in one of our favourite cities to visit!
We are regular visitors to Leeds but have never stayed at the Crowne Plaza before this trip. I can not tell you how friendly and bubbly the girls on reception were and they were genuinely over the moon for us when we explained we had just got engaged. The lovely lady who was checking us in (sorry I didn't get her name) upgraded our room and offered us breakfast in bed on the house-which was amazing.
The hotel and rooms were spotless and in a really good location- about a 5/10 minute walk into the city centre and a short taxi ride when the weather is a bit rubbish (which it was this weekend).
Thank you for making our weekend that extra bit special! It meant a lot to us.
We will defiantly be returning!
Kim and Adam

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to the girls on reception, as they serve as a great motivator.

Matt Byram

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Could not fault the hotel staff we're spot on especially Danielle she was so attentive through out or stay breakfast and dinner was nice room was an executive very nice and clean stayed I other rooms before they have been clean and comfortable pool area nice chill out before getting ready to go out in the evening also before you checkout

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We came here for a lunch during the business week as we were in the area.

The mezzanine level was nice to sit out on although the bar area at the front of the hotel on the first floor had no atmosphere at all.

I ordered a steak baguette which was presented well but the steak was very overcooked resulting in it bring quite dry. I did ask the server before if I could have had it cooked differently but he said that there 'wasn't a button on the till that gave him that option' which was disappointing. Paying over £10 for a sandwich which was a little out of the city centre means I probably won't return.

The communal areas were clean and the staff pleasant and polite.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I arrived a little stressed due to train delays and bad weather. I was soaked and grumpy. The receptionist was delightful, offered me slippers and a robe (brought to my room moments after i arrived) and I went for a swim before having a long bath and room service. They couldn't have been more helpful.

The pool isn't huge but the swim was very pleasant. The food (I had room service and breakfast) was nice, not cheap but very convenient.

The room was a good size, the bathroom was also a decent size with a proper bath. There were some lovely touches such as lavender pillow spray to help sleep as well as the usual tea/coffee and bathroom products. The bed was very very nice and I slept very well.

Basically I wanted to move in. They really do look after you.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the front of the hotel, nice view of the city but if noise bothers you I suggest...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed at the crown plaza overnight recently as our daughter had a university interview. We found the staff on reception that dealt with us very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Matt (think that was his name)went that extra mile when we realised that we had left some copies of exams papers at home and photocopied again for us. There were also two ladies both called Emma that were equally as helpful by booking taxis and generally making our stay enjoyable. The room was clean and beds very comfortable and we enjoyed fantastic breakfast with lots of choice. Your staff are a credit to you and thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne plaza Leeds for 3 nights , from the 31st - 3rd. the check in process was the best we've ever had Thanks to Matt and his absolutely faultless customer service skills. we have been to many hotels around the UK and we can honestly say he is one of the most pleasant receptionist we have met. he went the extra mile to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. the blonde lady who checked us out on the 3rd at 12oclock , was also very very friendly. thank you all.
we are quite picky when it comes to food in hotels and restaurants , for the first time my partner who is a chef did not complain about anything and said its flawless! even our room service waiter Jay was flawless too!! he had excellent customer service skills and made us feel at home.
the leisure centre was good, however sauna was broke and the hottub had too much chlorine in it.
overall we had a very relaxing and pleasant stay and will be looking to come back soon

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had a lovely night at the Crown Plaza. Visiting son at uni. Arrived 10.30 a.m. to drop off bags - expected to check in after 2p.m. told that we had a suite and it was ready!!. Fabulous made the weekend special. Used the pool etc - sauna not working though. Good breakfast , turn down service with chocs, wine and fruit a nice touch.
Good location 10 mions walk from station . Will stay again.

Room Tip: Worth the stand by upgrde